Author Topic: Rondo rumor on where fracture actually happened  (Read 33008 times)

Re: Rondo rumor on where fracture actually happened
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2014, 05:24:14 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

To my eye, Rondo moved just fine, exploded just fine, but when he got to the rim, it was more crowded with defenders who were keying more on him than other players on the court.

So I guess we all hear what we want to hear (it is called confirmation bias).

Well, at least you are willing to admit what you think you saw is nothing more than your own confirmation bias.   ;)

I was actually referring to Ainge and Rondo himself who said he was 100% healthy vs. the "experts" who were saying it takes longer to heal.

I don't think Rondo looked gimpy or hampered at all when he played.

Did Rondo ever say anything such as "my knee did not feel quite right last season but I expect it to be better this season"?

I think Rondo will be different but it is more about adjusting to being on a bad team.  He will look to score more but will probably be less efficient.  Teams are going to focus on stopping Rondo like they did last year.

I hope I am wrong.  I would love to see Rondo come back and be able to shoot well enough that teams actually are worried about him shooting vs. just sagging off him.  I think he will continue to have more difficulty scoring at the rim (if he doesn't establish his shot) because teams will be looking to stop that.  He is going to need to establish his outside shot like a pitcher needs to establish his off-speed pitches to keep the hitters from sitting on fast-balls.  Defenses last year were "sitting on" Rondo driving to the hoop.  They weren't worried about him shooting and they weren't worried about anyone else.  It is a really easy defensive scheme to stop the Celtics best player.

« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2014, 06:39:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
That's ridiculous. Probably more so than your idea to sit Rondo for 4-6 weeks after he's healed in order to get into shape.

We will see who is right BballTim.

First the reports came about he will be back 6-8 weeks. Then today  Rondo said one doctor said it will take up to 10 weeks. Danny also adding they wont rush his return.

Rondo is going to dislike watching smart play like a beast on the court .  great draft pick by danny. The insurance is already paying off

« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2014, 07:33:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Employees at altitude say Rondo didn't even jump, just watched his kids have fun.

His story on how it happened is pretty suspicious to say the least. Pretty odd to have a windowsill that low, since he landed on it when he fell in the shower. Who has a windowsill in the shower anyways? Also, who catches themselves while balling their hand up in a fist?

At least he did admit he was on the trampoline, which contradicts what the employees said. Maybe it didn't occur on the trampoline, but what a coincidence.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2014/09/rajon_rondo_explains_broken_hand_injury_dismisses_trampoline.html

“Late Thursday night, I had a fall in my home,” Rondo confirmed. Upon further questioning about the injury, the Celtics captain playfully asked a reporter, “Am I under investigation?” before describing the nature of the fall.

“Certain falls happen and you slip,” Rondo said. “I slipped and tried to catch my hand. It wasn’t like a banana [peel] slip. I actually almost caught myself. I landed on my knuckle in the windowsill of my home. That’s what happened.”

The 27-year-old also downplayed the speculation that the injury may have occurred at a local trampoline park he was spotted at last Thursday night.

“My daughter’s birthday was last Wednesday. I think the video that got out was of me at the trampoline park on Tuesday. I took my daughter, who had a birthday that week, to a trampoline park Tuesday. Sky Zone, I think. I did jump. I learned some new tricks with my daughter, had a lot of fun."

Rondo continued: “Thursday came, I took my kids back to a trampoline park in Billerica. [The workers] there were really nice, they let me in for free, so that was good. Then I went home, and that’s when the incident happened. It didn’t happen at the trampoline place.”

« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2014, 07:37:44 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100

Employees at altitude say Rondo didn't even jump, just watched his kids have fun.

His story on how it happened is pretty suspicious to say the least. Pretty odd to have a windowsill that low, since he landed on it when he fell in the shower. Who has a windowsill in the shower anyways? Also, who catches themselves while balling their hand up in a fist?

At least he did admit he was on the trampoline, which contradicts what the employees said. Maybe it didn't occur on the trampoline, but what a coincidence.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2014/09/rajon_rondo_explains_broken_hand_injury_dismisses_trampoline.html

“Late Thursday night, I had a fall in my home,” Rondo confirmed. Upon further questioning about the injury, the Celtics captain playfully asked a reporter, “Am I under investigation?” before describing the nature of the fall.

“Certain falls happen and you slip,” Rondo said. “I slipped and tried to catch my hand. It wasn’t like a banana [peel] slip. I actually almost caught myself. I landed on my knuckle in the windowsill of my home. That’s what happened.”

The 27-year-old also downplayed the speculation that the injury may have occurred at a local trampoline park he was spotted at last Thursday night.

“My daughter’s birthday was last Wednesday. I think the video that got out was of me at the trampoline park on Tuesday. I took my daughter, who had a birthday that week, to a trampoline park Tuesday. Sky Zone, I think. I did jump. I learned some new tricks with my daughter, had a lot of fun."

Rondo continued: “Thursday came, I took my kids back to a trampoline park in Billerica. [The workers] there were really nice, they let me in for free, so that was good. Then I went home, and that’s when the incident happened. It didn’t happen at the trampoline place.”

