Author Topic: Question for League Pass customers who live in New England...  (Read 1372 times)

Question for League Pass customers who live in New England...
« on: September 22, 2014, 11:22:06 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
Hey gang!  So I've managed to do the unimaginable for the past two years: I've gone without cable TV!  This also means I've gone without consistently following the Celtics for the past two years.  :'( 

I am considering purchasing Leage Pass this season, but I live in New England and am aware that Celtics local coverage will be blacked out as a result.  However, I am hoping that I can watch the opposing team's coverage of Celtics games without it being blacked out.  Do any of you have League Pass and live in New England?  If so, will I be able to watch the opposing team's coverage, or does this get blacked out as well?  Any knowledgeable responses will win an easy Tommy Point.   ;D

Re: Question for League Pass customers who live in New England...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:41:41 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
We had a thread on this not too long ago. The consensus was that any game featuring the Celtics would be blacked out, I believe.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 11:54:22 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
That is such a bummer...seems criminal that cable companies can charge an arm and a leg when all you want is one channel.  Thanks for the input, TP for you  :)

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 12:51:24 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
There's multiple online sources to watch the games as they are streamed live. It's illegal and I cant tell you where to go.  But I can tell you they do exist and are not hard to find.

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 01:25:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
You can set up a VPN to mask your IP Address (make it look like you are in a different area) and get around the blackout:  http://youtu.be/Y2omGwDMNMw ... Probably more legal than streaming those illegal streams.  You probably could even just use a free proxy, but then I think you'd run until speed issues that you will probably not have with a good paid VPN service.  League pass broadband is amazing, btw.

If you do some other searching online, people have used some variation of that method to do weird things like make it seem like they are in another country when they sign up for NFL's streaming service and then use it on their roku devices... VPNs are interesting... I've never used one personally , but I know there are tons out there.  You might want to do some research on best VPN services

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 01:34:19 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
There's multiple online sources to watch the games as they are streamed live. It's illegal and I cant tell you where to go.  But I can tell you they do exist and are not hard to find.

Yeah, I've found these before quite easily, but I hate the illegal aspect, and I am becoming increasingly paranoid that I will end up with a virus from all the tricky pop ups...

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 01:38:10 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
We had a thread on this not too long ago. The consensus was that any game featuring the Celtics would be blacked out, I believe.

Yup. A few weeks ago I had mentioned that I have DISH Network and that DISH dropped CSNNE which really sucks.

So, I also looked into League Pass and I also got an identical response which is if you live in the Boston market, both home and away feeds of Celtics will be blacked out because of the geographical proximity to CSNNE.

So, eithere way, we're screwed.

Fortunately, my brother has Comcast and will just watch the games at his house til Dish and CSNNE get their heads out of their........