Author Topic: ESPN Suspends Bill Simmons 3 weeks for his Roger Goodell Comments  (Read 21689 times)

Re: ESPN Suspends Bill Simmons 3 weeks for his Roger Goodell Comments
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2014, 03:03:34 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Why do people watch *any recreational activity/sport*? What a waste of time.

curious if you know any other sports that has a higher dead time-to-action ratio?  11 min of action for a 2+ hour game?  no thanks.

So what's your cup of tea then (besides basketball)?  Obviously, its not football.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2014, 03:08:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

curious if you know any other sports that has a higher dead time-to-action ratio?  11 min of action for a 2+ hour game?  no thanks.
Baseball. Most events during the Olympics.

Any game is a waste of time to those who don't enjoy it, you don't enjoy football *shrug*.

That's actually not true, by the way:
The average MLB game is three hours and seven minutes long.
The average NFL game is three hours, ten minutes, and 34 seconds long.

The WSJ (who timed the NFL live ball) also did the MLB a few years later. Baseball has just over 17 minutes of live ball time. I can cite all of this, but I'm assuming you trust me?

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2014, 03:52:46 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

So what's your cup of tea then (besides basketball)?  Obviously, its not football.

I've actually been getting away from the mainstream ones a bit.  NBA is really one of the only one I watch faithfully. 

That said, I've been digging more actions sports, just streamed the entire red bull rampage mt. bike contest (nuts, btw) and I also am into streaming live pro-surfing events.

Have to admit my newest guilty habit is major league lacrosse.   always loved the NCAA game, but the skill level and pace of the pros is impressive. 

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2014, 03:59:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I've actually been getting away from the mainstream ones a bit.  NBA is really one of the only one I watch faithfully. 

That said, I've been digging more actions sports, just streamed the entire red bull rampage mt. bike contest (nuts, btw) and I also am into streaming live pro-surfing events.

Have to admit my newest guilty habit is major league lacrosse.   always loved the NCAA game, but the skill level and pace of the pros is impressive. 

Ya ought to give Rugby a try.

Get it? Anyone get it?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

What's the ratio for golf?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference