Author Topic: Beasley to the Grizzlies...  (Read 2019 times)

Beasley to the Grizzlies...
« on: September 23, 2014, 07:59:53 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Looks like Beasley is joining the Grizz on a nonguaranteed contract...Interesting move for him.

Free-agent forward Michael Beasley has agreed to join the Memphis Grizzlies in training camp on a non-guaranteed contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Yahoo! Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.JhHU4v17.dpuf

Beasley spent several days working out for Grizzlies this week and chose that offer because of an opportunity to make the roster as a backup power forward. Yahoo! Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.JhHU4v17.dpuf

Re: Beasley to the Grizzlies...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:24:52 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
one step closer…..

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 08:31:50 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Looks like Beasley is joining the Grizz on a nonguaranteed contract...Interesting move for him.

Free-agent forward Michael Beasley has agreed to join the Memphis Grizzlies in training camp on a non-guaranteed contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Yahoo! Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.JhHU4v17.dpuf

Beasley spent several days working out for Grizzlies this week and chose that offer because of an opportunity to make the roster as a backup power forward. Yahoo! Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.JhHU4v17.dpuf

The funny thing is the Grizzlies have desperately needed a SF to replace Rudy Gay and Prince who is clearly declining, and just had one of his worst career seasons.

If Beasley honestly is serious about getting a second chance, if he can step up, improve his defense to where it isn't a complete albatross on the floor, and at least work on his 3 point shooting. I don't see why he doesn't fill the needs the Grizzlies have needed in a long time. An athletic SF, who can defend taller ones, defend the 3 and 4, shoot the 3, and score is something the Grizzlies definitely need.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:45:57 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Good move for the Grizz. To think there was a time where this guy's name was uttered in the same breath as Rose... if only his head was in the right place. Maybe he'll bounce back like Gerald Green

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 10:23:33 PM »

Online jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Good move for the Grizz. To think there was a time where this guy's name was uttered in the same breath as Rose... if only his head was in the right place. Maybe he'll bounce back like Gerald Green

Yeah, I mean the guy has talent. I actually kind of like him as a player. If he ever was able to exert like 50% of the energy of a guy like Marcus Smart, he would be quite good. I just want to shake him to see if the focus can [re-]emerge in his game.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 11:44:13 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

The funny thing is the Grizzlies have desperately needed a SF to replace Rudy Gay and Prince who is clearly declining, and just had one of his worst career seasons.

If Beasley honestly is serious about getting a second chance, if he can step up, improve his defense to where it isn't a complete albatross on the floor, and at least work on his 3 point shooting. I don't see why he doesn't fill the needs the Grizzlies have needed in a long time. An athletic SF, who can defend taller ones, defend the 3 and 4, shoot the 3, and score is something the Grizzlies definitely need.
Second chance?  This is like the 5th chance.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 11:56:05 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
It is so disappointing seeing Michael Beasley waste his talent away.

He could be such a good player if he just worked on the basics defensively and passed the ball once in awhile. So much talent as a scorer. Can score in the post, can take his man off the dribble and get to the rim, midrange game, perimeter game, transition scoring. One of the most versatile and skilled scoring PFs in the league ... And, he puts so little effort into learning rest of game that he can't even handle a 20mpg role anywhere. Awful. Absolutely awful.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 12:38:34 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 01:42:10 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 01:44:04 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 03:12:42 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
sorry i didn't answer, been busy with work
one step closer to :
out of the league
europe
out of weed money
all the above  8)