Author Topic: New Season Ticket Holder - Some questions  (Read 3951 times)

New Season Ticket Holder - Some questions
« on: October 14, 2014, 04:56:04 PM »

Offline fan09

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
I just moved back to Boston recently and am so excited to finally be a season ticket holder again (it was a long 8 years)...can someone fill me in on some of the basics to expect?

I got an email a while back about a club seats promo...does stuff like this happen often now?

Is it easy to offload tickets to games I can't make?

Any other things I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Re: New Season Ticket Holder - Some questions
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 07:01:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
-Some of the benefits include a discount to the souvenir store at the Garden, access to playoff tickets before they go on sale to the public and also some type of "interactive fan experience."

A couple years ago, they invited stholders to play around on the parquet after the game.

The promos are just sort of a way for them to try to pry more money away from you.

As for it being easy to offload tickets, it depends.

Unfortunately, with the Celts not a good team right now it's not quite as easy as it was a few years ago. A lot of times it depends on the team and day of week they are playing.

For example, you'll probably have an easier time selling your tickets to a Friday night Thunder game as opposed to a mid-week game vs the Sixers.

Enjoy your tickets!

Where are your seats?

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 09:55:30 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
When I had season tickets, there was shoot-around on the parquet both years (2007-8, 2008-9).

The ability to resell tickets gets better every year as better and more flexible online services are provided.

Sometimes they have an even for season ticket holders where you get to meet some 'legends' and get to go into the locker room.

Usually you get to attend one pre-season practice, but it seems they changed it to a scrimmage this season as I saw every team seemed to have one.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:04:15 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
That's right, forgot about that, you also get to attend an open practice.

I'll admit, I never went to those.

Didn't feel like driving 45 minutes just for a practice (lol.)

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 09:24:57 AM »

Offline fan09

• Open Roster Spot
Thanks for this!

My seats are in Loge 3, behind the visiting bench.

Looking forward to the upcoming season - I think this team will be a fun one to watch!

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 03:54:41 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
There are a bunch of things to know.  I am in section 9 so, like you, I am in the "Players Section," although you are one section closer to the center than I am.  If you look at http://www.nba.com/celtics/allaccess/stm-benefits-seating#plyr, it will give you a list of benefits per section.  Apparently, we get an exclusive photo opp on the floor.  I have also done the shootaround, which was pretty well organized, and gone to the practice facility (which is a long drive).  Tenure is here: http://www.nba.com/celtics/allaccess/stm-benefits-tenure.  I'm in year three and will get some branded gear.  Whoo-hoo!

I find that both my sales rep and the general STM line really try.  They're pretty good about getting answers or returning phone calls.  They've been very helpful when it comes to the perks, like getting a kid's name on the scoreboard.

I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to the "value" they place on STHs, as my experiences have been mixed.  But I keep renewing, so the good clearly outweighs the bad.  And this year, when the team was pretty bad, they lowered prices and threw in some small incentives to get me to renew.

It was very hard to resell Loge tickets last year and I don't think it will be any better this year.  They probably told you that X% of tickets that are listed get resold, but they don't tell you the average price at which they were resold.  Out of the 27 games that I didn't go to last year, I ended up donating about a dozen.  One or two of those were ones that I gave away to charity on my own, but those were tickets that likely would not have sold.  For the remainder of the tickets, I generally got back 50-80% of what I paid for them, but there were more in the 50s than in the 70s.  The plus side is that it is pretty easy to resell tickets and I'm told better than in previous years, although I'm not a big fan of showing the TM surcharge of 21.5% on the resale page rather than buried on the third page, like it is for the Celtics' own tickets.  I couldn't put into words my reasoning for that feeling, though.  I've used Craig's List before and will continue to do so.

As was mentioned upthread, you can probably figure out what games are going to sell (although with Durant on the bench, I'm not sure this year is going to be so good.  ;D).  Holidays, especially Christmas, games should sell well.  Midweek against the Raptors won't.  I target getting back 75% of what I paid for unused games.  Two years ago, I got 101%.  Last year, I got 59%.  I think I'm going to be in that range again this year, although the way that the Celtics have priced games individually (which I can't stand, for tax purposes) will make it look better optically, if not in actuality. 

Every once in a while I'll get something which is just a small "thank you" for being a STM.  I mean small, like a t-shirt or something, but at least it's something.

Keep posting if you have any more questions and we'll try to help!

Mike

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 01:57:04 PM »

Offline fan09

• Open Roster Spot
Thanks Mike!!

Question regarding additional tickets - obviously there are the games everybody wants in terms of getting extra maybe (i.e. Cavs, Lakers, etc)...how easy in general is it to get additional tickets for home games?

If you request it will they give them to you at the season ticket rate? Will they not help you at all?

Thanks!

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 03:57:29 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
For the "good" games, it's going to be difficult, although last time I looked, there were still some tickets left for Cleveland at face value.  For most games, though, it should be pretty easy this year.

Truthfully, I've never asked for extra tickets, but if they've got them, they're usually happy to sell them.  I can't answer, though, the price at which they'll sell them to you.  Sorry. :(

Mike