Author Topic: Trade idea to make Boston a contender again  (Read 4491 times)

Re: Trade idea to make Boston a contender again
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 07:59:17 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
your hearts in the right place shut gate....but...

*sippin*

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 08:01:08 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm not sure what the fact that a Bleacher Report slide show has an injured Paul George ranked as the 18th best player for this season has to do with anything, but there's that, I guess.

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
George is a top 10 player on a newly signed 5 year max deal. Has that kind of asset ever even been traded before? I can't think of a time.

Bleacher Report projected the top 20 players for the coming season.  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2138015-re-ranking-the-nbas-top-20-players-mid-2014-offseason-edition

They have George at 18.

I'm sure Bleacher Report has him at 18. Espn has him at 10 in PER which has at least some statisical backing as opposed to whatever Adam Fromal thinks. Whatever you think about PER it certainly does show you which players impact the game the most from a statistic standpoint. The crazy part is that one of George's best traits (his length and defense) aren't well quantified in PER (steals I guess). That could actually push him higher than players like Curry, Love, Harden or Nowitski as he plays and elite level of defense in addition to excelling offensively.

I'm not sure why you have such a chubby for Pacers players in your trade proposals but maybe you should take a cold shower and rethink them.

I've made 1 post involving the Pacers on CelticsBlog. In the other thread I was just defending George as an all-NBA player, NBA All star and all NBA defensive player...each of which he's achieved twice in his short 4-year career.

For last season, Hollinger had George with the 4th best PER among small forwards.  George had the 26th best PER overall.  The PER rankings last season for last season at basketball-reference.com also don't have George in the top 20.  You are horrifically overrating Paul George and I'm not going to work that hard at arguing with you like I wouldn't with someone who thinks black is white or up is down.  Indy would certainly listen to your proposal because it is at least twice what anyone else would even dream of offering.

And when I combine your bizarrely excessive offer for George with you snotty incredulousness at my thinking that trading for 34-year-old David West and headcase Roy Hibbert is not THE BESTEST IDEA IN THE HISTORY OF EVAH...yeah, I think you've got a weird affection for Indiana's roster.

Mike

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 08:11:18 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
No way. Way too much for a player not named James, Durant, or Davis.

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 09:00:53 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
This is obviously has to have a few thing go Boston's way but, I believe if next season Indiana lose Hibbert, they may be primed to lose George. With no one around him he could want out and after resigning Rondo we could be one of a few teams to have a shot at trading for him.

Indiana get: Smart, Green, Sullinger or Olynyk, 16,17,18 Brooklyn pick and our most likely 15 lottery pick

Boston Get: George

Indiana will have a great foundation to build on, especially with the new rules on the lottery weightings and Boston will have a second star to pair with Rondo.

Secondly and again things have to go our way but if Clippers struggle and we can outbid them Deandre Jordan would be the perfect anchor for our defence and with Jordan we could have possibly 4 All NBA defensive players and the best defence in the league. But to have the cap room for Jordan we would have to trade Wallace using all Cleveland's and Clippers picks.

Starting 5:
Jordan
Olynyk or Sullinger
George
Bradley
Rondo

6th man: Young

Hard i know but I'd love some feedback!

Honestly, I don't think either team goes for this.

For Indiana George is the face of their franchise, they would have a lot of disgruntled fans if they pulled something like this.

For Boston I honestly think that's too much to give up for George.  You woul end up with George, Rondo (neither of whom are great shooters) and then the rest of the team would basically be empty roster spots or inexperienced nobodys...and can't build through the draft because you'd be throwing all the picks away.