Author Topic: Huge 12 player Trade Idea BOS-MIN-PHI  (Read 1302 times)

Huge 12 player Trade Idea BOS-MIN-PHI
« on: September 27, 2014, 10:50:54 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
Ok here it goes

Boston sends- Green, Bass, Wallace, clips 2015 1st, cavs 2016 1st, wiz 2015 2nd

Boston receives- Dieng, Richardson, Muhammad, Turiaf

Minnesota sends-  Dieng, Muhammad, Turiaf, Buddinger, Brewer, Barea, Lavine

Minnesota receives- Green, Bass, Bogans

Sixers send- Richardson, Bogans

Sixers Receive- Wallace, Budinger, Brewer, Barea, Lavine

Why for Boston: While we lose some picks we gain a ton of cap flexibility. We lose green but get rid of wallace.

Why for Minnesota: They want to compete for the playoffs with there new look roster. Throw in Green to that starting lineup and their is a possibilty they could make noise. They get a nice starting 5 Rubio-Wiggins-Green-Young-Pek with martin, bass, bennet, and williams coming off the bench. Bogans can be cut or used in a trade to bring in another player

Why for Sixers: They have to fill up the salary anyway so why not get some more picks and a nice young pg in lavine that will have all the time in the world to grow since MCW could possibly be out for a while. They get bodies for the sf where they literally had noone. They are also getting 2 1sts and a 2nd for using space they have to fill anway.

I thikn this would be a win for all teams involved what do you guys think?????
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

Re: Huge 12 player Trade Idea BOS-MIN-PHI
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 12:05:36 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wow. Minny gets beyond screwed in this deal.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 12:07:54 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Actually so do the Celts but not as bad as Minny.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 01:46:54 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

Actually Philly gets screwed the most. They give up an expiring deal in Richardson to take on $20M in salary ($40 over 2 years) in Wallace, Budinger and Brewer all the while making them slightly better. The two late 1st rounders and one likely late 2nd isn't nearly compensation enough for $40M/2yrs + Barea's $4.5M/1yr. Oh and this trade makes them slightly better than the D-League team they are right now, another drawback in Hinkie-land.

For reference I used this trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n4b6vxf as Bogans is unavailable and Lavine isn't being moved.

Another issue is that Minnesota gives up 3 prospects for 3 (expiring) role players with high-ish salaries. While I do understand this might appeal to Flip's idiotic notion of competing in the West with scrubs, Green and Bass don't have tons of value. Certainly not as much as Dieng/Muhammed on rookie deals. In your trade I think they gave up Lavine too.

You will be hard pressed to find a team that wants to give up promising players like Dieng/Lavine (and to a lesser degree Muhammed) for guys like Bass/Green/Thornton. Usually stuff like that happens around the trade deadline from teams that want to bolster the bench or ones that have suffered an injury.

This would be a coup for the Celtics. Moving salary and late firsts for young talent on their rookie deals is the sweetness. In the asset ladder it's like:

SUPERSTARS
-
All-stars
-
Young talent on cheap deals (or high first round picks)
-
Young talent on bigger deals (or late first round picks)
-
Expirings (2nd rounders)
-
Veteran/Role players on reasonable contracts
-
Scrubs on minimum deals
-
Wallace/Stoudemire/Boozer
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:52:07 PM by nostar »