Author Topic: Pickup Pierre Jackson  (Read 1861 times)

Pickup Pierre Jackson
« on: October 03, 2014, 04:27:11 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I know he has that injury and we would have to wait for him to rehab and get back into shape. But he could be a good piece to have and a quality backup pg.

He is on waivers now.

Re: Pickup Pierre Jackson
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 06:53:10 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I know he has that injury and we would have to wait for him to rehab and get back into shape. But he could be a good piece to have and a quality backup pg.

He is on waivers now.
We all might be more interested if you could tell something about Jackson. Like what makes him worth adding to the roster. Thanks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 08:37:49 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
We all might be more interested if you could tell something about Jackson. Like what makes him worth adding to the roster. Thanks.

I'd be happy to!

First of all he's young, just turned 23. He was a standout at Baylor leading the team in points and assists both of his seasons there as well as 1st (2011-12) and 2nd (2012-13) in steals. He was drafted in the 2nd round and after missing out on a roster he ended up in the d-league.

His D-league stats were fairly impressive. Per-36 he produced 26/5/3 as well as almost 1.5 steals per game. He ruptured his achilles in summer league play and was waived by Philadelphia a few days ago.

I actually don't think he's worth signing. First of all, we're pretty deep at PG. Jackson might be an upgrade over Pressey but there is value in Pressey as he knows our system, has played with the team for a year and, maybe most importantly, isn't injured. While Rondo is out we have 3 guys who can play point in Smart, Pressey and Turner. From what I here Rondo might not miss much time either.

If anything we need to look at bigs to fill in when we inevitably trade Bass and Anthony as expirings or when we cut Vitor. If Bass, Anthony, Vitor or Wallace take meaningful minutes from developing our guys this season I'll be displeased. Bass and Wallace were 2nd and 5th respectively in minutes played last season. Hump was 7th. Here's hoping Bass's minutes go to KO and Wallace's minutes go to Turner/Young.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 10:11:47 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

I'd be happy to!

First of all he's young, just turned 23. He was a standout at Baylor leading the team in points and assists both of his seasons there as well as 1st (2011-12) and 2nd (2012-13) in steals. He was drafted in the 2nd round and after missing out on a roster he ended up in the d-league.

His D-league stats were fairly impressive. Per-36 he produced 26/5/3 as well as almost 1.5 steals per game. He ruptured his achilles in summer league play and was waived by Philadelphia a few days ago.

I actually don't think he's worth signing. First of all, we're pretty deep at PG. Jackson might be an upgrade over Pressey but there is value in Pressey as he knows our system, has played with the team for a year and, maybe most importantly, isn't injured. While Rondo is out we have 3 guys who can play point in Smart, Pressey and Turner. From what I here Rondo might not miss much time either.

If anything we need to look at bigs to fill in when we inevitably trade Bass and Anthony as expirings or when we cut Vitor. If Bass, Anthony, Vitor or Wallace take meaningful minutes from developing our guys this season I'll be displeased. Bass and Wallace were 2nd and 5th respectively in minutes played last season. Hump was 7th. Here's hoping Bass's minutes go to KO and Wallace's minutes go to Turner/Young.
Nicely said. I do think that PJ would be a good pickup because of the inevitability of a trade....IMO

Pressey is good but not like PJ (though PJ is now injured)

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 10:18:37 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Pierre Jackson should 100% be picked up by the C's. Ideal counter-punch to Rondo, effective counter-punch to Smart. The difference between cavalry and infantry if you catch my drift.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 11:03:32 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
What's the point of wasting a roster spot on a guy who likely won't play this entire season?  There's already a crunch as it is for the final roster.

Plus, judging by his recent tweets, it looks like he's got some sort of handshake agreement to return to Philly (who did a good faith measure of signing him to a guaranteed contract after his injury before waiving him for training camp).

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 08:22:20 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
What's the point of wasting a roster spot on a guy who likely won't play this entire season?  There's already a crunch as it is for the final roster.

Plus, judging by his recent tweets, it looks like he's got some sort of handshake agreement to return to Philly (who did a good faith measure of signing him to a guaranteed contract after his injury before waiving him for training camp).

Nailed it. Signing him and giving him 400k guaranteed after his Achilles injury and then waiving him before the year starts is a sign to him and his agent, "Do me a favor later, and be back next year."