Author Topic: The truth is their is no point for Rondo on this team anymore  (Read 11469 times)

Re: The truth is their is no point for Rondo on this team anymore
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2014, 12:47:11 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
AB will always be a player who will never be starting on a good team. So he can start here for as long as he wants and can, as long as the team is trash like it is at the moment.

I still don't understand how people get this idea in their heads, because it just makes no rational sense to me.

How many championships did the Lakers win with Derek Fisher as their starting PG?

How many championships did the Spurs win with Bruce Bowen as their starting SF?

How many championships did Miami win with Shane Battier as their starting SF/PF?

How many championships did Chicago with guys like Luke Longley, Bill Wennington and Will Purdue as starting centers?

Do people around here really and truly believe that Avery Bradley is more skilled and talented then any one of those guys?  Was Perkins any more skilled/talented then Bradley when we won the title in 2008?

People here have this unrealistic expectation that if you want to win a championship, every single player on your starting lineup needs to be a start or a borderline star...that's not how it works.

actually that is my point lol......if AB was to become Derek Fisher , he would ultimately be a 8 per game scorer on 40% shooting

but even he cannot do that, because HE IS NOT A POINT GUARD. Fisher is. As attrocious and hideous as Fisher's numbers look.

AB cannot do what he does on other teams AS A STARTER, he is worth this much only because everyone around him is barely or not better than he is.

As a starter, he was an all nba defender one year and managed to improve his offensive game in the next. He is only 23 and should get better.

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2014, 12:52:18 PM »

Offline brandonmm94

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I know, he is still so young. He is only 1 year older than Michael Carter-Williams. His biggest problem is staying healthy, if he could do that i would say he could be a high end role player on a good team, especially when he improves efficiency. Id like to see more focus on defense and less but more efficient scoring.

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2014, 12:56:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
What am I thinking about then? I just remember Bradley had a monster block on wade in a playoff game and really made a difference defensively.

That block was in April of 2012, but not during the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ1xz-7OVh4
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2014, 01:00:54 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
What am I thinking about then? I just remember Bradley had a monster block on wade in a playoff game and really made a difference defensively.

Regular season game.

The 2012 team was definitely a contender with Bradley, so while it's true that he didn't play against the Heat in the ecf it's clearly the case that he can be a starter on a good team.

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2014, 01:03:09 PM »

Offline brandonmm94

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I remember it now haha thank you for finding that. Man would he have made a difference in that series though....

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Regular season game.

The 2012 team was definitely a contender with Bradley, so while it's true that he didn't play against the Heat in the ecf it's clearly the case that he can be a starter on a good team.
And somewhat hilariously that block resulted in a made three by Battier that game because he was standing right behind wade and go the ball after Wade's shot got stuffed and made a quick three from the corner.

Bradley definitely would have been huge that Heat series. They couldn't deal with Rondo's quickness and Bradley would have greatly increased the pressure on both ends on their backcourt.

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2014, 01:23:45 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I remember it now haha thank you for finding that. Man would he have made a difference in that series though....

Yup we lost our Wade stopper.

Love Rondo, Love Bradley, love Smart.
If all three of them stay on the team I see Rondo and Smart as the starters
and Bradley doing a lot of damage off the bench.
Smart and Rondo can run the offense interchangeably while on the floor together.  They are both smart, dynamic players who will terrorize other backcourts together. 

I'm not sure how Evan Turner is going to fit in on this team if his strength
is handling the ball.  Yes while Rondo is out but afterwards? 
One of 5 players will be gone before the trade deadline among Rondo, AB, Smart, Turner and Green.  At this point I'd say the most likely of those 5 to stay is Smart, given the potential and the rookie contract...I can't say who the most likely to be gone is.

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2014, 01:28:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Heh, Wade even kicked him in the hand on that play, talk about dirty.

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2014, 01:34:53 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Heh, Wade even kicked him in the hand on that play, talk about dirty.

he does that little crap like that a lot.

i'm not going to sit here and say I was some all world B-ball player. but I used to play against some cats that used to do the "kicking the leg" out thing when they took a jump shot and they never did it again when I made sure they made contact with me enough to where I could lean into 'em enough and watch them fall down and hurt themselves.