Author Topic: BOS/TOR/SAC  (Read 1282 times)

BOS/TOR/SAC
« on: September 24, 2014, 07:31:15 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
I've seen a few trade proposals that were based on friendship. Really don't like the idea of Josh Smith in Boston...So how about Rudy Gay?

To Boston: Rudy Gay, Chuck Hayes
From Boston: Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, Keith Bogans, Joel Anthony

To Toronto: Jeff Green
From Toronto: Terrence Ross, Chuck Hayes

To Sacramento: Terrence Ross, Bass, Bogans, Anthony
From Sacramento: Rudy Gay

I think Toronto would be motivated to do this deal. Jeff Green would make them better than they are w/ Ross, especially come playoff time. Sacramento keeps their team young by adding Ross. Bass and Anthony expire after this year just like Gay's contract does. Bogans can be waived immediately to save the Kings 5.3 Mil this yr.

Knowing Gay could walk after this yr...would Sacramento give him up essentially for Terrence Ross?

I think Toronto would go for Jeff Green even though he has the option to opt out. Toronto will have the cap space to make an offer for Green. Green may just stay put since he's on a contending team.

This trade could be revised, but basically the goal is to get Rudy Gay. Cs new line up:

Rondo/Pressey
AB/Thornton/Young
Gay/Turner
Sully/Olynyk
Zeller/Fav

This trade wouldn't necessarily improve the C's in terms of Wins & Losses this season, but it would allow Rondo to play with one of his friends who he's tried to recruit to Boston before. C's would need to trade/sign another all-star caliber player in the future...

Maybe we could pry West/Hibbert away from IND b4 the trade deadline or Cousins away from SAC around lottery time!? Or maybe not...

Re: BOS/TOR/SAC
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 07:52:38 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It's pretty much a lateral move.  I'm not crazy about Green or Gay.  Gay's teams are usually better without him.