Author Topic: The truth is their is no point for Rondo on this team anymore  (Read 11482 times)

Re: The truth is their is no point for Rondo on this team anymore
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 09:39:54 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
It's the truth.
it's your opinion.  big difference.

I did not say I dont want him on the team.

The truth is Rondo is a champion, a winner, I also doubt heavily he wants to be on a team like this.

He knows every night that he is

A) Not going to the playoffs, or at best eliminated immediately

B)  Not winning many games

C) No excitement , no big game, no nation wide coverage, we all know he loves the spotlight

No way in hell Rondo is excited about the situation.

I doubt he wants to be here, but no way he will come out and say it, in fact NOBODY WILL DO THAT unless they really hate management, not necessarily hate the situation they are in , which I think Rondo does.

A lot of your reasoning has to be based on what you read online and on ESPN.  You do not no truly if Rondo is feeling anyway about the rebuild. Its pure Speculation.

My reasoning is based on prior situations with great players.

My reasoning has nothing to do with ESPN and what they say about Rondo.

It is about facts and putting it all together.

For all I know you could be right.

Rondo at 28 years old (not saying he is old) with a team full of scrubs and role players, a rookie head coach, no other players around him that can take him anywhere even close to playoff basketball and winning, a rebuild phase to which in reality who knows if they will land a star.

If you can think any otherwise that this just is not the best situation for HIM , then I guess you can do that. I just do not see it.

This comment I can respect completely. IT was just your choice of words that made me feel what you were stating was complete speculation

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 09:59:54 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 10:10:07 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
What really bums me is Rondo's injury.  The team, I think, could go either way, all-youth movement with Smart.  Rondo.  could go to a team with other allstars, or stay and have the ball in HIS hands at crunch time, which I think he'd take as well.  Both parties, at this point, could reasonably go in another direction, or stay together.

But Rondo can't come in and lead the team on the court right away and give us an idea whether or not we're looking at a team that can be in the playoff race, and that just stinks.  It sucks and it stinks.

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 10:20:11 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
If you could get star players and turn back the clock on Rondo's age then sure there is room for a solid point guard. The problem is that the Celtics hae a captain that would be a 4th option on most contending teams. Think of Chauncey Billups. Was he ever a star? Maybe but he profiled more as a role player on teams that were pretty good. Rondo is like that only with better defense and a worse shot. He's a role player and there is nothing wrong with that. This is not a true captain for the Celtics it's a place holder much like when Dee Brown was one when Bird retired. Obviously much better than Brown but the fact remains that he is not even a star player in the league.

Whoever floated the Reggie Jackson and a pick for Rondo idea had it correct. Rondo would fit in as the 4th option in OKC. That would be the absolute best case scenario. Boston needs stars and the only way to do it is tanking.

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 10:40:49 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Go get em, Tim!

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 12:41:30 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
If you could get star players and turn back the clock on Rondo's age then sure there is room for a solid point guard. The problem is that the Celtics hae a captain that would be a 4th option on most contending teams. Think of Chauncey Billups. Was he ever a star? Maybe but he profiled more as a role player on teams that were pretty good. Rondo is like that only with better defense and a worse shot. He's a role player and there is nothing wrong with that. This is not a true captain for the Celtics it's a place holder much like when Dee Brown was one when Bird retired. Obviously much better than Brown but the fact remains that he is not even a star player in the league.

Whoever floated the Reggie Jackson and a pick for Rondo idea had it correct. Rondo would fit in as the 4th option in OKC. That would be the absolute best case scenario. Boston needs stars and the only way to do it is tanking.
Reggie Jackson is a nice little 24year old player but why exactly do we need to trade Rondo for another  guard? If anything we would want a center and a player with more time left on their rookie dead, Jacksons is up soon and he will want a pay day.

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 12:48:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I could see Rondo delivering an "I'm a great player on a bad team and it sucks" kind of press conference this year, although I don't think he's going to be quite as desperate as Pierce was at their respective points in their careers.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 12:52:05 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The truth is... [words]

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 01:20:24 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The truth is... [words]

The Truth is... playing for the Wizards this season.

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 03:42:29 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
i'd respect Rondo way more if he came right out and said he wanted this team to get some players in here.

true leaders do this imo. pierce did similar things in '07. it's the guys that speak up that get things done. the one's that keep quiet and try to just go with the flow and be the "team guy" that get nothing.

look at tom brady, team guy his whole career, stays in line and all that and now look at him. in the 10 plus yrs. he's been the starter only 3 of those have they actually went out and gotten him help. this yr. you'd think he kicked Krafts' dog or something because it looks like they're trying to get him killed.

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 03:51:43 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
i'd respect Rondo way more if he came right out and said he wanted this team to get some players in here.

true leaders do this imo. pierce did similar things in '07. it's the guys that speak up that get things done. the one's that keep quiet and try to just go with the flow and be the "team guy" that get nothing.

look at tom brady, team guy his whole career, stays in line and all that and now look at him. in the 10 plus yrs. he's been the starter only 3 of those have they actually went out and gotten him help. this yr. you'd think he kicked Krafts' dog or something because it looks like they're trying to get him killed.

Well said Warrior!

I had so much respect for Pierce back in 06 and 07 when he was speaking out about wanting better players on the team or he would welcome a trade out of Boston.

That essentially led to Danny Ainge getting off his as* and doing something.

I think Rondo has certainly hinted that he would like better players but I would become his biggest fan if he came out and said:

"Look, either try to get me players to help us compete for a championship OR trade me. It's that simple!"

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 04:30:31 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Well said Warrior!

I had so much respect for Pierce back in 06 and 07 when he was speaking out about wanting better players on the team or he would welcome a trade out of Boston.

I think Rondo has certainly hinted that he would like better players but I would become his biggest fan if he came out and said:

"Look, either try to get me players to help us compete for a championship OR trade me. It's that simple!"

Do you guys honestly think that Danny Ainge needed Pierce' frustrated comments to motivate him to pull off the Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett trades?

He worked for several years to build up to those moves -- starting well before Pierce' comments.

Considering that we have pretty much zero idea what any of these guys are saying to each other behind closed doors, it seems silly to be holding them to any standard over what they "haven't said".

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 04:34:45 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Well said Warrior!

Do you guys honestly think that Danny Ainge needed Pierce' frustrated comments to motivate him to pull off the Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett trades?

He worked for several years to build up to those moves -- starting well before Pierce' comments.

Considering that we have pretty much zero idea what any of these guys are saying to each other behind closed doors, it seems silly to be holding them to any standard over what they "haven't said".

no I don't think Danny needed it. but speaking up like that tells me the player actually cares to win here.

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 05:06:19 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72

Well said Warrior!

'

how do you know?

actually I think the oppossite

I think he thought those pieces were what he wanted to work with as team building not trade pieces...

i heavily doubt he was getting AL , and Gerald because he would eventually trade them,

he thought they were the guys

The Garnett thing popped out of nowhere and Gerald Green sucked hard.

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 05:24:25 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
So Rondo not whining through the media shows a lack of leadership. That's a new one. Unreal.