Author Topic: WYC/Ainge/Stevens speak on Celtics (players, training camp, etc)  (Read 13276 times)

Re: WYC/Ainge/Stevens speak on Celtics (players, training camp, etc)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 12:04:04 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Marcus Smart is gonna play so well that they will be changing that tune. And IMHO I do think Rondo will be gone, but for what is the million dollar question. Id rather him leave than take back salary just for the sake of getting "promising young guys". No I say one option is to trade to a western conference team him and get 3-4 future picks; even if the picks don't start till 2019. And only take back expiring or expiring deals that end with Wallace's contract does....That is sure to be better than nothing.

TP.. Look at Gordon Hayward's rookie season compared to now. Went from doing nothing on a losing team to securing a Max contract right after his rookie contract. Not everyone is a Damien Lillard right out of college..  We'd be sorry if we trade KO IMO that man has too much talent. The upside is higher then many might believe. Even if Smart scores 7 PPg and 3AST.. by no means does that indicate what his future holds.  The hting is that once your  watch your favorite team get a chip, your hungry to get right back in contention. Jeff Green is my faavorite Celtic believe it or not. Im actually pretty hi on Turner aw well

Would rather build around Rondo.

I think expectations for Marcus Smart are becoming way too high.

He might be great, he might be okay and he might suck.

We just don't know.

I guess in a year from now we'll have a better idea of whether or not Smart is "THE FUTURE."

Isn't that the name of the game around here? There's always a tendency to put these ridiculously high expectations on players and then call them busts when they don't live up to it. Look at last offseason with Jeff Green, so many people were saying he was going to be a 20-25ppg guy, it didn't happen, and the "Trade Jeff Green" threads started to pop up. Then there was the faction of posters comparing Kelly Olynyk to Larry Bird and/or Dirk Nowitzki. Why not just let players play and see how they turn out before proclaiming them the next great hope?

TP.. Look at Gordon Hayward's rookie season compared to now. Went from doing nothing on a losing team to securing a Max contract right after his rookie contract. Not everyone is a Damien Lillard right out of college..  We'd be sorry if we trade KO IMO that man has too much talent. The upside is higher then many might believe. Even if Smart scores 7 PPg and 3AST.. by no means does that indicate what his future holds.  The thing is that once your  watch your favorite team get a chip, your hungry to get right back to contention. Jeff Green is my favorite Celtic believe it or not. Im actually pretty high on Turner as well

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 01:50:39 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Marcus Smart is gonna play so well that they will be changing that tune. And IMHO I do think Rondo will be gone, but for what is the million dollar question. Id rather him leave than take back salary just for the sake of getting "promising young guys". No I say one option is to trade to a western conference team him and get 3-4 future picks; even if the picks don't start till 2019. And only take back expiring or expiring deals that end with Wallace's contract does....That is sure to be better than nothing.

TP.. Look at Gordon Hayward's rookie season compared to now. Went from doing nothing on a losing team to securing a Max contract right after his rookie contract. Not everyone is a Damien Lillard right out of college..  We'd be sorry if we trade KO IMO that man has too much talent. The upside is higher then many might believe. Even if Smart scores 7 PPg and 3AST.. by no means does that indicate what his future holds.  The hting is that once your  watch your favorite team get a chip, your hungry to get right back in contention. Jeff Green is my faavorite Celtic believe it or not. Im actually pretty hi on Turner aw well

We just don't know.

I guess in a year from now we'll have a better idea of whether or not Smart is "THE FUTURE."

Isn't that the name of the game around here? There's always a tendency to put these ridiculously high expectations on players and then call them busts when they don't live up to it. Look at last offseason with Jeff Green, so many people were saying he was going to be a 20-25ppg guy, it didn't happen, and the "Trade Jeff Green" threads started to pop up. Then there was the faction of posters comparing Kelly Olynyk to Larry Bird and/or Dirk Nowitzki. Why not just let players play and see how they turn out before proclaiming them the next great hope?

TP.. Look at Gordon Hayward's rookie season compared to now. Went from doing nothing on a losing team to securing a Max contract right after his rookie contract. Not everyone is a Damien Lillard right out of college..  We'd be sorry if we trade KO IMO that man has too much talent. The upside is higher then many might believe. Even if Smart scores 7 PPg and 3AST.. by no means does that indicate what his future holds.  The thing is that once your  watch your favorite team get a chip, your hungry to get right back to contention. Jeff Green is my favorite Celtic believe it or not. Im actually pretty high on Turner as well
IMHO the expectations are not high enough for this years C's draft picks. Many times James Young has been looked over by bloggers or just thrown in as a trade filler or projected as a bench player. I personally believe that he will be our starting shooting guard minimum 1-2 years from now.

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I can't wait for the people who are about to make new threads on trading RR after seeing Wyc say he is stubborn and doesn't know if he's coachable, of course it would be ignoring everything else he said about wanting him to stay (in fact he reiterated that he wants him to stay). Lol what fun!

