Author Topic: Wyc: I don't know how coachable (Rondo) is  (Read 16045 times)

Re: Wyc: I don't know how coachable (Rondo) is
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 09:28:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
who wants to play with a guy that is known to be overly sensitive, can completely ignore a teammate and can possibly ruin the well being of a dressing room (Ray Allen situation).  I mean just bury the issue and move on, your teammates and have won a ring together for heaven's sake.

Ray Allen tried to make the situation better.  Doc Rivers probably was sicken by the drama (for a coach this kind of stuff is the last thing you need).

I can't say it was all bc of Rondo, Allen left, but i'm sure he was part of the reason why.

So what? You also realize Rondo was here first before Allen ever joined to form the Big 3 right?

Players have disputes with each other, and it happens. Most likely, this is what happened, Allen and Rondo probably got in some argument, and fought. Both men refused to grow up, and shake hands and move on. It happens. That was 3 years ago.

I don't care for Allen or Rondo's dispute, because it doesn't define who they are as players/leaders. Some players never forgive others, look at how Garnett has treated Allen now, ever since he defected to join the Heat. Weren't they brothers? As for being uncoachable or being a drama queen, ummmm...

Look at Kobe Bryant? Look at Michael Jordan? CP3? Deron Williams?

Sometimes its really hard for me to believe you have our best interests at heart, because you really seem to despise Rondo with sheer amount of hatred.

Certain types of players have certain personalities. Some personalities will never ever mesh, regardless of whether or not you want to admit it. I'm going to be honest off the bat. When Allen came here, I was extremely excited. But even when we won the championship, even though he PLAYED a huge role in it, I never ever felt like Allen was a true Celtic at heart. If anything it only solidified my adoring respect for KG, Rondo, and Pierce/Perkins, because they truly embodied that mentality of never giving up/sacrificing.

who cares who was here first?

Like i said, RA from what i read tried to bury the issue. It was mature Rondo that couldn't let it slide. 

geez just move on

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 09:49:46 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
who wants to play with a guy that is known to be overly sensitive, can completely ignore a teammate and can possibly ruin the well being of a dressing room (Ray Allen situation).  I mean just bury the issue and move on, your teammates and have won a ring together for heaven's sake.

Ray Allen tried to make the situation better.  Doc Rivers probably was sicken by the drama (for a coach this kind of stuff is the last thing you need).

I can't say it was all bc of Rondo, Allen left, but i'm sure he was part of the reason why.

So what? You also realize Rondo was here first before Allen ever joined to form the Big 3 right?

Players have disputes with each other, and it happens. Most likely, this is what happened, Allen and Rondo probably got in some argument, and fought. Both men refused to grow up, and shake hands and move on. It happens. That was 3 years ago.

I don't care for Allen or Rondo's dispute, because it doesn't define who they are as players/leaders. Some players never forgive others, look at how Garnett has treated Allen now, ever since he defected to join the Heat. Weren't they brothers? As for being uncoachable or being a drama queen, ummmm...

Sometimes its really hard for me to believe you have our best interests at heart, because you really seem to despise Rondo with sheer amount of hatred.

Certain types of players have certain personalities. Some personalities will never ever mesh, regardless of whether or not you want to admit it. I'm going to be honest off the bat. When Allen came here, I was extremely excited. But even when we won the championship, even though he PLAYED a huge role in it, I never ever felt like Allen was a true Celtic at heart. If anything it only solidified my adoring respect for KG, Rondo, and Pierce/Perkins, because they truly embodied that mentality of never giving up/sacrificing.

Like i said, RA from what i read tried to bury the issue. It was mature Rondo that couldn't let it slide. 

geez just move on
Triboy, there was a Jackie Mac article written two years ago, and it was with Keyon Dooling. Dooling said something along the lines of, "Rondo and Ray never fought in the locker room; we never knew about the disagreement until after the season." Allen was the real prick here. Both were too stubborn to resolve the situation, but Allen made it a big deal by taking a passive-aggressive approach through the media after the season- a season that Allen threw away with poor FT shooting and a bad attitude. (I still blame him for ECF game 2. He was 3-7 from the line.) Allen was not a true Celtic. Sure he bought in and was a good pro, but he's a good pro in Miami or Cleveland or Milwaukee. Rondo is unique. Someone on here once said something about leaders. (I'm paraphrasing here.) It doesn't matter what they do off the court as long as it's not illegal (for the most part). A leader is someone who goes, kicks the wazoo out of the other team, then goes home. That is a person you can get behind as a fan and a teammate. As long as Rondo stays tough as nails and kicks the wazoo out of the other team, it won't matter how quiet he is or what his reputation is- he's a leader.

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2014, 10:48:53 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If we had chris paul, doc prob would of stayed. Maybe wyc is still bitter that Doc left
I would take Rondo and Stevens over Paul and Doc any day.

In fact. He is no doctor. I refuse to call him Doc any more

TP !

Top 5 player and top 5 coach in Chris Paul and Doc vs top 20 (maybe) player and top 10 coach.
Not sure if you're serious.
Glenn Rivers is a cruddy coach. If you give him several of the best players in the game for several years he might get you one whole ring. Whoop de doo. Then he'll complain later, jump ship when he quits on you, and act all surprised that anyone gets upset about it. Give me Stevens any day.