There's no contradiction with the employees. It sounds like Rondo went to a trampoline park twice last week. Once on Tuesday and another time on Thursday. He went on the trampoline on Tuesday but didn't on Thursday when the incident happened. I've also heard that the shower part was made up by some people. Not sure who or why, but I thought it was confirmed that Rondo broke his hand in his house. The shower part was incorrect. Not 100% sure.

« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2014, 08:18:15 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

There's no contradiction with the employees. It sounds like Rondo went to a trampoline park twice last week. Once on Tuesday and another time on Thursday. He went on the trampoline on Tuesday but didn't on Thursday when the incident happened. I've also heard that the shower part was made up by some people. Not sure who or why, but I thought it was confirmed that Rondo broke his hand in his house. The shower part was incorrect. Not 100% sure.

Yeah, I guess. Although, he didn't specify on whether or not he did "tricks" on both days.

« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2014, 08:37:30 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
That's ridiculous. Probably more so than your idea to sit Rondo for 4-6 weeks after he's healed in order to get into shape.

Yeah, we'll see if they sit him for a month after the docs say his hand is healed.

« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2014, 08:42:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Yeah, we'll see if they sit him for a month after the docs say his hand is healed.

Sure after you are healed from surgery, you can be thrown into the fire like nothing has happened. 

« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2014, 09:03:45 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

To my eye, Rondo moved just fine, exploded just fine, but when he got to the rim, it was more crowded with defenders who were keying more on him than other players on the court.

So I guess we all hear what we want to hear (it is called confirmation bias).

Well, at least you are willing to admit what you think you saw is nothing more than your own confirmation bias.   ;)

I was actually referring to Ainge and Rondo himself who said he was 100% healthy vs. the "experts" who were saying it takes longer to heal.

I don't think Rondo looked gimpy or hampered at all when he played.

Did Rondo ever say anything such as "my knee did not feel quite right last season but I expect it to be better this season"?

I think Rondo will be different but it is more about adjusting to being on a bad team.  He will look to score more but will probably be less efficient.  Teams are going to focus on stopping Rondo like they did last year.

I hope I am wrong.  I would love to see Rondo come back and be able to shoot well enough that teams actually are worried about him shooting vs. just sagging off him.  I think he will continue to have more difficulty scoring at the rim (if he doesn't establish his shot) because teams will be looking to stop that.  He is going to need to establish his outside shot like a pitcher needs to establish his off-speed pitches to keep the hitters from sitting on fast-balls.  Defenses last year were "sitting on" Rondo driving to the hoop.  They weren't worried about him shooting and they weren't worried about anyone else.  It is a really easy defensive scheme to stop the Celtics best player.

Last year Rondo wasn't explosive.I thought that was pretty obvious. Part of it was coming back from knee surgery, part of it was coming back mid-season without training camp or preseason, part of it was probably trying to gain confidence in his knee. Players generally play better the year after they come back. Danny talked about it, Wyc talked about it, Doc talked about it, Bird probably did and so did some of the other players in the league. As for teams sagging off of Rondo in order to "sit" on his drive, they've been doing that since he came into the league. It's never been overly effective because he can generally still get into the lane and get an assist after he draws in defenders.

« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2014, 11:38:59 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100

Yeah, I guess. Although, he didn't specify on whether or not he did "tricks" on both days.

Nah, he did specify. In the actual video, he said he didn't play (at the park) on Thursday.

« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
With grains of salt...

"Hopefully I won't miss any games this year," Rondo said in an exclusive interview with CSNNE's Mike Gorman. "Lord willing I heal correctly and I'll be back in no time.

"They're telling me 6-to-8 [weeks]. But that means nothing to me."

Gorman then asked if Rondo would be a possibility for Opening Night at the end of October.

"Always," Rondo said.

"I'm sure they're going to be very cautious and Danny [Ainge, Celtics President of Basketball Operations] already said it. When I'm ready, like I said this isn't my knee this is a finger."

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/rondo-doesnt-rule-out-opening-night-return

« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2014, 01:54:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
haters gonna hate....

« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2014, 10:47:41 AM »

Offline IlCapitano

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Ainge: "Rondo wants to stay in Boston and we want him here"

Ainge: "Knowing Rondo he'll do everything he can to be ready for opening night"

Ainge said Rondo has spoken to him about which players he'd like to get in Boston with him. Said they talk often about it.
Tommy Heinsohn:"Worst nightmare in the NBA is Rondo with a jump shot." B-)

Celtic Pride!

« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2014, 11:32:45 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Ainge said Rondo has spoken to him about which players he'd like to get in Boston with him. Said they talk often about it.

Source would help.

« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2014, 11:43:28 AM »

Offline IlCapitano

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16

Source would help.
Toucher and Rich. I just posted a thread with the article and audio.
Tommy Heinsohn:"Worst nightmare in the NBA is Rondo with a jump shot." B-)

Celtic Pride!

« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2014, 11:50:32 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Source would help.
Toucher and Rich. I just posted a thread with the article and audio.

Cool, thanks.