Poll

What was your greatest disappointment during the offseason?

The players we signed?
0 (0%)
The players we did NOT sign?
5 (12.2%)
Failing to get a top-3 draft pick?
19 (46.3%)
The Love Affair?
9 (22%)
Failing to get rid of Wallace's contract?
1 (2.4%)
Other (specify in comments)
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: The all-purpose feel down and depressed topic  (Read 20804 times)

Re: The all-purpose feel down and depressed topic
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2014, 07:28:32 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Re: Rondo, of course November is one of the peculiarly crucial months of the year. The others are December, January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October.

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2014, 07:42:01 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
  • Are you worried your life expectancy is not long enough to see banner 18 high up?
  • Do you get painful flashbacks of Vitaly Potapenko when you hear the words 'Tyler Zeller'?
  • Do you talk to your children, wife and unknown people at parties about how your team gave up Pierce and KG for Gerald Wallace?
You are not alone. Do not let the optimists distract you with BS about Evan Turner being a late bloomer, M. Smart a miniature KG of monstrous determination and will-power, and KO the next D. Nowitzki.
Repeat after me: "My name is X and I am a Celtics fan"
This is a thread for you to share your sorrow and pain...

Greatest Disappoimntment? Other: Listening to the incessant whining on this forum. Danny's done about as good a job as one can expect when you blow it all up.

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2014, 07:45:22 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Are you worried your life expectancy is not long enough to see banner 18 high up?
  • Do you get painful flashbacks of Vitaly Potapenko when you hear the words 'Tyler Zeller'?
  • Do you talk to your children, wife and unknown people at parties about how your team gave up Pierce and KG for Gerald Wallace?
You are not alone. Do not let the optimists distract you with BS about Evan Turner being a late bloomer, M. Smart a miniature KG of monstrous determination and will-power, and KO the next D. Nowitzki.
Repeat after me: "My name is X and I am a Celtics fan"
This is a thread for you to share your sorrow and pain...

Greatest Disappoimntment? Other: Listening to the incessant whining on this forum. Danny's done about as good a job as one can expect when you blow it all up.
TP for your enduring and indefatigable faith in the front office of the C's. Not so sure about your sense of humour though.

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
With Durant going down, Spurs getting older, and Cleveland and Chicago taking some time to gel, the Clippers seem poised to have the best record in the NBA this year. Looks like pick #30 for us.

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2014, 08:44:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
My head is not in the Clouds, so I put other.   The odds of pulling off a big trade were small with our assets.  The odds of us winning the lottery was low.   Rebuilding is a process.

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2014, 12:13:28 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I left the forum once I knew Love wasn't coming here.

Now I'm back and basically being a troll/venting on various topics.There really is no hope imo

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2014, 01:13:59 AM »

fitzhickey

Now I'm back and basically being a troll/venting on various topics.There really is no hope imo
Admitting to being a troll isn't going to win you many fans

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2014, 01:17:23 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

So you admit to being a troll and you're willing to vent and state hyperbolic nonsense. That's low, the Celtics didn't get Love. Get over it, and focus on the young players they have now.

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2014, 02:16:16 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think it's clear the team is crap right now and will be that way for a while.  Very little immediate hope to turn it around.  We're back to being an irrelevant franchise.  Rondo has minimal trade value and will likely dump us for the Knicks in 9 months.  This is one of the worst Celtic teams ever assembled.

That said, I don't mind what Danny is doing here.  Collecting assets with hope of making a big play for a star eventually.  Sully/Oly are developing into starter talent.  Smart might be a star some day.  Danny is having patience.  We have lots of draft picks.  We'll ride out the LeBron years.  With luck, in a decade we will make the playoffs.  I do find myself somewhat bored by the current lackluster state of this dump team... even the 3 kids with some future might be nothing more than trade fodder in a larger deal.   It's hard to get too attached when you know everyone is for sale.  But it will be interesting to watch them develop. 

