Author Topic: Rondo rumor on where fracture actually happened  (Read 33086 times)

Re: Rondo rumor on where fracture actually happened
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Guy called , I think the sports hub, who works at the trampoline place and said Rondo came in, took some photos and watched his kids play, then went home.
This is the first I've heard of Rondo having kids.

Wow. I guess he does have a wife and kids

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 02:48:32 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
All this said I bet the trampoline theory will get proven or disproven pretty quickly. It's a public place and I bet people were watching (if not filming) Rondo the whole time.

If it happened at home we may never know the truth. Not that I care much. I'd imagine that Rondo wants to take care of his body and play ball as much as anyone on the planet, and wouldn't be the type to lose his cool or take unnecessary risks more than any other responsible professional athlete.

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 02:50:17 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Rondo: Crime Scene Investigation....a new reality TV series brought to you by the makers of Lebron: A Tale of Two Cities.

I guess what bothers me the most is even though it's not the end of the world, it is another delay in getting this show on the road and [dang it], I want to see some good Celtic basketball instead of hearing and reading all the drama behind the scenes!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 03:43:02 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Guy called , I think the sports hub, who works at the trampoline place and said Rondo came in, took some photos and watched his kids play, then went home.

Sounds pretty dangerous.

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 03:53:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Sounds pretty dangerous.

Yeah, just like a shower.

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 04:12:26 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I always thought Tim was one.

Yes, I can see why you'd expect to frequently lose arguments to someone in that age range.

I'm just messing with you. When Rondo gets traded it'll be weird not having you around.

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 04:34:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I always thought Tim was one.

Yes, I can see why you'd expect to frequently lose arguments to someone in that age range.

I'm just messing with you. When Rondo gets traded it'll be weird not having you around.

Oh, I'll still be here. That's just your over-active imagination kicking in.

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 05:37:56 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
LOL.

So now we have "WristGate".

I thought TMZ reported that Bigfoot broke Rondo's hand ;D.

But seriously get well, Rajon.

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 06:13:01 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I fell in the shower once and had to get four stitches on my chin.    :'(

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2014, 07:28:43 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Is he allowed to do things like trampolining on his contract? No motorbikes, no risky business. Does this qualify as risky?
I really don't care either way if his agents changed the story because he'll be back in 10 weeks at worst right?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. We've seen it happen a lot of times that a player gets hurt doing something that his contract explicitly says he's not supposed to do, and then lies about how he got hurt. Braylon Edwards and Terrell Suggs stand out in my mind (ironically, they both hurt themselves playing basketball!).

and right after a trampoline park trip of all things. You could hardly invent a more incriminating circumstance (nor a more cliche alibi)

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 09:02:14 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
The bigger story to me here is that there's a trampoline park in Boston.  Is it any good?  Anybody here ever been?  Sounds like something I'd like to do next time I'm in town.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 09:50:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. We've seen it happen a lot of times that a player gets hurt doing something that his contract explicitly says he's not supposed to do, and then lies about how he got hurt. Braylon Edwards and Terrell Suggs stand out in my mind (ironically, they both hurt themselves playing basketball!).

and right after a trampoline park trip of all things. You could hardly invent a more incriminating circumstance (nor a more cliche alibi)

Not to mention Monta Ellis who was caught in a lie about riding a motorbike, and nearly had his contract voided. That is why cover ups happen: It's about the dollars. Every NBA contract has dangerous activity clause, and if Rondo violated it, he could lose a lot of $$.  I'm not saying he did violate it, maybe he did fall in the shower, but healthy skepticism not unwarranted given the stakes here.

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2014, 11:18:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I commented on this in the other thread, but to believe this you also have to believe that he broke his hand in a public place and either no one witnessed it, or no witness to it mentioned anything about it on social media or anywhere.

It seems like pure crap to me.

It doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad fall. Sometimes you just land awkwardly and it'll cause a break. He probably didn't even know he broke it initially, just felt some discomfort and swelling. I've had 3 boxers fractures and not one time did I think it was actually fractured until I saw the x-rays.

If you didn't think it was broken, why did you get the x-rays?

Wanted to rule it out.

Yeah I'm with Eddie. It's very possible to break bones without realizing that's what happened until you see the break under an X-Ray.

Same thing happened to me with a boxer's fracture. Took me about 12 hours to figure out I needed to check it out, and even then I was pretty surprised to learn about the breaks.
so.... were you fighting? showering? or trampolining?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 11:41:57 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I commented on this in the other thread, but to believe this you also have to believe that he broke his hand in a public place and either no one witnessed it, or no witness to it mentioned anything about it on social media or anywhere.

It seems like pure crap to me.

It doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad fall. Sometimes you just land awkwardly and it'll cause a break. He probably didn't even know he broke it initially, just felt some discomfort and swelling. I've had 3 boxers fractures and not one time did I think it was actually fractured until I saw the x-rays.

If you didn't think it was broken, why did you get the x-rays?

Wanted to rule it out.

Yeah I'm with Eddie. It's very possible to break bones without realizing that's what happened until you see the break under an X-Ray.

Same thing happened to me with a boxer's fracture. Took me about 12 hours to figure out I needed to check it out, and even then I was pretty surprised to learn about the breaks.
so.... were you fighting? showering? or trampolining?  ;D
Bare knuckle pushups?