Author Topic: Future's Future Prospects  (Read 2174 times)

Future's Future Prospects
« on: September 24, 2014, 11:03:21 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
This will be a reference for this community and also help us keep track of players.
I am going to post some of my favorite future prospects for the 2015/2016/2017/2018 NBA draft;and you can too.
Since the Celtic's have multiple selections in each one of these drafts(17' we have best of ours and BKN) it will be good to know the prospects ahead of time.

Also I will try and post updates on the clips pick: which would be the 22/23rd pick in the draft if the season were to end today. I have hope that the pick will be in the teens....fingers crossed.
Also the 76ers 2nd round pick will essentially be a late first rounder anywhere from 31-34, with the latter being less likely. We can get a good player with that pick. People like Wayne Seldon or one of the Harrison's...someone will fall and we can scoop them up on the cheap.

Dennis Smith Jr, pg, 2017 NBA draft eligible
Dennis is just starting his jr year of hs. He is a guard and is 6'2'' w/o shoes(draftexpress)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RguQ7KyRxmI
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:31:29 PM by Future Celtics Owner »

Re: Future's Future Prospects
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 11:11:54 PM »

• Ray Allen
Jaylen Brown, 6'7'', sf, Draft Eligible in 2016
Currently Jaylen is in a duel with Ben Simmons for who will be the top pick/sf of the 2016 NBA draft.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jaylen-Brown-72912/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3T-ul7PEsk

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 11:38:54 PM »

• Ray Allen
SVIATOSLAV MYKHAILIUK, 6'6'', sg, Kansas freshman, Draft Eligible 2015...projected to come out in 16'

From the Ukraine. Some of you may remember seeing him at Nike Hoops Summit. He is a Kansas freshman this year and does not turn 18 till June of next year! Many say he should wait to come out his sophomore year because Wayne Seldon and Kelly Oubre will be getting the minutes at sg/sf.

If He does come out after his freshman year I could see him being the Zack Lavine of this draft, great shooter and super athletic but plays a position that is stacked on his team. But unlike Lavine, Sviatoslav would have a hard time cracking the lottery, much more likely he is a late 1st or early 2nd.

Some have compared his game to Manu Ginobili, another international player taken late in the draft. The Celtic's could get this "Ginobili " with the Clips pick, or even in the 2nd round with the Sixers early 2nd. This would be highway robbery if the C's got him super early in the 2nd (sixers will surely be top 3 worst again with that roster) or late in the first with the Clips pick.

edit: unfortunate he will be too young to be drafted in 14/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elWW5hT30h0
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:34:29 PM by Future Celtics Owner »

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 11:46:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Where is Lebron or Dwade Jr.?

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 11:56:40 PM »

• Ray Allen
Where is Lebron or Dwade Jr.?
lol we have Steve Francis Jr, Jason Richardson Jr, and Manu Jr.....im interested in what you think

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 12:07:35 PM »

• Ray Allen
Im bumping this. I wrote it back when and now with the Rondo trade it seems people could use some info on these players without having a million threads on each one.

Feel free to post your prospects. We should all help each other  stay informed.