Author Topic: Bos/Det/OKC  (Read 3718 times)

Re: Bos/Det/OKC
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 06:08:55 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Every time over the last coupleof years that I've had a chance to see Josh Smith play,  I think to myself "tonight's the night I'll understand what some people like about Josh Smith".  And every time I end up scratching my head.  I don't want any part of him -- especially on a team where he'd be a lead scorer.  Cut his salary in half and tell him to play defense and rebound -- then maybe.

And Perk?  Is there a fan from any city other than Boston that would make a trade proposal that nets Perk?  He is a scowling third string center.  I realize we don't give up the farm in this proposed deal, but I don't get what the benefit would be.   If people think Smith here would keep Rondo here -- you do realize that is blind speculation.  They may be friends but Rondo may have other priorities.

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 06:12:24 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Every time over the last coupleof years that I've had a chance to see Josh Smith play,  I think to myself "tonight's the night I'll understand what some people like about Josh Smith".  And every time I end up scratching my head. 

Hahahahahaha
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 06:22:43 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Sully can stretch the floor by shooting 3's,

Wrong, he only shoots .28% from there.No team will guard him and just pack it in and let him shoot us out of games.

Problem is...who knows if any of these deals would be enough to keep Rondo in BOS.

Not if he wants to win with that roster.

Sully can shoot 3's! Don't care what his percentage was last year TBH. Been to plenty of games where he made 3's. Saw his shooting mechanics. With his weight loss, his 3pt% should improve. Read somewhere that a good percentage of his shots either hit front rim or back rim. He'll be able to get more lift in his jump shot.

But...Let's go with your theory that he cant shoot 3's...He's still pretty good as it pertains to midrange. That is still enough space to stretch the floor while Smith posts up. In Detroit, they had Drummond posting up, Monroe either posting up/shooting midrange, which meant not much opportunities for Smith to post up.