Author Topic: Rondo rumor on where fracture actually happened  (Read 33089 times)

Re: Rondo rumor on where fracture actually happened
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 12:03:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Sorry, but I don't know how anyone can NOT at least be a little skeptical of this shower story?

A grown man slipping in the shower and breaking his hand?

Really?

And it just happens to take place as training camp is set to being??

And by the way I also don't think Rondo was in a fight nor do I think he hurt it on a trampoline.

I think this could be more related to the fact that "hey, the team's going to suck, why win more games than we have to, so let's sit our best player for the first couple weeks, or month, or 2 months." Then, magically Rondo looks healthy in time for the trade deadline and is shipped out.

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2014, 12:09:45 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Sorry, but I don't know how anyone can NOT at least be a little skeptical of this shower story?

Really?

And by the way I also don't think Rondo was in a fight nor do I think he hurt it on a trampoline.

I think this could be more related to the fact that "hey, the team's going to suck, why win more games than we have to, so let's sit our best player for the first couple weeks, or month, or 2 months." Then, magically Rondo looks healthy in time for the trade deadline and is shipped out.

I'd guess the team would get into serious trouble for lying about whether a player was injured. They probably wouldn't have to worry about next year's draft.

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2014, 12:21:52 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Really?

So you think he didn't have surgery? If they put a pin in, which is likely as it helps the healing process and stabilizes the metacarpal if it was a displaced fracture, then he would have two procedures done. One to place the pin, the other to remove it once the x-rays show the fracture has healed. Point being that it will be really tough to hide this and the scaring that will be visible afterwards.

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2014, 12:22:38 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Really?

I'd guess the team would get into serious trouble for lying about whether a player was injured. They probably wouldn't have to worry about next year's draft.

Well, admittedly I don't know about that.

I get the impression that teams fib about players getting hurt or injured quite often, but maybe your right.

Perhaps the league is very strict about teams potentially fabricating injuries.

All I am saying is I am somewhat skeptical of  the "slipped in the shower" story, as I am the trampoline story and I also don't believe he was injured it in a fight because I think that would've been revealed as well.

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2014, 12:24:21 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Really?

So you think he didn't have surgery? If they put a pin in, which is likely as it helps the healing process and stabilizes the metacarpal if it was a displaced fracture, then he would have two procedures done. One to place the pin, the other to remove it once the x-rays show the fracture has healed. Point being that it will be really tough to hide this and the scaring that will be visible afterwards.

Also, a good point.

How do you "make up" the surgery?

Fair enough.

Just the whole timing of the situation seemed kind of suspicious, that's all.

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 01:09:31 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Freak accidents happen.  Slipping in the shower is not the most stupid thing i`ve heard

Canizares severed a tendon in his right foot after he accidentally smashed a bottle of aftershave and a shard of glass penetrated his flesh
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/spain/newsid_1994000/1994707.stm

Does it sound a bit strange ? Of course it does. Does this makes it suspicious ? No .... It`s in Rondo`s best interest to play this season if the Cs suck big time. Adding another injury on the other hand doesn`t help a lot to raise his stock

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2014, 01:39:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Really?

I think what was written above is a possibility.  Let's not forget about a week ago, Wyc came out to the media and said Rondo is "stubborn, difficult to coach, mentioned Doc Rivers name (i don't know why his name was even mentioned)" that could of upset Rondo and his camp.

There could of been an argument/disagreement. In the end both Wyc/management and Rondo/Agent agreed, to let Rondo stay home for a few months.  From the Celtics perspective , this is ok as Smart gets to show what he has.  If Smart is lost, struggles,is looking like a bust then once Rondo comesback and if he plays well, the team can focus on Rondo as the teams pg for the LR. Smart could be traded. If Smart exceeds expectations and plays like MCW did last season, then the team can look fwd to trade Rondo at the deadline (bc he will not be offered the kind of money/years he is looking for).

For Rondo's camp it's ok for him to sit bc it's up to Smart to prove himself on the court. If he can't, they will now how much the team willl need Rondo.  Also you are getting paid still and there is less chance for him to get reinjured before the trade deadline.

