Author Topic: Bos/PHX/Min Trade Idea  (Read 3044 times)

Re: Bos/PHX/Min Trade Idea
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 11:11:32 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
You probably don't need a rim protector to win a championship. You probably don't need a 20 PPG scorer to win a championship either, but I think it helps.

Please count the number of championship teams without a rim protector and compare that to the number of championship teams without a 20ppg scorer.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 11:29:52 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Danny Ainge said Evan Turner will be a Celtic on Tuesday. This combined with Minnesota offering a max deal to Bledsoe but Phoenix not wanting to sign and trade with them sparked this idea.

Bos out: Bass, Bogans, Babb, Johnson and a first round pick
Bos in: Pekovic

PHX out: Bledsoe sign and traded on a max deal
PHX in: Bass, Bogans, Babb, Johnson and a first round pick

Min out: Pekovic
Min in: Bledsoe sign and traded on a max deal

Bos clears space for Turner while adding a starting caliber center.

Min clears cap space and gets their guy. They can roll full youth movement with Dieng at center.

PHX cuts ties with the disgruntled Bledsoe and gets a pick out of it. This clears the way for Zoran brother of Goran to play 2 guard. They can immediately waive Bogans, Babb, Johnson and keep Bass as an expiring for the year.
Just some thoughts on this trade proposal: 1) Pekovic is 28 which I don't think is too old. 2) Pekovic only works as a center defensively if you can combine him with an above the rim defensive power forward like Josh Smith. 3) Phoenix is not getting enough in this deal (I assume that the first round pick you want to give them is a less valuable one like the Clippers pick we own) I would bet that Phoenix asks for someone like Young to be included in the deal.

I agree with all of this. I think it would have to be a decent pick to get PHX to budge.

I think a follow up trade of Green, Anthony, Kelly to Det for Smith would be fun.
agree that Phx would have to get a little more but that extra value should come from Minny since they're getting a better player in Bledsoe for only Pekovic.  Not sure Minny owns another team's pick to throw into the deal -->there's would still be a lotto pick for a few years and too valuable for their rebuild to include in the deal.

as for the other deal, just say no to Josh.  just no.  we're left with Turner, Wallace and Young at SF which isn't good.  throwing in KO to that deal is overpaying as well.

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
It's all kind of a moot point now that Bledsoe has been resigned  :-X

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2014, 12:02:04 PM »

Offline Deezzyy

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5

PHX cuts ties with the disgruntled Bledsoe and gets a pick out of it. This clears the way for Zoran brother of Goran to Just some thoughts on this trade proposal: 1) Pekovic is 28 which I don't think is too old. 2) Pekovic only works as a center defensively if you can combine him with an above the rim defensive power forward like Josh Smith. A 4-5 rotation of Pekovic, Zeller, Sullinger and Olynyk would be weak on interior defense. 3) Phoenix is not getting enough in this deal (I assume that the first round pick you want to give them is a less valuable one like the Clippers pick we own). I would bet that Phoenix asks for someone like Young to be included in the deal.
[/quote]

How about a 3 team deal with bos/det/min

Boston gets: peck brewer and smith

Detroit gets: green Rubio Martin

Minnesota gets : thornton bass Jennings and sullinger
Maybe add clips 15 and a 2nd rounder for them to do it