Author Topic: The truth is their is no point for Rondo on this team anymore  (Read 11477 times)

The truth is their is no point for Rondo on this team anymore
« on: September 28, 2014, 11:35:05 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
It's the truth. It is kind of sad. Somewhat unfair since he has earned a least to be a leader of a team.

The fact of the matter is he needs to be on a team like the big 3. Do Celtic fans want success for Rondo, yes on this team obviously, but the truth is it is a waste of time for HIM.

The guy one a ring already. Played with the best shooter of all time. One of if not the best PF of all time. One of the greatest Celtics and players of all time. 3 HOF's.

Why is here wasting his time.

The Celtics have scrubs and role players now. No star has come yet, none have shown any interest.

He is now in the Paul Pierce "get me players or I want out" phase. Although the pieces right now are non existent.

AB will always be a player who will never be starting on a good team. So he can start here for as long as he wants and can, as long as the team is trash like it is at the moment.

Sullinger to Green eyes fans can be good, but the reality is he is a role player at best on a decent team.

No opinion on Smart

Zeller? Let's be real.

The quicker Rondo is out the quicker the rest of the Celtics fans who go to bat for him can start the recovery process.

Re: The truth is their is no point for Rondo on this team anymore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 01:36:43 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
It depends on what Rondo wants. If he wants to super-friend it up then he can go play in NY with Melo next season, and he might. If he wants to live in a really nice area he can go play in LA with the corpse of Kobe Bryant. But if he wants to be a Celtic, and if he wants to lead a team, then I really can't think of a better place for him than here.

I have a suspicion that we'll max Rondo out. As you said Rondo has a ring already so he's not at risk of never getting one. He has said many times he doesn't like change. If I were Danny I'd offer Rondo two options. First, if Rondo wants to stay in Boston I'd offer him the max deal, no question. I would also offer him the option of taking ~$15M/yr and a no-trade clause. Call me crazy but I think he might be interested in giving up some money to not hear that trade chatter.

But if some one offers us an appealing package for Rondo I'd bet we'll take it.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 06:03:09 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Rondo to me is on the team so we can entice players to come here.  He makes other players look better period.  Stevens was given a long contract, rondo resigns here unless his agent makes crazy contract demands it shows ainge and celtics are all in.  We have expiring contracts (bass, wallace) players and draft picks.  We can go after a lot of good players in the coming year.
ps-i can't see ainge doing a no trade clause

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 08:03:21 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't agree with the premise of this thread.

I really don't see any reason to believe that Rondo is NOT needed on this team.

If anything, better players need to be on the team to help compliment Rondo.

The only way I deal Rondo is if we can get another point guard who's a more reliable shooter.

Until then, I'd like to see Rondo in green for a long time.

At the very least, I'd like to see Rondo surrounded with better talent before making a judgement.

Give Rondo a legit big like Gasol or Jordan or Jefferson, and watch how much better the team can become.

PS...I don't see Phil Jackson being interested in Rondo.  Rondo doesn't fit with his style of offense.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 08:44:23 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
It's the truth.
it's your opinion.  big difference. 

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 08:59:02 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
i'd love to keep Rondo. I'd also love to see Rondo healthy, ready to play, playing well. i'd also liked to have seen us put some players around him this summer.

unfortunately, none of this happened or apparently is going to. i'd be a little more patient with this direction we're going(trying to be an 8th seed) if Rondo was a Pierce type player but he's just not. he doesn't have the character of Pierce. and after all these injuries? a suspect offensive game? who knows if he'll be able to play D the way he used to? I just think it's time to move on.

I think eventually we'll hear rumors of the offers for Rondo that Danny received over the summer. And i'm almost willing to bet Danny's regretting not jumping on at least one of these deals.

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 09:04:55 AM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
It's the truth.

I did not say I dont want him on the team.

The truth is Rondo is a champion, a winner, I also doubt heavily he wants to be on a team like this.

He knows every night that he is

A) Not going to the playoffs, or at best eliminated immediately

B)  Not winning many games

C) No excitement , no big game, no nation wide coverage, we all know he loves the spotlight

No way in hell Rondo is excited about the situation.

I doubt he wants to be here, but no way he will come out and say it, in fact NOBODY WILL DO THAT unless they really hate management, not necessarily hate the situation they are in , which I think Rondo does.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 09:06:59 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
It's the truth. It is kind of sad. Somewhat unfair since he has earned a least to be a leader of a team.

The fact of the matter is he needs to be on a team like the big 3. Do Celtic fans want success for Rondo, yes on this team obviously, but the truth is it is a waste of time for HIM.

The guy one a ring already. Played with the best shooter of all time. One of if not the best PF of all time. One of the greatest Celtics and players of all time. 3 HOF's.

