20 (60.6%)
20 to 25
1 (3%)
25 to 30+
2 (6.1%)
10 to 15
6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Lets Talk Paul Pierce  (Read 4075 times)

Lets Talk Paul Pierce
« on: October 14, 2014, 08:04:20 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
pierce choosing DC playing with a point guard wall and lots of rebounders
with a stacked up PF's so probably playing at SF (main scoring SF)
how many minutes per game and how will coach wittman handle pierce in his systems

also, do you think if pierce is injured or slightly injured is wizards in trouble?
and how can wizards handle lebron with pierce on the bench, otto on lebron? webster on lebron?
how about marion and miller and jones at the bench?

for me i say pierce will get 14 to 20 PPG, with maybe 2 steals and 5 assist and 8 rebounds below

Re: Lets Talk Paul Pierce
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 08:23:22 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think those are some high averages. He is going to make a huge difference for Washington but at this point he is probably the 4th option on offense (Believe it or not) when Beal is healthy. He will still be their closer at the end of games but he is there for his veteran leadership and locker room chemistry. With Gortat and Nene gobbling up rebounds I think 8 a game is very high.

Last year in 28 minutes a game he averaged 13.5, 4.6 rebounds, and 2.8 assists with a steal per game. I wouldn't expect those numbers to jump crazy amounts.

15, 5 and 3 from Paul would be a great addition for the Wizards.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 10:49:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
so no chance he scores between 10 and 13 points per game?  that's what I think he'll score but there's no option for that.

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 01:20:43 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Paul Pierce will average 12-15 points a game.  He could average 10 a game forever.  I'd expect about the same across the board as last year.  Once he became a vet he was always great for the celtics in the fill the need role.
Power forwards out and we need more rebounding Pierce would do it.  Bradley at point  :-[  Paul would handle the ball and get the offense going.  So numbers could jump if there are injuries and his pt goes up.  Otherwise I'd say 13 its, 5 rebounds, 3 assists

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 01:52:24 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
pierce choosing DC playing with a point guard wall and lots of rebounders
with a stacked up PF's so probably playing at SF (main scoring SF)
how many minutes per game and how will coach wittman handle pierce in his systems

also, do you think if pierce is injured or slightly injured is wizards in trouble?
and how can wizards handle lebron with pierce on the bench, otto on lebron? webster on lebron?
how about marion and miller and jones at the bench?

for me i say pierce will get 14 to 20 PPG, with maybe 2 steals and 5 assist and 8 rebounds below

Also to add... Pierce has never averaged more than 7.3 rebounds in a season. Has averaged 5.1 assists only once. And has averaged 2.1 steals only once. So 5 assists, 8 rebounds and 2 steals would pretty much be career numbers as a role playing 37 year old. Don't see that happening.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 02:16:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I actually think Otto Porter Jr has game.  I think once they give him an opportunity, he'll shine.  It wouldn't completely shock me if he slowly eats into Pierce's minutes as the old man struggles...

What's the % chance Porter Jr earns the starting role this year?  I mean... probably low, but it's not completely out of the question if Pierce takes a age-related nose dive.

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 02:52:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I actually think Otto Porter Jr has game.  I think once they give him an opportunity, he'll shine.  It wouldn't completely shock me if he slowly eats into Pierce's minutes as the old man struggles...

What's the % chance Porter Jr earns the starting role this year?  I mean... probably low, but it's not completely out of the question if Pierce takes a age-related nose dive.
I thought Porter had game coming out of college but man he was awful last year. I haven't seen him play this preseason but if he hasn't picked things up some, I can't see him doing anything to affect Pierce's playing time or starting position.

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 04:17:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I thought Porter had game coming out of college but man he was awful last year. I haven't seen him play this preseason but if he hasn't picked things up some, I can't see him doing anything to affect Pierce's playing time or starting position.
Porter is 21 years old.  Injuries derailed his rookie season... that and a lack of role on the team.  He played 6 summerleague games and averaged 19 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists on 48% shooting in 32 minutes

His last 3 pre-season games:

23 minutes - 4-5 shooting, 12 points, 5 rebounds
20 minutes - 5-9 shooting, 14 points, 2 rebounds
24 minutes - 3-5 shooting, 13 points, 6 rebounds.

He's showing some life.  I'm just saying that if age catches up with Pierce and Porter continues to produce... I could see something happen there.  I think as-is, Porter is the 6th man right now.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 04:35:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Porter is 21 years old.  Injuries derailed his rookie season... that and a lack of role on the team.  He played 6 summerleague games and averaged 19 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists on 48% shooting in 32 minutes

He's showing some life.  I'm just saying that if age catches up with Pierce and Porter continues to produce... I could see something happen there.  I think as-is, Porter is the 6th man right now.
I give little credence to summer league or pre-season stats. I'll make my opinion based on what I see of him when real NBA players are actually trying to win games against him.

But you are right. He is very young and was banged up some last year so he could improve dramatically. I hope he does. I thought he looked like a sure fire future NBA starter when he was in college.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 05:22:06 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

Last season I was on the Green-for-Porter trade wagon like crazy. I think Otto Porter will be a really good pro and I wanted to get in on the ground floor of that. Still do!

Green-for-Porter 2014-15 !!!

Green for Porter/Seraphin works $ wise and we could throw in the Philly 1st (2nds) too.

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 08:49:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
so no chance he scores between 10 and 13 points per game?  that's what I think he'll score but there's no option for that.
Agreed. Please change the poll.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 12:05:28 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12

I give little credence to summer league or pre-season stats. I'll make my opinion based on what I see of him when real NBA players are actually trying to win games against him.

But you are right. He is very young and was banged up some last year so he could improve dramatically. I hope he does. I thought he looked like a sure fire future NBA starter when he was in college.

if pierce takes a rest can porter guard 2nd unit SF's?
marion etcs?

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 08:16:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Wizards need to run the ball , push and score quick.  Pierce is limited to minutes of hard charging John Wall pushing the ball .  He ll make some huge shots ....like Ray Allen .....win a couple games in pressure situations...but he'll get left behind trying to stay with the younger guys on D.   .....his role will be limited .  I think it slows down what the a Wizards should be doing.

Don t think Wizards season hangs on Pierce . 

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 09:54:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

if pierce takes a rest can porter guard 2nd unit SF's?
marion etcs?
Porter's got good size right?  6'8 200.

Another great preseason game tonight... 19 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, 1 block 54% shooting in 35 minutes.

I'm not saying Porter is better than Pierce right now... but if time weighs down Pierce and Porter continues to excel with his opportunities, I wouldn't be surprised to see Porter earn the starting role... could be a Bradley over Ray sort of thing... perhaps Pierce will get butt-hurt and demand a trade.

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 12:08:56 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i say 9 ppg