Author Topic: Erick Murphy: Another KO?  (Read 4971 times)

Re: Erick Murphy: Another KO?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Smart
Pressey
Young
Wallace
Green
Thornton
Turner
Ab
Ko
Sully
Fav
Anthony
Bass
Powell
Rondo

These are the 15 likely to make the team i imagine

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 03:54:30 PM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
He's actually from southern RI. He went to Florida State, hig younger brother went to Duke (and transferred somewhere recently) to play basketball, and his youngest brother, Tomas, is a 6'9 sophomore in high school. (Brookelynn picks, anyone?) Their dad was chosen 31st overall in the 1984 NBA draft after leading BC to two Sweet Sixteens and one Elite Eight. Their mom played for the Finnish national team. Erick was always a little troubled, but he seems to have cleaned up his act. Kind of the stereotypical "white kid good shooter but lacking athleticism" type of thing. He was a bit of a jack-of-all-trades at FSU, but his best skill is his shooting. At this point, having not seen him regularly since he played in college, I'd say poor man's KO. His court vision and passing can't be close to Kelly, but he could be a good floor-spacer, and we could always use one of those.

Although from RI, Erik prepped at St. Marks School in Soutborough, MA leading them to 3 NEPSAC titles, I know because I was on the coaching staff.  He went to Florida, not Florida St., and his brother Alex (also a St. Marks alum) transferred from Duke to Florida, joining the Gators for the 2nd semester this year.

Even in high school he could always shoot with range, but really honed that skill in his time at Florida.  He is an excellent rim runner but limited athletically.  With the numbers game on the Celtics roster, he has virtually no chance at making the team.  Especially with his Finnish roots and international connections, I could see a lucrative overseas career.  Obviously his dream is to play in the NBA, but I'm not sure he could be much more than an end of roster NBA player until and unless he gets better in more areas of the game.

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 09:31:53 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
You forgot Zeller. This makes Powell the 16th man....

Smart
Pressey
Young
Wallace
Green
Thornton
Turner
Ab
Ko
Sully
Fav
Anthony
Bass
Powell
Rondo

These are the 15 likely to make the team i imagine

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 10:38:12 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Fav could get on the injured list given his knee and also, could be sent packing if Powell is the real deal.   Swelling on the knee is never good.

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 11:50:05 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think Fav could get on the injured list given his knee and also, could be sent packing if Powell is the real deal.   Swelling on the knee is never good.

That's not going to Erick Murphy any good.