Author Topic: trade idea  (Read 2939 times)

trade idea
« on: September 25, 2014, 09:02:25 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Boston                    Lakers
Rondo                    Randle
Thorton                  Young
                              Nash (expireing contract)
                              2015 1st round pick

Re: trade idea
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:05:34 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
oops forgot to add Bass to make the #'s work

Boston       Rondo, Thorton , Bass

Lakers       Young , Randle, Nash's Expiring contract, 2015 1st round pick         

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 09:14:07 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
why?  this is god awful. 

is your goal to make the Lakers a playoff team while making the C's suck worse than Philly?  Randle plays horrid D and is yet another PF being added to a team already loaded with PF's of his skill level or better.  Young is pointless.  We don't need Nash's expiring deal --> especially when sending 3 players who are already expiring.  A first from LA next year would be outside the lottery after this deal.

You've sent out 3 players that could start for the Lakers (sure, Bass probably backs up Boozer but he is starting-caliber) for an unproven rookie that would fight for court time here, a guard that you never want to see the floor, a PG who's basically just collecting a paycheck and a pick.

Please explain why on earth you'd propose this mess

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 09:38:46 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
Its all about added pcs
We will suck this year regardless

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 09:44:19 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I agree that this trade is awful.  And in this proposal, unlike the countless iterations of the Rondo to LAL proposals before it, we have to absorb 4 years of Young's salary to add injury to insult.

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Its all about added pcs
We will suck this year regardless
added 'pieces' or added 'picks'?  in either case, you're not accomplishing either while making us beyond terrible.  exactly what part of this deal do you think accomplishes your stated goal?

Definitely not the bloated contract of Young.  Nash is a non-factor now just collecting a paycheck.  Randle plays the same position as 4 other players on the roster and he has issues with his defense.  The pick would end up out of the lottery so it's a minimal asset.

What is the prize you think you're getting?

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
why?  this is god awful. 

is your goal to make the Lakers a playoff team while making the C's suck worse than Philly?  Randle plays horrid D and is yet another PF being added to a team already loaded with PF's of his skill level or better.  Young is pointless.  We don't need Nash's expiring deal --> especially when sending 3 players who are already expiring.  A first from LA next year would be outside the lottery after this deal.

You've sent out 3 players that could start for the Lakers (sure, Bass probably backs up Boozer but he is starting-caliber) for an unproven rookie that would fight for court time here, a guard that you never want to see the floor, a PG who's basically just collecting a paycheck and a pick.

Please explain why on earth you'd propose this mess

+1

We don't need another PF and getting 20 cents on the dollar for Rondo isn't good...

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 12:56:08 PM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
20 cents on the dollar is all you are going 2 get for Rondo.
Swaggy P is an instant uprade at scoring over the entire roster and 21.5 over 4 yrs isn't bad.
As for Randle , just another chip 2 move along with the pick.
I think most of you are putting too much value into Rondo, nobody going 2 over pay for someone they can get for nothing next year

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 01:11:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We have PFs galore and Randle would be another.  Therefore I think the RR rumors for him are just that.  I also think even with KB and RR they would be terrible.

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 01:44:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
20 cents on the dollar is all you are going 2 get for Rondo.
Swaggy P is an instant uprade at scoring over the entire roster and 21.5 over 4 yrs isn't bad.
As for Randle , just another chip 2 move along with the pick.
I think most of you are putting too much value into Rondo, nobody going 2 over pay for someone they can get for nothing next year
well you're definitely overpaying for the load of garbage you wanted from the Lakers so don't say no one.
Young is a gunner and bad one at that.  Randle just continues to overload us at PF.  other teams would lowball us if we then tried to unload what we neither needed nor wanted. 

Rondo's going nowhere, especially at 20 cents on the dollar.  he's worth more in cap room just having his contract expire and leaving than the garbage from the lakers.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:51:25 PM by slamtheking »

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 02:25:42 PM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla

So what team do you think is going 2 over pay for a  guy that can walk next year  and on a team that has 2 many point guards? Or even  a somewhat  fair trade . Celtics are in a bad way with Rondo and all teams know it.
20 cents on the dollar is  a bargain.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I sort of agree with Tim that Rondo's value isn't as high as a lot of people here perceive it. He's not going to fetch another superstar in return. Our best shot at that was Bledsoe and that's seemingly passed now.

However I don't like the fit here. My reasons:

Really don't want to see Rondo as a Laker
Don't see Randle as a superstar
Would like to resign Rondo

I'd say that at the least they would have to include the HOU pick and take on Wallace. Something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l6txnah

Two expiring deals (we buy out Nash for $2M so he can play for the Heat this year) and let Smart have the reins resulting in a lotto pick this year (maybe to depending on BKN).

I think that moving Wallace's contract, a young guy like Randle and expiring deals are the best you can hope for in trading Rondo. The HOU pick would probably push me over the top.

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 02:53:51 PM »

Offline RRNoLookPass

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15

So what team do you think is going 2 over pay for a  guy that can walk next year  and on a team that has 2 many point guards? Or even  a somewhat  fair trade . Celtics are in a bad way with Rondo and all teams know it.

Teams would not have to overpay to top the garbage trade package you arranged from the Lakers.

And the Celts have "2 many" point guards? That's the first I have heard of this. The C's have Rondo as the starter and Pressey as the backup. Smart is a combo guard that will spend time at both spots. That is hardly too many point guards. What the Celts have too many of is PFs, so there is no need to trade for another one.

And 20 cents on the dollar is Never a bargain when you are the team getting the 20 cents back.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 02:58:12 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Poor value, plus the Lakers pick 6-30 is owned by Phoenix anyway.

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 03:48:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

how are the C's in a bad way with Rondo?  seriously.  it makes financial sense for him not to sign a new deal until this one is up.  wouldn't matter if the C's offered him the max right now.  financially, he'd cost himself a ton of money if he signed now.   

best deal for Rondo is resign him after the season.

as for the 2 other PGs, one is an unproven rookie that also has shooting concerns and the other is a second-year undrafted player in Pressey.   there's no one knocking Rondo out of the starter's spot any time soon.  much unlike Randle who'd have to fight just to get any minutes at all.