Poll

Pick your favorite Rondo trade

Rondo to LAL for Randle/Nash
Rondo to CHA for Walker/Vonleh/Biyombo
Rondo to DET for Monroe/Jennings
Rondo to PHX for Bledsoe (and parts)
Rondo to SAC for McLemore (and picks)
Don't trade him and hope he resigns (assume at the maximum)

Author Topic: Pick your favorite Rondo trade  (Read 768 times)

Pick your favorite Rondo trade
« on: September 22, 2014, 01:19:36 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Ok so I went through and considered some trades I'd seen for Rondo. I want to get an idea of what everyone thinks our best value for Rondo might be. I'd like to keep him but I know there is a better than slim chance we end up trading him. I listed these trades of all of the ones I'd seen because I think they are plausible.

In coming up with the above trades I ruled out stuff like: "Rondo to Minny for Wiggins". Rondo is never resigning there and MIN would never do that even if he was. I also ignored stuff like "Rondo to NYK or HOU for scraps" because I don't think either of those teams have enough to offer. Just if you were curious why your "Rondo for Harris/Jennings" trade didn't make it. I know that's opinion based but, you know, I started the thread.

That being said, I'm absolutely willing, actually hoping, to add trade ideas to the votes. Please just make them reasonable value for both sides. If you come up with something HOU can offer that seems fair I will happily add it. I'd also be somewhat disappointed I didn't see it first :)

If you don't think the current trade ideas up there are fair or worthwhile, I guess you can post that. I don't see why you would though.

A couple of guidelines for suggesting trades:

Don't suggest trades with anyone in the top 15. They aren't being traded for Rondo. Sorry. I'm sad about it too.
Don't just pick players you want for Rondo. Check salaries in the trade machine and/or rumors about teams liking Rondo.

For the record I'm voting for the resign option. I'm just bored and want some community sourced trade ideas about the team I love.

Re: Pick your favorite Rondo trade
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 01:22:39 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Out of the options, I'd trade him for Bledsoe and parts, but that's only because I don't think resigning him at his max is a good idea.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Re: Pick your favorite Rondo trade
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 01:40:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I go with the final option.