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2014, 01:56:32 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Freak accidents happen.  Slipping in the shower is not the most stupid thing i`ve heard

Canizares severed a tendon in his right foot after he accidentally smashed a bottle of aftershave and a shard of glass penetrated his flesh
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/spain/newsid_1994000/1994707.stm

Does it sound a bit strange ? Of course it does. Does this makes it suspicious ? No .... It`s in Rondo`s best interest to play this season if the Cs suck big time. Adding another injury on the other hand doesn`t help a lot to raise his stock
No. It is far more interesting to assume Rondo was doing something obviously risky and behaved extremely irresponsibly.

Such as rescuing kittens from collapsing buildings.

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2014, 02:08:19 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Really?

I think what was written above is a possibility.  Let's not forget about a week ago, Wyc came out to the media and said Rondo is "stubborn, difficult to coach, mentioned Doc Rivers name (i don't know why his name was even mentioned)" that could of upset Rondo and his camp.

There could of been an argument/disagreement. In the end both Wyc/management and Rondo/Agent agreed, to let Rondo stay home for a few months.  From the Celtics perspective , this is ok as Smart gets to show what he has.  If Smart is lost, struggles,is looking like a bust then once Rondo comesback and if he plays well, the team can focus on Rondo as the teams pg for the LR. Smart could be traded. If Smart exceeds expectations and plays like MCW did last season, then the team can look fwd to trade Rondo at the deadline (bc he will not be offered the kind of money/years he is looking for).

For Rondo's camp it's ok for him to sit bc it's up to Smart to prove himself on the court. If he can't, they will now how much the team willl need Rondo.  Also you are getting paid still and there is less chance for him to get reinjured before the trade deadline.

That's ridiculous. Probably more so than your idea to sit Rondo for 4-6 weeks after he's healed in order to get into shape.

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2014, 02:18:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
LOL

BballTim ok ok Rondo will be back in 4 weeks or less.

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2014, 02:53:40 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Rondo is very injury prone.  Stuff like this is inevitable regardless of how it happened.  His brittle body has a tendency to break down in various ways.   He's missed like 100 games over the past two seasons.
I still don't classify him as injury prone.  If he gets another major injury in the next 2 years, then I will. 

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2014, 03:33:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Rondo is very injury prone.  Stuff like this is inevitable regardless of how it happened.  His brittle body has a tendency to break down in various ways.   He's missed like 100 games over the past two seasons.
I still don't classify him as injury prone.  If he gets another major injury in the next 2 years, then I will.
last four years Rondo has missed 13 games, 13 games, 44 games, and 52 games.  That is 3 separate injuries and he now his 4th in 5 years.  That is pretty much the definition of injury prone.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2014, 04:15:16 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
LOL

BballTim ok ok Rondo will be back in 4 weeks or less.

Math doesn't seem to be your strongest subject.

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Rumors swirling that it happened in Altitude, a trampoline park.

http://dimemag.com/2014/09/rumor-rajon-rondo-trampoline-park-day-broke-hand/

If this is the case they can cut him without any cap penalty correct? Just one more example on how selfish this guy is. He would rather screw around at a trampoline park than actually apply himself to his job. Ridiculous

Exactly. Rondo should have been home on his couch avoiding all physical activity. Although, sitting on a couch might cause muscles to atrophy - which hurts his game.

Maybe he should have bought a trampoline and put it in his backyard. Of course, I'm guessing he also has a pool - what if he fell into the pool while distracted by his kids on the trampoline?

OK then, I guess he could have been at the trampoline place, but made sure to sit still (or perhaps do some light jogging in place) while filming his kids. But doesn't holding a cell phone too close to your head cause brain damage? Bad news for both his playmaking and Connect Four skills.

Ok then, he should have been at the trampoline park, but someone else could have been doing the filming while Rondo was getting stretched by Brian Doo and getting a wheatgrass IV.

But even then he absolutely should not have gone when anyone else was in the place - too much chance he could bump into someone with the mindset of Aaron Hernandez, spill the guy's Pepsi, and end up getting shot.

I guess the only natural conclusion is that absolutely anything Rondo could possibly have done would be a selfish move that put his performance on the Celtics at risk.

haha classic.  tp for you

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2014, 04:25:53 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
last four years Rondo has missed 13 games, 13 games, 44 games, and 52 games.  That is 3 separate injuries and he now his 4th in 5 years.  That is pretty much the definition of injury prone.

Two of those 3 injuries were a sprained ankle and a sprained wrist, both of which kept him out of the lineup for 2 weeks or so. "Injury prone" is a stretch.