Author Topic: Bos/PHX/Min Trade Idea  (Read 3050 times)

Bos/PHX/Min Trade Idea
« on: September 24, 2014, 03:26:45 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Danny Ainge said Evan Turner will be a Celtic on Tuesday. This combined with Minnesota offering a max deal to Bledsoe but Phoenix not wanting to sign and trade with them sparked this idea.

Bos out: Bass, Bogans, Babb, Johnson and a first round pick
Bos in: Pekovic

PHX out: Bledsoe sign and traded on a max deal
PHX in: Bass, Bogans, Babb, Johnson and a first round pick

Min out: Pekovic
Min in: Bledsoe sign and traded on a max deal

Bos clears space for Turner while adding a starting caliber center.

Min clears cap space and gets their guy. They can roll full youth movement with Dieng at center.

PHX cuts ties with the disgruntled Bledsoe and gets a pick out of it. This clears the way for Zoran brother of Goran to play 2 guard. They can immediately waive Bogans, Babb, Johnson and keep Bass as an expiring for the year.

Re: Bos/PHX/Min Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 03:35:14 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Pekovich is pushing 30 I believe. He is not worth a 1st round pick. That is mainly because acquiring him does not put us in a spot to immediately contend thus, making us the Atlanta Hawks with yearly 1st round exits. By the time we contend he would be on the decline or rsigning with someone else.

PS. I would love to have Pech just isnt i nthe long term plans

Source: Numerous threads on this particular kind of trade

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 03:39:02 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
He's the same age as Rondo and his contract would expire in 4 years  :P

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 03:45:43 PM »

• Jayson Tatum
He's the same age as Rondo and his contract would expire in 4 years  :P

So you should tell Danny to go trade for him

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »

• Jayson Tatum
we Need a rim protector not a rebounding machine.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
we Need a rim protector not a rebounding machine.

That's such a cliche statement. I'm over it.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 04:18:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

The team isn't nor is the reality of the basketball world.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 04:25:25 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

We shouldn't speak of the majestic "rim protector" as the Be-All and End-All to bring us back into contention. We need quality players with skill. Clearly DA doesn't view "Rim Protector" by the same definition as you otherwise we'd have one!

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 04:45:25 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Danny Ainge said Evan Turner will be a Celtic on Tuesday. This combined with Minnesota offering a max deal to Bledsoe but Phoenix not wanting to sign and trade with them sparked this idea.

Min clears cap space and gets their guy. They can roll full youth movement with Dieng at center.

PHX cuts ties with the disgruntled Bledsoe and gets a pick out of it. This clears the way for Zoran brother of Goran to play 2 guard. They can immediately waive Bogans, Babb, Johnson and keep Bass as an expiring for the year.
Just some thoughts on this trade proposal: 1) Pekovic is 28 which I don't think is too old. 2) Pekovic only works as a center defensively if you can combine him with an above the rim defensive power forward like Josh Smith. A 4-5 rotation of Pekovic, Zeller, Sullinger and Olynyk would be weak on interior defense. 3) Phoenix is not getting enough in this deal (I assume that the first round pick you want to give them is a less valuable one like the Clippers pick we own). I would bet that Phoenix asks for someone like Young to be included in the deal.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:53:07 PM by Irish Stew »

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 04:53:34 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

Just some thoughts on this trade proposal: 1) Pekovic is 28 which I don't think is too old. 2) Pekovic only works as a center defensively if you can combine him with an above the rim defensive power forward like Josh Smith. 3) Phoenix is not getting enough in this deal (I assume that the first round pick you want to give them is a less valuable one like the Clippers pick we own) I would bet that Phoenix asks for someone like Young to be included in the deal.

I agree with all of this. I think it would have to be a decent pick to get PHX to budge.

I think a follow up trade of Green, Anthony, Kelly to Det for Smith would be fun.

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 05:20:13 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
nice trade for all involved, TP for reasonableness

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 05:29:24 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

We shouldn't speak of the majestic "rim protector" as the Be-All and End-All to bring us back into contention. We need quality players with skill. Clearly DA doesn't view "Rim Protector" by the same definition as you otherwise we'd have one!

You probably don't need a rim protector to win a championship. You probably don't need a 20 PPG scorer to win a championship either, but I think it helps.

On the contrary, there are what, four legitimately great rim protectors  -- Ibaka, Sanders, Hibbert, Asik --  in the league today? Plus a couple of underrated ones -- Duncan, Taj Gibson, and David West --  and that's it. It's not as if anyone can walk out and pick up  a rim protector for a few bucks at the NBA general store.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 05:40:05 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think PHO would rather just have Pekovic than all of our spare parts so they could do the deal directly with Minni.  If Minni had to throw in a pick, they could do that but probably wouldn't.

I would not mind getting Pekovic, rim protector or not, but this trade doesn't seem to be the one to get him.

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 05:58:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Clearly DA doesn't view "Rim Protector" by the same definition as you otherwise we'd have one!

WRONG!   KG and Perk could block shots and protect the rim and low and behold we won a title. 

I think that we are no means close to contention and I think Ainge thinks that as well.   We are still developing assets and we are not in the final piece mode.

READ THIS!   

hen asked for the team’s needs this draft, Ainge specifically cited “rim protection,” meaning a defensive-minded post player. (The Celtics have one true center on their roster, rookie Vitor Faverani.) However, Ainge added, “then just quality, consistent play — the best players.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/03/25/danny-ainge-tells-celtics-season-ticket-holders-team-good-position/xmW45JYRhrLK4OVZcZjjEM/story.html

That is a qoute from the real DA, and not the one you like to pretend you know his thoughts.

Here is another :

GwashburnGlobe:
2014-06-30 18:46:51 UTC
Ainge on free agency: "The one glaring weakness that we don't have in a rim protector. We may or may not be able to acquire that.

So Ainge values rim protection, but as DOS said they are not easy to find.

So be cliche, saying Ainge doesn't like rim protectors has been proven "Dead as a doornail" but keep trying " Every dog has its day" and "Think outside the box" and you might make a point.

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
Clearly DA doesn't view "Rim Protector" by the same definition as you otherwise we'd have one!

WRONG!   KG and Perk could block shots and protect the rim and low and behold we won a title. 

I think that we are no means close to contention and I think Ainge thinks that as well.   We are still developing assets and we are not in the final piece mode.

READ THIS!   

hen asked for the team’s needs this draft, Ainge specifically cited “rim protection,” meaning a defensive-minded post player. (The Celtics have one true center on their roster, rookie Vitor Faverani.) However, Ainge added, “then just quality, consistent play — the best players.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/03/25/danny-ainge-tells-celtics-season-ticket-holders-team-good-position/xmW45JYRhrLK4OVZcZjjEM/story.html

That is a qoute from the real DA, and not the one you like to pretend you know his thoughts.

Here is another :

GwashburnGlobe:
2014-06-30 18:46:51 UTC
Ainge on free agency: "The one glaring weakness that we don't have in a rim protector. We may or may not be able to acquire that.

So Ainge values rim protection, but as DOS said they are not easy to find.

So be cliche, saying Ainge doesn't like rim protectors has been proven "Dead as a doornail" but keep trying " Every dog has its day" and "Think outside the box" and you might make a point.

Respect.