Author Topic: Have you ever spent way too much money for something that you had to have?  (Read 7184 times)

Re: Have you ever spent way too much money for something that you had to have?
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 05:03:53 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Jordans , Jordans, an more Jordans!!!! Can anyone guess what Michael Jordan has done for me????????????????????? Anyone. Starts with a capital "N"

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2014, 05:14:54 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
toilet paper
milk

that stuff's expensive these days.

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 05:31:34 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Jordans , Jordans, an more Jordans!!!! Can anyone guess what Michael Jordan has done for me????????????????????? Anyone. Starts with a capital "N"

Yeah, the folks at Diesel jeans haven't done anything for me either ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2014, 05:46:39 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
1953 Seeburg Jukebox

I sold it when I closed my record store.  It was a beauty.

Great jukebox!   I have a jukebox (circa 1972) -- more of a standard fare jukebox, nothing too fancy.   Bought it for my own use in the early 80's for $400 -- I have a 45s collection and wanted to be able to play them.   It's been sitting in my basement gathering dust since I got married 25 years ago.  Weighs a ton.  Not sure what to do with it or how much it's worth.  I am guessing it's not worth any more than I originally paid --  nowhere near as classic a look as yours. 

Re: Hobbs card -- is it just me, or is the Michael Jordan aging process amazing compared to Bird and Magic.  Jordan looks almost the same.  Bird and Magic have aged significantly.   

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 05:52:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
1953 Seeburg Jukebox

I sold it when I closed my record store.  It was a beauty.

Great jukebox!   I have a jukebox (circa 1972) -- more of a standard fare jukebox, nothing too fancy.   Bought it for my own use in the early 80's for $400 -- I have a 45s collection and wanted to be able to play them.   It's been sitting in my basement gathering dust since I got married 25 years ago.  Weighs a ton.  Not sure what to do with it or how much it's worth.  I am guessing it's not worth any more than I originally paid --  nowhere near as classic a look as yours. 

I used to own a record store.  I got a call one day from a guy telling me he had a ton of records.  I went to go have a look at the records at his shop.  He refurbished and sold jukeboxes, pinball games and video games.  Some amazing stuff.  Once I saw the Seeburg I couldn't get it out of my head.  I resold it several years later to a friend of my brother's for exactly what I paid for it!  It is now in a very cool converted basement with a full bar and a pool table.  Kind of jealous that I didn't have a place to keep it.  The sound on that thing was awesome. 

You should dust yours off and get it working!
Yup