Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Raptors (1-1) Preseason Game #3 10/10/14  (Read 27826 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Raptors (1-1) Preseason Game #3 10/10/14
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2014, 10:03:15 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
The sky is falling!!!!!!!!
Too late

« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2014, 10:04:37 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
pressey is a poor matchup on D against lou williams.  williams too big for pressey.
Are you suggesting there is an NBA player against which Pressey is not a poor match up? Tell me more, you ve got my attention!
Btw, again outscored at the 4th quarter. Hate it!

Sully better not have sat due to being outta shape! I can't. No reason not to put him out there all that time. He needs to get serious. I don't hope it was an injury but that better be the reason.

Kelly p---ing me off by not even looking to shoot it. Defense was garbage.

Zeller can't defend either I see.

Turner's stats will fool tonight, I thought he was bordering on terrible.

Thornton needed about 10 more shots.

Marcus was ehh, okay, but not as good as I hoped.

AB precautionary sit out b/c of ankle (0.0) was lighting it up until he landed on a foot (I think).

Bass shot well but I wasn't in love with anythin else he did. (edit: passed it unlike his usual self, nice job)

Press had his moments but he's too little on d.

Who am I forgetting?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2014, 10:08:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Interesting idea by Tommy - take away the corner 3 because it's, "too easy."  He's probably right that the approach around the league to the 3 point shot would drastically change, especially from the Spurs, who practically live on that shot lol.  The percentages would definitely be altered.

« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2014, 10:09:02 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
pressey is a poor matchup on D against lou williams.  williams too big for pressey.
Are you suggesting there is an NBA player against which Pressey is not a poor match up? Tell me more, you ve got my attention!

well that was what I was kind of getting at.  he was a bad matchup with vasquez as well.  nothing against him, but at 5'10" or whatever he is, he would have to be a super def player to hold his own against those much larger players on d.  he is quick, just not good enough on D to offset the built in size issue.

« Reply #169 on: October 10, 2014, 10:10:29 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Sully better not have sat due to being outta shape! I can't. No reason not to put him out there all that time. He needs to get serious. I don't hope it was an injury but that better be the reason.

Kelly p---ing me off by not even looking to shoot it. Defense was garbage.

Zeller can't defend either I see.

Turner's stats will fool tonight, I thought he was bordering on terrible.

Thornton needed about 10 more shots.

Marcus was ehh, okay, but not as good as I hoped.

AB precautionary sit out b/c of ankle (0.0) was lighting it up until he landed on a foot (I think).

Bass shot well but I wasn't in love with anythin else he did. (edit: passed it unlike his usual self, nice job)

Press had his moments but he's too little on d.

Who am I forgetting?

man I hope the AB ankle thing isn't serious.  He was playing well tonight prior to that.  More aggressive with  some drives to the hoop as well.

« Reply #170 on: October 10, 2014, 10:11:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
It took everything Lowry had to pull this out .  He played a ton of minutes . 

I was ok with the effort .   They were more experienced playoff team ....and on their home court ....they had more veteran  players ...we were missing two of our best . Smart played a lot of minutes against three very crafty vets .

A lot of what ifs .....but overall I'm ok with the effort

« Reply #171 on: October 10, 2014, 10:13:19 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

I was ok with the effort .   They were more experienced on their home court ....they had more veteran  players ...we were missing two of our best .

Yeah Toronto was playing to win, like a regular season game.  We had good effort, good stretch coming back to take the lead.  I am liking that we seem to have decent depth this year.  Once Rondo and Green get back even more so.

« Reply #172 on: October 10, 2014, 10:18:23 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2014, 04:44:56 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

I was ok with the effort .   They were more experienced on their home court ....they had more veteran  players ...we were missing two of our best .

Yeah Toronto was playing to win, like a regular season game.  We had good effort, good stretch coming back to take the lead.  I am liking that we seem to have decent depth this year.  Once Rondo and Green get back even more so.
Yup at one point Ross was killing us with buckets at certain times wish we had Green to throw on him overall not mad at how we looked can't wait till we see real minutes and the games count. We were without our best player and it showed down the stretch nobody to create for others and sette the offense down.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2014, 07:58:58 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I feel like these two games Evan Turner played about a million times better than I have ever seen Jeff Green play

« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2014, 10:12:45 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I feel like these two games Evan Turner played about a million times better than I have ever seen Jeff Green play

They are basically complete opposites.  Turner doesn't have much athleticism, but he has excellent footwork to make up for it.  Green has excellent athleticism, which helps him be a vastly superior defender to ET, but no footwork, which is why he looks like an elite player when he has an open lane to the basket, but a horribly inconsistent player when he has to go past someone.  Footwork just happens to be more fun to watch, plus it reminds us of Pierce.  If only he had the athleticism and shooting touch of Pierce, he'd also be a perennial all-star (just like Green would be if he had the footwork of Pierce/Turner).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2014, 10:50:40 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

They are basically complete opposites.  Turner doesn't have much athleticism, but he has excellent footwork to make up for it.  Green has excellent athleticism, which helps him be a vastly superior defender to ET, but no footwork, which is why he looks like an elite player when he has an open lane to the basket, but a horribly inconsistent player when he has to go past someone.  Footwork just happens to be more fun to watch, plus it reminds us of Pierce.  If only he had the athleticism and shooting touch of Pierce, he'd also be a perennial all-star (just like Green would be if he had the footwork of Pierce/Turner).
It feels to me like Turner just does more things. More likely to get a reb. More likely to get an assist. More likely to play with infectious energy. Just better

« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2014, 01:05:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

It feels to me like Turner just does more things. More likely to get a reb. More likely to get an assist. More likely to play with infectious energy. Just better

Exactly, and more capable to create offense. At this point, with Turner, Smart, and Young all here on cheap deals, I would be good with trading Rondo and Green for prospects and picks.

« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Lowry and Derosen in ......Raps up

Lowery and Derozen out .....bam. ....Celtics storm back

They left them out .".Celtics held lead .....I knew what was going to happen , just hoped that Stevens would figur out how to stop Lowery when he would be put back in during the fourth .

So the Celtics couldn't stop Lowery at the end or anytime during the game . He was playing.....he just sliced up the defense.

He scored when he wanted .

« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2014, 04:55:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Thoughts on some of C's players this game

Smart C, he did okay. Needs to avoid the deep threes and must drive more. Got caught a few times being over aggressive on Lowry.
Pressey C, Struggled a little this game on D but on offense he did well.
Turner C+, Did some good all around play again. D was a little lacking this time around.

Bradley B+, started out pretty strong. Left early.
Thornton B, Had a shooters game but didn't have the D of past two games.

Wallace D-, Seemed to not have it at all this game.

Sully C, Struggled with the Raptors bigs and their game plan. Still manged Some ast and rebs.
Bass C+, Had the offense going but not the D.

Olynyk C, okay offense but not nearly enough of a factor. He also struggled with D.
Zeller C, Did a good job rolling to the basket drawing fouls but no D and only 2 rebs in 21 minutes.