I have a feeling the next two season are going to suck hard.  This year will be another bleh tank season.  Wouldn't be shocked to see Rondo leave... perhaps Green will opt out and leave as well, but we will not do anything with our cap space.   Then another horrible season.   But then Summer 2016... that'll be interesting.  Especially if Brooklyn is bad.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:24:40 AM by LarBrd33 »

Re: Share your thoughts
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2014, 08:59:24 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hmm...Don't see it this way at all.
Elaborate please.

I thought you were kidding. I'm not positive but I think there may have been a compensatory future draft pick or 3?

I mean, this is all that is needed to be elaborated.

Isn't there enough negativity on the board already? We really need a "depression" thread?

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2014, 09:34:58 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I think it's clear the team is crap right now and will be that way for a while.  Very little immediate hope to turn it around.  We're back to being an irrelevant franchise.  Rondo has minimal trade value and will likely dump us for the Knicks in 9 months.  This is one of the worst Celtic teams ever assembled.

That said, I don't mind what Danny is doing here.  Collecting assets with hope of making a big play for a star eventually.  Sully/Oly are developing into starter talent.  Smart might be a star some day.  Danny is having patience.  We have lots of draft picks.  We'll ride out the LeBron years.  With luck, in a decade we will make the playoffs.  I do find myself somewhat bored by the current lackluster state of this dump team... even the 3 kids with some future might be nothing more than trade fodder in a larger deal.   It's hard to get too attached when you know everyone is for sale.  But it will be interesting to watch them develop. 

I have a feeling the next two season are going to suck hard.  This year will be another bleh tank season.  Wouldn't be shocked to see Rondo leave... perhaps Green will opt out and leave as well, but we will not do anything with our cap space.   Then another horrible season.   But then Summer 2016... that'll be interesting.  Especially if Brooklyn is bad.

Wow - how depressing. fantastic job.

I think the C's may indeed suck this season offensively, but I'm not convinced that they'll suck defensively. The team athleticism has improved dramatically and I've got faith in the new coaching staff (year 2).

I guess the real depressing part is that I'm so excited for this year's team that I'm planning to get NBA League pass to watch more games. That may prove to be a depressing thing. I opted to 'look away' much of last year to let the losing happen without being fully invested. I'm invested for this year so there could be deep depression ahead. For now, I'll remain optimistic. Go C's.

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2014, 03:12:54 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

That said, I don't mind what Danny is doing here.  Collecting assets with hope of making a big play for a star eventually.  Sully/Oly are developing into starter talent.  Smart might be a star some day.  Danny is having patience.  We have lots of draft picks.  We'll ride out the LeBron years.  With luck, in a decade we will make the playoffs.  I do find myself somewhat bored by the current lackluster state of this dump team... even the 3 kids with some future might be nothing more than trade fodder in a larger deal.   It's hard to get too attached when you know everyone is for sale. But it will be interesting to watch them develop. 

I might be getting dangerously optimistic here, but I feel that they are seriously committed to keeping at least some of the young players (Sullynyk, Smart, Young)- I think we are trying to follow the path SAS has created. There are certain advantages in having the same group of players playing together for a long time under the same coach. What we really lack is a player with true All-Star potential, a new Tim Duncan, but with three first round draft picks in the next year there is some room for hope.

The Rondo dilemma: a lose-lose situation
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2014, 10:52:37 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Rondo returns in the opening night: he will get injured even more seriously, stay out for God knows how long, and we will suck the whole regular season.
Rondo does not return in the opening night: he misses our first (very difficult) games, as a result we lose all of them, when he returns he will be out of form just like last year and no one will make a serious trade offer for him.
Feeling depressed already?  8)

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2014, 11:22:10 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Since the KG trade, Danny Ainge's track record has been about as good that of a one-legged man participating in ass kicking contests.

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2014, 11:30:47 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Since the KG trade, Danny Ainge's track record has been about as good that of a one-legged man participating in ass kicking contests.
Oh man that was a killer...
-Fab Melo- a first round pick now playing for Paulistano in Brazil.
-KO is a solid player, but choosing him over Giannis (especially after being the only NBA GM who came all the way to Greece to watch him)...
-Perkins. 'nuff said.
Sure, Danny had his moments, choosing Stevens was one of them, but overall it's been pretty depressing.
What's wrong with you Danny?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pTPHJ7_ZqU