Anyway,  I can't wait for the season to start!  I just want to see progression no matter how the season ends up. I'm looking forward to seeing my boy AB prove a LOT of people wrong! Let's go Celtics!!!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 02:01:52 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

We just don't know.

IMHO the expectations are not high enough for this years C's draft picks. Many times James Young has been looked over by bloggers or just thrown in as a trade filler or projected as a bench player. I personally believe that he will be our starting shooting guard minimum 1-2 years from now.
better odds of him being the starting SF in 2 years after Green, Wallace and Turner are off their deals and out of town.

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 02:10:52 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Is this a shot at Jackie Mac??

Jay King ?@ByJayKing  21m
Ainge on Rondo rumors: "Very credible people have made things up and that even makes it worse."
that's what popped into my head too.  If not specifically her then she's certainly in the collective group he's referring to as 'credible people'
My thoughts too.

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 02:14:16 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
if that was a shot at Jackie McMullin that's a shame and even more reason for me to continue to despise ESPN. she was set up by ESPN who has to resort to setting her up in order to get a story because they're horrible at being reporters and doing the work themselves. they should stick to doing highlights because their not reporters and for the love of god most(if not all) of their analysts should never be asked their opinion on subjects like Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson.

this actually has me pretty p'd off!. 

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 02:30:51 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The question is still, and has always been, who has more to lose by being deceptive and/or disingenuous in casual professional discourse: Jackie McMullan or Danny Ainge?

Add salt accordingly.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 02:39:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
if that was a shot at Jackie McMullin that's a shame and even more reason for me to continue to despise ESPN. she was set up by ESPN who has to resort to setting her up in order to get a story because they're horrible at being reporters and doing the work themselves. they should stick to doing highlights because their not reporters and for the love of god most(if not all) of their analysts should never be asked their opinion on subjects like Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson.

this actually has me pretty p'd off!.

How was she set up? They didn't force words into her mouth. She's been on that show plenty of times and they regularly post "behind the scenes" clips on YouTube. If she didn't want to put it out there, she shouldn't have said it.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Scott Souza ?@scott_souza  14m
#Celtics president Danny Ainge: Evan Turner will be a Celtic on Tuesday.

Maybe I'm trying too hard to see something, but the numbers work in a Bos/PHX/Min deal where PHX signs and trades Bledsoe for a max deal to Min, Min sends Pekovic to Bos, and Bos sends Bass, Bogans, Babb, and Johnson and a pick to PHX.

This clears space for Turner.  8)

Min gets their guy.

Just for thoroughness, PHX clears the way for Zoran brother of Goran to play 2 guard.  :P
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:35:06 PM by number_n9ne »

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 04:44:57 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Scott Souza ?@scott_souza  14m
#Celtics president Danny Ainge: Evan Turner will be a Celtic on Tuesday.

Maybe I'm trying too hard to see something, but the numbers work in a Bos/PHX/Min deal where PHX signs and trades Bledsoe for a max deal to Min, Min sends Pekovic to Bos, and Bos sends Bass, Bogans, Babb, and Johnson and a pick to PHX.

This clears space for Turner.  8)

Min gets their guy.

Just for thoroughness, PHX clears the way for Zoran brother of Goran to play 2 guard.  :P

That would be a nice, late offseason surprise though I wouldn't expect it from Saunders.

He seems to have a grudge with trading any talent to Boston.

Also, I would think Phoenix would want more in return for Bledsoe.

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 07:38:18 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
The question is still, and has always been, who has more to lose by being deceptive and/or disingenuous in casual professional discourse: Jackie McMullan or Danny Ainge?

Add salt accordingly.

Danny's not the only one who's disagreed with Jackie. Pretty much all of the statements by any of the relevant parties before or after her claim do.

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 09:47:19 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Add salt accordingly.

Danny's not the only one who's disagreed with Jackie. Pretty much all of the statements by any of the relevant parties before or after her claim do.

Don't worry, I don't think your binkie is going anywhere. Unless he loses his starting gig to Fab Melo.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 10:00:42 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Add salt accordingly.

That's not the question.

The question is, did Rondo tell the Celtics "I want out".  Not "I want out if the team doesn't get better".  Not "I want out if I don't get a max contract".  But "I want out" with the clear implication that it's trade him or else.

Mike

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 10:03:03 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Jay King ?@ByJayKing  14m
Ainge on offseason: There were things that were tempting that we didn't do. Said he's happy about that.

Hm.

I know right?  For once can we just get a tidbit about trades that didn't happen?  That would make for fantastic "what if" scenarios and discussions/debates on the forums
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 10:15:52 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Add salt accordingly.

Don't worry, I don't think your binkie is going anywhere. Unless he loses his starting gig to Fab Melo.

Does that make Jackie your binkie? At least I'm not in a position of diligently defending her claim when you don't really seem to believe that it's true and accurate.