Author Topic: if any of this 3 bigs are available for trade, shall we go for it?  (Read 2710 times)

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
Alex Len 7' 1", 255 lbs
2.0 PPG
2.4 RPG
0.4 BLKPG
PER 7.32

Jeff Withey 7' 0", 222 lbs
3.3 PPG
2.6 RPG
0.9 BLKPG
15.25 PER

Lucas Nogueira 7' 0", 215 lbs

i'm not sure but maybe if we offer something, one of those teams might bite and take the offer
are you willing to give sully or kelly or faverani or someone just to get one of them?
zeller and ko or zeller and someone

Re: if any of this 3 bigs are available for trade, shall we go for it?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 05:59:31 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I am willing to give up Fav for any of those, Oly - for Len, and Sully for none of those.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:53:55 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I can't decide what Danny is going to do......but I m beginning to,think he is just isn't trying to build to win now at all.........he is laying back letting assets come his way...not forcing the issue..why ? .....because LeBron and his flying circus controls the favorite in the east .   

LeBrons talent level just upsets the Apple cart .

Cavs were  awful and basement dweller with little or no hope...then bang first pick , LeBron steps on the team and they are instant contender ....so ....spending assets to overcome his talent is kinda waste of energy .  Eventually a really young good center will be taken by the Celtics ....Danny is waiting on the draft to strike center gold and LeBron s era play out.

Some how I just don't think C's will make noise again till Wallace is history , and LeBrons reign. Ends .
Or he gives up in the east and moves out to LA to finish his career.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 10:47:31 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Shaq I completely agree, except I got blasted on here when I suggested not going win now (different from taking).

We have all these draft picks through 2018 with the best ones likely in 2015 and 2016 so why try getting better now? It would be a waste of those picks and mid 1st rounders are a huge drop off in value from top 10 picks.

The East may be even more competitive come 2016/2017 but at least we will have the pieces to compete, not be the Celtics of 2011-12, 12-13.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 10:48:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
None of those bigs are guys you knock yourself over to get.  I rather take a chance on some picks than guys with a low finite celing.

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 12:00:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
None of those bigs are guys you knock yourself over to get.  I rather take a chance on some picks than guys with a low finite celing.
completely agree.  the only one I'd consider under the proposed trade scenarios is Fav for Len.  I wouldn't trade anyone that's shown anything for either of the other 2.

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 12:24:14 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I am willing to give up Fav for any of those, Oly - for Len, and Sully for none of those.

This ^

If it's a big, I want a big that is 6'11 or 7" that is well over 240 lb. I feel centers that are lanky gets abused easily by other centers.

out of the 3 listed by the OP, I much rather have Len

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 12:43:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

This ^

If it's a big, I want a big that is 6'11 or 7" that is well over 240 lb. I feel centers that are lanky gets abused easily by other centers.

I think I agree with you two.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 03:28:05 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23

This ^

Well on the upside, our own 7 footer Tyler Zeller was 240 lbs and added 20 lbs. He isn't afraid to be physical, but couldn't quite handle bigger stronger dudes last year. He should be better at that this year.

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 03:38:36 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
No,  those guys are all nobody's who are essentially no better then Zeller.   Backup role players at best

If we're going to trade to a center it should be for a good one - a legit starter.  I'd not there's no point,  may as well keep what we have.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 07:52:54 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Reading some of the stuff on the Phoenix SB Nation Blog, it seems thy are keen on him to get good minutes in their rotation.
Banner 18 please 😍