Author Topic: Mcgee to Celtics trade idea  (Read 2692 times)

Mcgee to Celtics trade idea
« on: September 25, 2014, 07:47:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This guy can be brought in, if Danny works some magic

To Denver: Future 1st (non lotto), Future 2nd,  Bass, Bogans, Johnson, Babb
To Celtics: Mcgee

Reason for the Nuggets:  Too many centers in the lineup (Mozgov, Nurkic, Hickson). Need to lockup Faried to a long term deal next season (guessing 11-12 million dollars a year deal).

Reason for the Celtics: Risky pickup due coming back from injury, but has been cleared to play. Even at 90 percent would be considered a top 5-7 center in the east.   Not the smartest guy, but he would provide that above the rim play we desperately need to balance the frontcourt out.   

Rumor swirling that the Cavs are looking for a way to bring in Mcgee.  Unfortunately they don't have much they can offer to the nuggets.

Re: Mcgee to Celtics trade idea
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 08:15:36 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
With a young talent like Javale, we'd get more national TV time... on the Shaqtin' a Fool segment.

Joking aside though, I've always liked Mcgee. He seems like a good kid, just a goof. If we can harness his talent, he'd be a great athletic P&R big to run with rondo and the young guys. Slightly overpayed, but with the market nowadays and the cap raise rumors, you never know on that front. 

EDIT: Now that I think about it, are the Cavs trading for Bogans to possibly offer up a cap-relief based package for Mcgee?

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 08:26:50 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Maybe this will help the Cavs but we have 2 picks coming for a guy we would cut in a few days. DA you rock.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 01:01:22 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
I cant see us taking on any longterm salary. With McGee and a resigned Rondo we would not have enough cap-space to recruit a max-fa next summer.

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 01:44:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If we were once piece away, I'd say yes but I think we are several pieces away still.   We should know what we have in Smart, Oly and Sully by midyear.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I cant see us taking on any longterm salary. With McGee and a resigned Rondo we would not have enough cap-space to recruit a max-fa next summer.

We won't be getting a max free agent regardless but McGee really doesn't do anything for us. If he plays well we go from a 25 to 30 win team. If he plays as he has we stay at a 25 win team. If we still had Garnett and Pierce then sure, he'd be a great piece. Not with this squad.

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Every JaVale Thread needs it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geIRNnQalsw
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.