The Celtics have scrubs and role players now. No star has come yet, none have shown any interest.

He is now in the Paul Pierce "get me players or I want out" phase. Although the pieces right now are non existent.

AB will always be a player who will never be starting on a good team. So he can start here for as long as he wants and can, as long as the team is trash like it is at the moment.

Sullinger to Green eyes fans can be good, but the reality is he is a role player at best on a decent team.

No opinion on Smart

Zeller? Let's be real.

The quicker Rondo is out the quicker the rest of the Celtics fans who go to bat for him can start the recovery process.

In that case Melo doesnt belong on the knicks and its "the truth"...  Your logic says "if you one a chip before with greats,  dont play on a rebuilding team you deserve to join forces with other stars for chips" Not everyone wants take the Lebron way of doing things. Rondo time here is still very beneficial and relevant and the Celtics fan club will gain the up most respect for staying loyal to the C's. Rond not fitting here is definetely just your opinion. Thank god your not in the front office!

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 09:08:51 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I don't agree with the premise of this thread.

I really don't see any reason to believe that Rondo is NOT needed on this team.

If anything, better players need to be on the team to help compliment Rondo.

The only way I deal Rondo is if we can get another point guard who's a more reliable shooter.

Until then, I'd like to see Rondo in green for a long time.

At the very least, I'd like to see Rondo surrounded with better talent before making a judgement.

Give Rondo a legit big like Gasol or Jordan or Jefferson, and watch how much better the team can become.

PS...I don't see Phil Jackson being interested in Rondo.  Rondo doesn't fit with his style of offense.

Seems to me the OP is arguing Rondo doesn't need this team--not that this team doesn't need Rondo.

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 09:09:12 AM »

• Jayson Tatum
It's the truth.

The truth is Rondo is a champion, a winner, I also doubt heavily he wants to be on a team like this.

C) No excitement , no big game, no nation wide coverage, we all know he loves the spotlight

I doubt he wants to be here, but no way he will come out and say it, in fact NOBODY WILL DO THAT unless they really hate management, not necessarily hate the situation they are in , which I think Rondo does.

A lot of your reasoning has to be based on what you read online and on ESPN.  You do not no truly if Rondo is feeling anyway about the rebuild. Its pure Speculation.

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 09:10:45 AM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton

No opinion on Smart

Zeller? Let's be real.

In that case Melo doesnt belong on the knicks and its "the truth"...  Your logic says "if you one a chip before with greats,  dont play on a rebuilding team you deserve to join forces with other stars for chips" Not everyone wants take the Lebron way of doing things. Rondo time here is still very beneficial and relevant and the Celtics fan club will gain the up most respect for staying loyal to the C's. Rond not fitting here is definetely just your opinion. Thank god your not in the front office!

Your taking this to heart.

Explain to me what Pierce wanted in 06-07?

I will wait.

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 09:12:29 AM »

• Jayson Tatum

No opinion on Smart

Zeller? Let's be real.

I will wait.

Is Rondo Paul Pierce?? I will wait.....

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 09:14:32 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Wonder what Jackie MacMullen thinks?

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 09:15:39 AM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
It's the truth.

A lot of your reasoning has to be based on what you read online and on ESPN.  You do not no truly if Rondo is feeling anyway about the rebuild. Its pure Speculation.

My reasoning is based on prior situations with great players.

My reasoning has nothing to do with ESPN and what they say about Rondo.

It is about facts and putting it all together.

For all I know you could be right.

Rondo at 28 years old (not saying he is old) with a team full of scrubs and role players, a rookie head coach, no other players around him that can take him anywhere even close to playoff basketball and winning, a rebuild phase to which in reality who knows if they will land a star.

If you can think any otherwise that this just is not the best situation for HIM , then I guess you can do that. I just do not see it.

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 09:20:15 AM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton

No opinion on Smart

Zeller? Let's be real.

I will wait.

Is Rondo Paul Pierce?? I will wait.....

Ok he is not, but what they do have in common is they are leaders, winners, they want to win, they became either accustomed to already winning, or the pressure to win, and at some point they are either going to want to win or they will leave to somewhere where they can do that.

I think Rondo is at that point.

And it is simple to come to that conclusion.

Obviously I could be wrong. Although it is a common thing in sports and great players. They reach a point where they need to know they have a chance to play playoff winning basketball.

Pierce knew that in 06-07 the options were limited, no question about it he was going to force himself out. Not because he was not loyal, but because he wanted to win , he needed to win in order to prove himself and prove to others.

I truly believe Rondo is either close or already at that breaking point.

I doubt Rondo wants to play with Sully or Bradley as his go to scorers.