Author Topic: a 3 team trade that builds for future and nets a center  (Read 1381 times)

a 3 team trade that builds for future and nets a center
« on: October 12, 2014, 12:33:05 PM »

Offline Deezzyy

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oyfb9vv
maybe throw in a pick somewhere

Boston starting 5:
Knight (until smart is ready)
Mayo
Turner
Sully
Lopez

Milwaukee
Rondo
Johnson
Parker
Bass
Henson

Brooklyn
Williams
Dudley/Green
Green/Bogdonovic
Garnett
Sanders

Re: a 3 team trade that builds for future and nets a center
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 03:44:31 PM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Milwaukee and Boston say no. Milwaukee take on a great deal of expense and tear apart any chemistry they may have had in return for 7/8 seed and an early exit and Boston end up with a very poor teacher for Smart and a center who is done in about 3 years.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Very creative idea, it's actually pretty close to mutually beneficial.

Brooklyn gains a good deal more flexibility while assembling one of the most defensively imposing front courts in the league. KG could teach Larry Sanders all the tricks that could put him over the top and maybe show him how to be act like a professional.

The Bucks get the PG that Jason Kidd referred to as the best in the league in Rondo as well as a veteran running mate for Jabari in Joe Johnson. Giannis Antetokunmpo becomes the most dangerous 6'th man not name Jamal Crawford.

We finally get a balanced team with Lopez cementing himself in the starting lineup. Knight is a great stopgap untill smart is ready and Mayo is at the very least a pure shooting guard. This trade opens up future roster spots for James Young and moves Zeller and KO into true bench mob roles where they would be a nightmare for opposing 2nd units.

Not sure we'd do it. Not sure Brooklyn would do it. Not sure Milwaukee would do it. That's a win for a hypothetical trade in my book.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:03:39 PM by Soul Jax »

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 05:18:44 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Boston says no really, really fast unless there are multiple first round picks coming back.

A broken down C who never rebounds, a mistake contract SG and rental PG for Rondo Green and Bass? 

This is going backwards.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 01:15:10 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm not giving up Rondo for a guy who can't stay on the court (even though Rondo has his injury problems too). Lopez has played the equivalent of one full season over the past 3 years. I'm also genuinely afraid of bigs with chronic foot injuries. That stuff ends careers fast.

Furthermore giving up Rondo/Green/Bass puts us in to full tank mode again. If I'm moving Rondo I either want picks or young prospects. Lopez is 26 and there is no reason to think his best days aren't behind him.

Milwaukee also says no. Johnson's deal is a non-starter for basically every team in the NBA until next year. If we moved Wallace in this deal there might be some room to wiggle.

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 03:01:40 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I won't waste time trying to decide if the talent exchange is fair because Rondo will never agree to extend in Milwaukee. Unfortunately, because it appears you put some time into this, this proposal is DOA.