Author Topic: Rondo rumor on where fracture actually happened  (Read 33092 times)

Rondo rumor on where fracture actually happened
« on: September 27, 2014, 01:26:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Rumors swirling that it happened in Altitude, a trampoline park.

http://dimemag.com/2014/09/rumor-rajon-rondo-trampoline-park-day-broke-hand/

Re: Rondo rumor on where fracture actually happened
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 01:33:50 PM »

Offline djsway104

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 30
I don't understand why it's so important to know where his fracture came from..

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 01:35:38 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I commented on this in the other thread, but to believe this you also have to believe that he broke his hand in a public place and either no one witnessed it, or no witness to it mentioned anything about it on social media or anywhere.

It seems like pure crap to me.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
I commented on this in the other thread, but to believe this you also have to believe that he broke his hand in a public place and either no one witnessed it, or no witness to it mentioned anything about it on social media or anywhere.

It doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad fall. Sometimes you just land awkwardly and it'll cause a break. He probably didn't even know he broke it initially, just felt some discomfort and swelling. I've had 3 boxers fractures and not one time did I think it was actually fractured until I saw the x-rays.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 01:46:41 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

It doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad fall. Sometimes you just land awkwardly and it'll cause a break. He probably didn't even know he broke it initially, just felt some discomfort and swelling. I've had 3 boxers fractures and not one time did I think it was actually fractured until I saw the x-rays.

Yeah but like the article speculates, I'm guessing it's from punching something. If he falls awkwardly, the natural instinct is to put an open hand out as opposed to a closed fist. Now, who knows how much misinformation is out there regarding Rondo's injury and the whole story in general? I don't, but I'll bet even just Rondo falling at that park would have made waves somewhere...

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 01:46:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Ha, thought this was gonna be much worse.  That's...kinda cute if true.  Not very smart though.

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 01:53:57 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown

Because as a pro athlete Rondo has a responsibility to try and avoid situations where he can get potentially injured doing stupid things. That being said, getting hurt at some kind of trampoline park is harmless, not like he was in a fight or punched a wall or something.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 01:54:18 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If you didn't think it was broken, why did you get the x-rays?

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 01:56:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Wanted to rule it out.

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 02:17:05 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Guy called , I think the sports hub, who works at the trampoline place and said Rondo came in, took some photos and watched his kids play, then went home.

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 02:27:54 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Because as a pro athlete Rondo has a responsibility to try and avoid situations where he can get potentially injured doing stupid things. That being said, getting hurt at some kind of trampoline park is harmless, not like he was in a fight or punched a wall or something.

You must be really down on Paul George too.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 02:32:42 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Wanted to rule it out.

Yeah I'm with Eddie. It's very possible to break bones without realizing that's what happened until you see the break under an X-Ray.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 02:35:50 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Thirded.  I broke my finger once and just thought it was sprained til the swelling went down a week later and it was...wobbling a little every time I took a jump shot.  It happens a lot with little bones.

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 02:41:40 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Wanted to rule it out.

Yeah I'm with Eddie. It's very possible to break bones without realizing that's what happened until you see the break under an X-Ray.

Same thing happened to me with a boxer's fracture. Took me about 12 hours to figure out I needed to check it out, and even then I was pretty surprised to learn about the breaks.

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 02:41:46 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown

You must be really down on Paul George too.

I don't think your comment makes much sense, PG was injured playing and Rondo harmlessly at some kind of trampoline park. I said I'd have a problem if he was injured doing some stupid.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.