Author Topic: Tank City USA - Boston  (Read 26220 times)

Re: Tank City USA - Boston
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
And for that matter, I really don't want this team to tank this year.

The sixers have already alienated their fanbase. I don't want to see a lot of empty seats in TD garden. Fans booing their own players, making the Celtics a hellhole for NBA players.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 09:12:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Phili is tank city, they could have won World War 2 they have so many tanks.

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 10:03:44 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

The sixers have already alienated their fanbase. I don't want to see a lot of empty seats in TD garden. Fans booing their own players, making the Celtics a hellhole for NBA players.

We aren't tanking this year.
We are better than last year, and we have a lot of young talent to develop.

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 10:10:19 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Phili is tank city, they could have won World War 2 they have so many tanks.

Tank Commander Michael Carter-Williams leading the charge
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 10:31:24 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

That is true but other teams got better as well. The east is not the West but it is certainly better than last year and much more competitive to make the post season.

And like you said we have players to develop, so we should focus on being competitive and player development.....and getting Karl Towns!

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 06:50:36 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52

That is true but other teams got better as well. The east is not the West but it is certainly better than last year and much more competitive to make the post season.

And like you said we have players to develop, so we should focus on being competitive and player development.....and getting Karl Towns!

There are some really good teams in the East. Boston does have some okay pieces but no star players. This is my point. Karl Towns or Okafor would step in and instantly become the best player on the Boston Celtics. In a strong big man draft this is what the Celtics must have and need to have. No way to avoid the Tank Express if you want to do anything in this league. Wyc and Ainge need to do the right thing and tank. Only real option to give a mid market team like Boston a title. No Garnett's to be traded in the near future.

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 07:11:44 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Looking at the roster there are zero star players on this squad. Rondo is a solid role player and Marcus Banks 2.0 is an underwhelming draft choice to say the least. Sullinger looks good since he lost some weight and I'm encouraged that Zeller gained some. But something is clearly missing that thing is what's known as a legitimate star player in the NBA.

So how can Boston attract one? Free Agency? Absolutely not! With the cold weather and lack of nightlife not to mention high taxes on top of that it's the kiss of death. Trades? Maybe. But who would trade a KD? No my friends the best way to do this, the right way for a mid market team like Boston would be to hop on board and travel to a place called Tank City. At tank city no one cares what you do this year in terms of wins, as long as you turn potential into titles down the road. The Sixers are currently one of the best franchises in the NBA. Why? Who else can match that potential? Embiid Noel Saric MCW? That right there is one of the best collection of prospects since OKC. They did it the right way too. Boston tried a short cut last year and found themselves shot in the foot when they were at .500 at one point during the year. That's not going to cut it.

You want to go to Tank City. You Need to go to Tank City! Tank City is absolutely the right avenue to go down. Your prize? Karl Towns? Okafor? The possibilities are endless. But one thing is for sure if you finish the worst then a top 3 pick is yours! 13 wins or less is all we need!!

It's okay if you support tanking there's no problem with that, but to say that Philly is one of the best franchises in the NBA is ridiculous.
You have no idea if they drafted Darko Millicic 2.0 and Kwame Brown....
Rondo can be the second or third best player on a championship team if he's healthy and gets back to form.
Let's see how he goes with a full training camp/season, playing for a new contract- then decide if we need to go to tank city.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 07:23:47 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
We have a much better team this year than last year.
And we won't be tanking.
Define "much."
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
And we won't be tanking.
Define "much."
Much more talent. Much more ability. Possibly much more health. Much more experience. This year's team would crush last year's team

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2014, 07:36:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The possibilities are endless.

No, they're not.

But one thing is for sure if you finish the worst then a top 3 pick is yours!

No it's not.

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 07:39:41 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Yeah, it's actually about a 1 in 3 chance you won't get a top 3 pick if you have the worst record.

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 07:43:43 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
The Sixers are currently one of the best franchises in the NBA. Why? Who else can match that potential? Embiid Noel Saric MCW? That right there is one of the best collection of prospects since OKC.

Interesting that one can gain the mantle of "best franchises in the NBA" when three of one's four best players have never played a single minute in the NBA.

LOL - this is pretty funny.  Both Embiid and Noel are severe injury concerns and Saric is a HUGE ? - MCW is nice but he is playing with 3 guys that can't drink alcohol yet who've never logged an NBA minute and who have significant concerns for healthy careers.  ...but definitely one of the best NBA franchises.  Haha
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
No Garnett's to be traded in the near future.

Right, except that star players get traded pretty much every year; sometimes more than one get moved.

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
That "Marcus Banks 2.0" joke was funny about 46 usages ago.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 08:52:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
And we won't be tanking.
Define "much."
Much more talent. Much more ability. Possibly much more health. Much more experience. This year's team would crush last year's team
i agree in part. this year's team has more talent and health. i think what will sink their w/l record will be youthful inconsistency. too many rookies and sophomores to gel as a team. too many times too many young players will put a bad game after a good one, or a bad quarter after a good one.

i guess this year the celtics will resemble jeff green.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva