Author Topic: Trade Idea for center and giving up bass  (Read 6143 times)

Trade Idea for center and giving up bass
« on: October 12, 2014, 05:46:29 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
3 team trade Idea

Boston gives up bass, jeff green

Boston gets: steve adams

okc gets jeff green

okc gives up steve adams jeremy lamb and collison

philly gives up:

philly gets: bass,jeremy lamb and collison

Why boston does it

steve adams is a good prospect at center. he is 21 years old and was a rookie last year.
 his stats for 14 minutes
PPG   RPG   BLKPG   PER
3.3   4.1   0.7   11.25

if you give him starter minutes of 33. that is about 3 times his normal amount. so times his stats by 3
he has 10ppg 12 rpg and 2 blocks a game. thats a double double. he gets us a rim protecter. most rookies have a stat bump. With stevens, I am sure he will have a good year too. we also get to dump bass. win win
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Trade Idea for center and giving up bass
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 06:23:06 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
3 team trade Idea

Boston gives up bass, jeff green

Boston gets: steve adams

okc gets jeff green

okc gives up steve adams jeremy lamb and collison

Why would OKC give up their cheap, young, next starting center for Green?

philly gives up:

philly gets: bass,jeremy lamb and collison

Why boston does it

steve adams is a good prospect at center. he is 21 years old and was a rookie last year.
 his stats for 14 minutes
PPG   RPG   BLKPG   PER
3.3   4.1   0.7   11.25

if you give him starter minutes of 33. that is about 3 times his normal amount. so times his stats by 3
he has 10ppg 12 rpg and 2 blocks a game. thats a double double. he gets us a rim protecter. most rookies have a stat bump. With stevens, I am sure he will have a good year too. we also get to dump bass. win win

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 06:35:11 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I like Steven Adams and think he could be a realistic target, however I think we need to give up more than Green. I would trade KO for him.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »

fitzhickey

I like Steven Adams and think he could be a realistic target, however I think we need to give up more than Green. I would trade KO for him.
Wait KO and Green for Adams? Are you serious?

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 07:37:27 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

OKC's not trading him for Green alone.  Hell, they're not trading him period, but you can't be serious if you think they'd trade Adams for Jeff Green, of all people.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 08:29:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Guys Steven Adams has been doing well this year do you really think they are going to trade a guy who is doing so well just because it is us?   Has about as much chance of happening I do becoming the man in the moon.

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 09:20:30 PM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
Guys Steven Adams has been doing well this year do you really think they are going to trade a guy who is doing so well just because it is us?   Has about as much chance of happening I do becoming the man in the moon.

Totally agree, OKC don't want Green just to cover the KD injury if they lose Adams, who is their starting center. OKC lose Adams... They have to give more minutes to Perk, and that is not ideal!

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 04:48:23 AM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
OKC would pass
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:56:56 AM by FreddieJ »

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 07:24:06 AM »

Offline Otsje P

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
So...Boston ships out 17 million in salary, and takes on the rookie contract of Adams of about 2 million ???

Does that sound like a trade that works???

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 03:56:16 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I don't even want Adams. He's a below average center at...everything. I guess he's an okay rebounder (TR% 15.6) but no better than Zeller (TR% 15.1) is and worse than Sully (TR% 16.7).

Actually I take it back. I do want Adams. Coincidentally I have him. His name is Tyler Zeller and he is better than Adams at almost everything except instigating.

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
I don't even want Adams. He's a below average center at...everything. I guess he's an okay rebounder (TR% 15.6) but no better than Zeller (TR% 15.1) is and worse than Sully (TR% 16.7).

Actually I take it back. I do want Adams. Coincidentally I have him. His name is Tyler Zeller and he is better than Adams at almost everything except instigating.

yeah well zeller played 26 minutes and adams played 14.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 04:54:48 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Bass+Anthony for Perk and a first works better for Celtics and for OKC. They could use Bass and right now Joel vs. Perk is a wash, so the pick would be worth it. And Celtics would love Perk, his expiring contract, and the roster spot for Dwight Powell/Lil' Phil.

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 06:49:18 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

OKC's not trading him for Green alone.  Hell, they're not trading him period, but you can't be serious if you think they'd trade Adams for Jeff Green, of all people.

Umm...if they had half a brain, yes.

Jeff Green is playing out of his role in Boston because he's a complementary scorer (a #2 or #3 option optimally) and we are trying to force him to be a #1 scorer.

Do you have any idea how much more deadly OKC would be with Jeff Green as their third scoring option to compliment Westbrook and KD?  He would be the absolute perfect complement for them.  He can shoot from outside AND attack the basket, gets to the line at a decent rate, is a solid free throw shooter, is a proven clutch scorer, and has a history of shutting down opposing elite SF's defensively.

Just imagine if OKC had Green defending the Lebron / Carmello / George types, allowing KD to save his energy for the offensive end of the floor? 

Alternatively they could bring Green off the bench for 30 minutes a night the same way they used to with Harden, allowing them to continue to put offensive pressure on when KD and Westbrook sit.

I can absolutely guarantee Green would help OKC a LOT more than Adam's does with his 3 points, 4 rebounds and 0.5 blocks in 12 minutes a night. 

This is also the reason why I'd never dream of trading Green for Adams.  Adams has attitude problem and at this point in time he's still a nobody.  He's mediocre.  Jeff Green is two-way player and a starting calibre swingman in this league.  I wouldn't even trade Green for Adams and a first round pick, because any OKC first rounder is going to be a borderline 2nd round pick anyway.

Oh and a PER of 11 is not actually good...it's about 25% below average.

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 06:51:16 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
Bass+Anthony for Perk and a first works better for Celtics and for OKC. They could use Bass and right now Joel vs. Perk is a wash, so the pick would be worth it. And Celtics would love Perk, his expiring contract, and the roster spot for Dwight Powell/Lil' Phil.

I read an article recently that stated Perk is actually, objectively, one of the worst players in the league right now.  Apparently his PER is bottom 4 in the league and his win share bottom 2 in the league.

Not sure how accurate this was (didn't check the numbers to see if it's true) but if those numbers are true there's no way you would trade for Perk, given the horrid size of his contract.  I think he makes Wallace's deal sound like gold!

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 06:53:38 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

yeah well zeller played 26 minutes and adams played 14.

Which means...nothing.

If the two guys produced similar on a per minute basis, then the fact that Adams played less minutes doesn't really mean much.  If anything it's worse because Zeller is closer to proving he can produce with more minutes....wheras Adam's hasn't shown that.