Author Topic: Smart/Thornton for Sanders/Knight  (Read 5579 times)

Re: Smart/Thornton for Sanders/Knight
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 08:46:37 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
This trade proposal aside, I just realized I'd trade our roster for the Bucks roster in a heartbeat.

Ugh.

Reading these forums, you would think the Celtics are the worst team in the NBA with their prospects viewed nothing more than garbage.
Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
oh so true.

TBH, I think the Bucks severely underachieved last year based on their roster.  they should have had a better record than the C's.  I would appear to be in the small minority based on the threads here that think the Bucks will finish with a better record than the C's this year.  They still have more NBA-caliber players than the C's and have added the go-to scorer they needed in Parker.

depth chart:
knight  / bayless/ marshall
mayo / giannis/ wolters
parker / dudley / middleton / inglis
henson / ilyasova / o'bryant
sanders/ zaza

that's a much better team than the C's will be trotting out this year. 

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 09:09:15 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
This trade proposal aside, I just realized I'd trade our roster for the Bucks roster in a heartbeat.

Ugh.

Reading these forums, you would think the Celtics are the worst team in the NBA with their prospects viewed nothing more than garbage.

It's not far from the truth.

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 10:16:36 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Ugh.

It's not far from the truth.

You're right they're not the worst team...They just fall somewhere in the bottom 3 to 5.

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Ugh.

I said nothing like that - but do you think we could realistically trade for Jabari Parker right now, using only the players on our current roster? If we offered our entire roster for Parker, Giannis, et al. you think the Bucks would jump at the offer?

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 12:58:35 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

Ugh.

Me too a little. Although if if it includes Kidd I'm out :) Milwaukee has been worse longer than we have. If we bottom out this year we'd look about as good. Think about:

Rondo
AB
Green
Sully
Okafor

Smart/KO/Zeller/Turner off the bench.

Probably close if you consider Jabari hasn't played a game and Giannis isn't even a starting caliber NBA player yet. If Jabari turns in to Melo 2.0 then they probably have the edge :)

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 01:33:13 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Ugh.

I said nothing like that - but do you think we could realistically trade for Jabari Parker right now, using only the players on our current roster? If we offered our entire roster for Parker, Giannis, et al. you think the Bucks would jump at the offer?

So because of those players, the Bucks have a much brighter the Celtics right? The only person I want is Jabari, everyone else I prefer the Celtics players over. I'm just tired of people on this forum continue to downplay the Celtics players while upholding other teams. I'm not pointing at specifically, though if you say something like you would trade the entire roster for a roster that has just as many question marks it's pretty much the same as saying my prospects suck! Like the poster said above me the grass always greener on the other side.

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 01:56:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Ugh.

Me too a little. Although if if it includes Kidd I'm out :) Milwaukee has been worse longer than we have. If we bottom out this year we'd look about as good. Think about:

Rondo
AB
Green
Sully
Okafor

Probably close if you consider Jabari hasn't played a game and Giannis isn't even a starting caliber NBA player yet. If Jabari turns in to Melo 2.0 then they probably have the edge :)
that's assuming Green doesn't opt out after this year or if he did that Danny would resign him.

adding Okafor to this team improves the outlook dramatically.  of course, the same would be said for whichever team gets him in the next draft

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 01:59:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The only person I want is Jabari, everyone else I prefer the Celtics players over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco

Must be nice to see things that green ..  I think Sanders is clearly better than our bigs and perhaps even Henson.

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 03:18:27 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Ugh.

Rondo
AB
Green
Sully
Okafor

Yeah, I intentionally left our picks out of the discussion - those are really valuable. And I think we have a big edge in the front office too.

So because of those players, the Bucks have a much brighter the Celtics right? The only person I want is Jabari, everyone else I prefer the Celtics players over. I'm just tired of people on this forum continue to downplay the Celtics players while upholding other teams. I'm not pointing at specifically, though if you say something like you would trade the entire roster for a roster that has just as many question marks it's pretty much the same as saying my prospects suck! Like the poster said above me the grass always greener on the other side.

I think the C's have a brighter future overall because of the picks, coaching and Danny.

But in terms of the players alone - I don't think it's controversial to say that Parker is a huge asset right now, and trumps anything we have. Giannis is also a pretty hot prospect - more so than any of our young guys other than Smart, I'd say.

I say this as a guy who likes Rondo as much as anyone on this board not named Tim. I'm also a big fan of Smart and Sullinger. But I think the Bucks roster - mostly because of Parker - is significantly more valuable than ours right now.

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 04:52:57 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Ugh.

Rondo
AB
Green
Sully
Okafor

Yeah, I intentionally left our picks out of the discussion - those are really valuable. And I think we have a big edge in the front office too.

I think the C's have a brighter future overall because of the picks, coaching and Danny.

But in terms of the players alone - I don't think it's controversial to say that Parker is a huge asset right now, and trumps anything we have. Giannis is also a pretty hot prospect - more so than any of our young guys other than Smart, I'd say.

I say this as a guy who likes Rondo as much as anyone on this board not named Tim. I'm also a big fan of Smart and Sullinger. But I think the Bucks roster - mostly because of Parker - is significantly more valuable than ours right now.

To me Giannis all hype right now. Yes he's a physical freak, but he needs substance something that the Celtics players (the younglings) have right now. While I prefer Jabari over the Celtics players (except Rondo  ;).) I wouldn't prefer the Bucks roster, because of Jabari alone. Their players have a lot more to prove than the Celtics In my opinion.