Author Topic: LA Clippers to sign Joe Ingles  (Read 1454 times)

LA Clippers to sign Joe Ingles
« on: September 21, 2014, 10:42:54 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11536393/joe-ingles-australian-national-team-agrees-1-year-deal-los-angeles-clippers

One of Adelaide's finest ever basketballers finally gets his shot. I had expected he would go to Philadelphia but happy to see him go to the Clips instead.

With 34 y.o. Matt Barnes and 35 y.o. Hedo Türkoglu as his primary competition for minutes at SF, I think he's got a good chance of becoming a solid part of the rotation. Can play SG as well.

He doesn't force things on offense, good passer, can handle the ball and a decent defender. His role with LA could be similar to the one he had with Maccabi Tel Aviv last season - a contributor off the bench. Can't wait to see him out there.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

Re: LA Clippers to sign Joe Ingles
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 10:51:01 PM »

fitzhickey

The more Aussies in the NBA the better  ;D

I hope he gets a good amount of minutes

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 12:46:57 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
The more Aussies in the NBA the better  ;D

I hope he gets a good amount of minutes

With Brock Motum apparently signing a guaranteed 1 year deal with the Jazz last month, just need Aron Baynes to get a contract somewhere and there will be 8 Aussies in the NBA.

Andrew Bogut
Patty Mills
Aron Baynes
Matthew Dellavedova
Dante Exum
Brock Motum
Cameron Bairstow
Joe Ingles
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 08:48:13 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I am really rooting for the Clips to sink this year. I know its a long shot, but something similar to the Knicks this year.
I know some of you are rooting for Ingles, and I mean no disrespect, but I really hope he's the Anti Christ(watched the Omen3 last night).
I can't help it I am greedy and want a lottery pick out of this.

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 11:02:36 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
I am really rooting for the Clips to sink this year. I know its a long shot, but something similar to the Knicks this year.
I know some of you are rooting for Ingles, and I mean no disrespect, but I really hope he's the Anti Christ(watched the Omen3 last night).
I can't help it I am greedy and want a lottery pick out of this.

lol, I'd like that draft pick to be decent as well but you're dreaming if you think it has any chance of being in the lottery - barring a season ending injury to Paul or Griffin.

If you're the future Celtics owner I'd love for the current Clippers owner to go to your place and enthusiastically tell you Joe Ingles is not the 'Anti Christ'  ;)

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 11:06:02 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
Will Charles and Caroline and Laura be attending the games?  ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis