Author Topic: With rondo's injury I was inspired  (Read 2539 times)

With rondo's injury I was inspired
« on: September 26, 2014, 08:13:58 PM »

Offline Deezzyy

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5

Re: With rondo's injury I was inspired
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 08:15:28 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
That's... not terrible.

Need one more shooting guard for a full starting 5, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 08:21:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
TANK BABY TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 08:22:15 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Not bad, let's give the OP a hand.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 08:47:36 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Good idea. Cs might have to include a future 1st rd pick to Minny for Pekovic since green can opt out, and Bass/Joel are expirings.

Essentially the C's would be trading Rondo, Olynyk, and the chance to keep Green long term for McLemore, Stauskas, Pekovic, and the chance to keep Rudy Gay.

Detroit would probably have to send a second rounder or two to Sacramento for relieving their cap by trading Williams' expiring contract.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
ainge already beat you to it. give these threads a rest please.

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge was downright exasperated when asked yet again this week about Rondo's future in Boston.
"Are you seriously asking me that again? Yes, we expect Rajon to be in Boston for the long term," Ainge said. "Does that need to be asked any more by anybody ever again?"

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4714706/rondo-out-6-8-weeks-after-hand-surgery

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 11:01:28 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
ainge already beat you to it. give these threads a rest please.

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge was downright exasperated when asked yet again this week about Rondo's future in Boston.
"Are you seriously asking me that again? Yes, we expect Rajon to be in Boston for the long term," Ainge said. "Does that need to be asked any more by anybody ever again?"

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4714706/rondo-out-6-8-weeks-after-hand-surgery

You brought this on yourself by trying to trade him for each of the last 7 years, Danny, so shut up and deal with it ;D 

Side bar - McLemore?  Again?  Or perhaps, still lol?  Ugh.

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 12:14:28 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Haha, this trade is actually pretty good. I think it makes sense for all squads involved. Maybe the only one who will balk is Minny in giving up Pekovic. But a Nets 1st rounder should be able to fix that :)
- LilRip

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 04:07:48 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
This trade is interesting except that for Sacramento moving Gay is counterproductive. There really isn't a way for them to take on Smith and Rondo AND Wallace without giving up Gay and also paying Cousins unless they cut half of their roster. Rondo, Wallace, Smith, Gay and Cousins come to just over $70M in salary. Include Stauskas and you're basically at the tax line.

If they could somehow convince Philly to take on Wallace's deal then it might work. Sacramento doesn't have a lot of free picks (2017 I guess) and my guess is they're keen on keeping Stauskas, especially next to Rondo.

Maybe this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oybtohg

where Boston gets SAC's 2017 unprotected 1st and Philly gets their 1st (2nds) back and a protected 1st from us (CLE/LAC, top-15 protected).

We could still make a trade for Pek but we'd have to take on Martin I'd bet. Not sure I want Pek on this team if we're going Rondo-less rebuild mode but this works: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=odnvfgw