Author Topic: Cavs trying to acquire Roy Hibbert?  (Read 8429 times)

Re: Cavs trying to acquire Roy Hibbert?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 08:42:11 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
If Cleveland does trade Waiters, they don't exactly have anyone that can play SG on the team (and Indiana can basically only send a guy like CJ Watson who is not a SG), so they would have to make another move using the T.P.E. to acquire a SG.

So Bogans was the missing link. Interesting.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 08:51:12 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
My guess would be nothing probably happens before the season but look for the Cavs to try to acquire a center before the deadline.

Also, the Cavs owe the Celtics one for helping them clear the necessary cap space to sign Lebron.

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 10:30:53 AM »

Offline Diehard2001

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
they cant afford him unless they trade off a player with 10+ mil contract i dont think. I havent seen the salary cap spread yet

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 10:40:58 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
My guess would be nothing probably happens before the season but look for the Cavs to try to acquire a center before the deadline.

Also, the Cavs owe the Celtics one for helping them clear the necessary cap space to sign Lebron.

They already gave the Celtics draft picks and Tyler Zeller.

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2014, 11:04:24 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
they cant afford him unless they trade off a player with 10+ mil contract i dont think. I havent seen the salary cap spread yet

If they package Varejo and Thompson or Varejo and Waiters together they could make it happen.

Also by my calculations and ESPN's trade machine (two sources I wouldn't consider reliable) they could package Thompson, Waiters, Haywood and a minimum contract to the Pacers for Hibbert. It would be great haul for the Pacers (especially with Haywood's contract) and give the Cavs the legit center they are looking for while also keeping Varejo.

Irving/Delladova
Miller/Harris
James/Jones
Love/Marion/Admundson
Hibbert/Varejo

Now you are talking...
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2014, 07:53:07 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
If the Cavs get Hibbert, then yes, they are the favourite. They both improve a lot their defence and acquire an elite Center.
But I do not see Bird making this trade. He prefers to stick with the players he has, and I cannot see what the Cavs can offer to lure the Pacers into the deal. Varejao? (ROLF)
If they give Waiters and Thompson their depth at the 3 and 4 is gone.
PS I had to edit this, as I originally wrote Ainge instead of Bird. Celtics always on my mind...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:34:30 AM by greece666 »

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2014, 09:21:14 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Whoopdedoo

Joking (well, sorta.)

What I mean is, the Celts played a pretty instrumental role in helping the Cavs clear the necessary cap space to get Lebron by agreeing to that 3 way with Brooklyn.

Cleveland being able to send Jarrett Jack to Brooklyn was a huge obstacle that was overcome, but that deal doesn't happen unless the Celts help facilitate it.

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2014, 09:43:30 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Whoopdedoo

Joking (well, sorta.)

What I mean is, the Celts played a pretty instrumental role in helping the Cavs clear the necessary cap space to get Lebron by agreeing to that 3 way with Brooklyn.

Cleveland being able to send Jarrett Jack to Brooklyn was a huge obstacle that was overcome, but that deal doesn't happen unless the Celts help facilitate it.

For the love of everything, there were how many teams taking on salary for draft picks?  Lakers did, Philly was willing to, Utah did last year and had the room to do so again, Orlando is still under the salary floor and was seemingly willing to, and I'm sure there were others.  The Celtics were willing to take the least to facilitate the trade, which is why Zeller, Thornton, and a pick came here, but I assure you someone else would have stepped up to the plate.

Presumably the Celtics were willing to take less because they find Thornton more useful than teams like the Sixers and Orlando would, as while C's fans expectations are reasonably low, Ainge/Stevens aren't completely punting on the season.

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2014, 10:38:22 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
hibbert is a flawed player, but indiana should be able to get more for him than waiters and thompson. hibbert's value right now is at an all-time low, and so i wonder what is really going on behind the scenes with that team, if they are indeed willing to trade him.

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2014, 10:47:19 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
hibbert is a flawed player, but indiana should be able to get more for him than waiters and thompson. hibbert's value right now is at an all-time low, and so i wonder what is really going on behind the scenes with that team, if they are indeed willing to trade him.

I think they are looking to move him.

I bet Bird is hoping he has a good start to the season so he can increase his trade value.

By February, I think both him and David West get dealt.

Indiana isn't going anywhere this year, anyway.