Author Topic: BOS/DAL/HOU  (Read 1444 times)

BOS/DAL/HOU
« on: September 26, 2014, 04:31:30 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Boston In: Brandan Wright, Josh Powell
Boston Out: Brandon Bass, Joel Anthony, 2015 Clippers pick, 2016 heavily protected 2nd Rd pick

Dallas In: Motiejunas, Joel Anthony, 2015 Clippers pick, three future 2nd rd picks (1 from BOS, 2 from HOU)
Dallas Out: Brandan Wright, Raymond Felton, Jae Crowder

Houston In: Bass, Felton, Crowder
Houston Out: Montiejunas, Powell, Two Future 2nd Rd picks

I think all three teams have an incentive to get this deal done.

Celtics: Get Brandan Wright who should be a better long term fit that Bass. Can play Center. C's get rid of Anthony's contract which easily grants them the ability to cut the roster down from 16 (Lucas, Thomas waived b4 training camp, Murphy waived after) to 15 players after training camp (by waving Powell's non guaranteed contract). C's could even offer Faverani to save themselves the 2nd Rd pick and create an extra roster spot incase they want to keep any of these non guaranteed players.

Dallas: With Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, Gal Mekel, & Monta Ellis all capable of playing minutes at PG, there's no need for Felton. With Parsons, Aminu, & Jefferson at SF, Crowder is expendable. The biggest piece leaving is Brandan Wright. However, Dallas gets back a good PF/C in Montiejunas and picks to compensate them.

Houston: After letting Parsons walk and adding Ariza, the Rockets haven't done a good job signing free agents this offseason. In an effort to bolster their roster, they should do this trade. Felton can back up Beverly, Crowder can back up Ariza, and Bass can come off the bench at PF while providing playoff experience to the team.

Feedback?

Re: BOS/DAL/HOU
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 06:16:58 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Isn't there a difficult relationship between Howard and Bass back to their Orlando days? Just asking, because I really don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about this deal. Doesn't this leave Houston a bit thin for Bigs? Might Dallas prefer to wait for another team to have point guard injury issues before they move Felton rather than trade Wright?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:27:57 PM by Irish Stew »

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 06:40:59 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Is this the week for acquiring the Powells?

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 06:51:46 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Isn't there a difficult relationship between Howard and Bass back to their Orlando days? Just asking, because I really don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about this deal. Doesn't this leave Houston a bit thin for Bigs? Might Dallas prefer to wait for another team to have point guard injury issues before they move Felton rather than trade Wright?

Don't recal Bass and Howard having any problems. Bass is quiet and outspoken so I highly doubt it. As far as Houston's bigs, they have Bass, Capela, Jeff Adrien to back up Jones and Howard. If need be, they could trade for a player or pick up a PF/C via FA (if they're eligible). Personally I think they could go after Okafor, Seraphin, Mullens, or like I said take Vitor Faverani from us. Joel Anthony could provide a few minutes at C as well. 

As far as Dallas goes, they have no reason to wait to trade Felton since the Rockets are in need of a backup PG and the season has yet to start. Yeah, Dallas gives up Wright, but they get Montiejunas who is a great replacement. They get compensated with 3 second round picks and the Clippers 2015 1st for swapping Montiejunas for Wright, and giving up Felton and Crowder. Dallas is essentially swapping Wright for Montiejunas, while getting rid of 2 players who would not get to play many minutes ( assuming Harris is over Felton in the rotation).