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

geez just move on
Triboy, there was a Jackie Mac article written two years ago, and it was with Keyon Dooling. Dooling said something along the lines of, "Rondo and Ray never fought in the locker room; we never knew about the disagreement until after the season." Allen was the real prick here. Both were too stubborn to resolve the situation, but Allen made it a big deal by taking a passive-aggressive approach through the media after the season- a season that Allen threw away with poor FT shooting and a bad attitude. (I still blame him for ECF game 2. He was 3-7 from the line.) Allen was not a true Celtic. Sure he bought in and was a good pro, but he's a good pro in Miami or Cleveland or Milwaukee. Rondo is unique. Someone on here once said something about leaders. (I'm paraphrasing here.) It doesn't matter what they do off the court as long as it's not illegal (for the most part). A leader is someone who goes, kicks the wazoo out of the other team, then goes home. That is a person you can get behind as a fan and a teammate. As long as Rondo stays tough as nails and kicks the wazoo out of the other team, it won't matter how quiet he is or what his reputation is- he's a leader.

Rondo is not a leader. He has poor leadership skills.  You bury issues when your a leader. You try to get along with everyone on the team and try to win together as a team. Rondo on the other hand wants to do it all by himself these days (but plays shady defense).

The faster RR leaves and MS gets the chance to lead this team, the better we will be moving fwd imo

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2014, 11:09:52 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Yes, Marcus Smart is a born leader, just ask him. It's too bad though he couldn't rally the troops to halt that second half of a season meltdown they(Ok St) experienced. To be fair, he was suspended for three games for shoving that fan that insulted him, so you can't hold that against him...

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2014, 11:15:13 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

geez just move on

Rondo is not a leader. He has poor leadership skills.  You bury issues when your a leader. You try to get along with everyone on the team and try to win together as a team. Rondo on the other hand wants to do it all by himself these days (but plays shady defense).

The faster RR leaves and MS gets the chance to lead this team, the better we will be moving fwd imo

What am I reading?

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2014, 12:47:44 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
If we had chris paul, doc prob would of stayed. Maybe wyc is still bitter that Doc left
I would take Rondo and Stevens over Paul and Doc any day.

In fact. He is no doctor. I refuse to call him Doc any more

TP !

Top 5 player and top 5 coach in Chris Paul and Doc vs top 20 (maybe) player and top 10 coach.
Not sure if you're serious.
Glenn Rivers is a cruddy coach. If you give him several of the best players in the game for several years he might get you one whole ring. Whoop de doo. Then he'll complain later, jump ship when he quits on you, and act all surprised that anyone gets upset about it. Give me Stevens any day.

I don't know, I actually kind of enjoyed seeing the Celts win a first championship in 20 years.
I still believe that it would have been two titles in a row but for a terrible injury to Perk down the stretch of game 6 against the Lakers.  Not all on-court events are within the locus of a head coach's control.  By the way, it seems that Rivers is doing a nice job with the Clippers so far...

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2014, 12:48:26 AM »

Offline lurkerStrips

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

geez just move on

What am I reading?
hate from rondo's ex

i'll probably get banned, but it will be well worth it. i've had enough of him bashing rondo and treating him like trash. enough is enough man...

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2014, 12:50:08 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Yes, Marcus Smart is a born leader, just ask him. It's too bad though he couldn't rally the troops to halt that second half of a season meltdown they(Ok St) experienced. To be fair, he was suspended for three games for shoving that fan that insulted him, so you can't hold that against him...

Please feel free to cheap-shot our #1 draft pick, because he's like, you know, one of our own... ??? >:(

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2014, 12:54:59 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

geez just move on

What am I reading?
hate from rondo's ex

i'll probably get banned, but it will be well worth it. i've had enough of him bashing rondo and treating him like trash. enough is enough man...

He's expressing his long-held opinion.  I don't agree with that much of it, but I certainly see no problem with his expression of it here.  You're always free to refute or debunk what he claims here if you're so inclined, but I'm not sure that a childish insult is going to persuade the persuadable on this issue.

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2014, 01:13:02 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Please feel free to cheap-shot our #1 draft pick, because he's like, you know, one of our own... ??? >:(

Cheap shot? These are things that happened.

triboy stated that Rondo is terrible as a leader, and that as soon as he's replaced by Smart we'd be better off. What leadership abilities has Smart exhibited? All this leadership stuff is based off of puff pieces and interviews where he talks about himself.

Sure, OK St's second half slide may not have been his fault, and the fan shoving may just be an isolated incident. It just felt like pointing to ambiguous stuff like team struggles and locker room bickering, and holding it up as facts to push an agenda was par for the course here. :-\ :( 8)

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2014, 04:18:11 AM »

Offline lurkerStrips

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
You're right Sixth Man, that was very childish of me. Sorry triboy. You have every right to say what you think is right.

You're wrong about one thing though, Sixth Man. There's no persuading triboy about Rondo. He just doesn't like Rondo.

I'll be more careful with what I say next time.

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2014, 06:45:52 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Aren't Rondo and Brad Stevens hitting it off on a Best Friends Forever level?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2014, 06:54:15 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

This seems like a pretty distorted view of what happened with the team. You seem to be basing your opinions on some sort of "I don't know what happened so it must have all been Rondo's fault" type of logic, similar to your "other players came to the Celts because of the big 3 and not Rondo, even if they claimed Rondo was involved in the decision". You should check out what people like Doc or KG said about Ray after he left and compare that to what they've said about Rondo after they left the team.

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2014, 07:16:46 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'd love to see your list of leaders who bury issues, try to get along with everyone and never try to do it all by themselves. Easy pickings for players who don't fit in that category start with Bird, MJ, LeBron, Kobe and Shaq. No leadership there...  ...and how ridiculous is it that the only player besides Stockton, Magic and Oscar to average 11+ assists 3 straight seasons "wants to do it all by himself"?