Author Topic: Would you make this trade?  (Read 4565 times)

Re: Would you make this trade?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 11:38:28 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
I remember reading somewhere the morris brothers took paycuts so they can stay on phoenix together. Morris bros. are too upcoming to trade for Bass ESPECIALLY if there not making a legit playoff run. At most BAss could possibly help them is secure a playoff spot and even that is a long shot.. Rondo and Dragic together.. well lets just say i  don see Dragic guarding  Joe Johnson anytime soon
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:45:34 AM by CelticsFanFromNYC »

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 01:37:48 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't see this trade as likely because I don't think Bledsoe is worth committing to when we have Smart.

I don't get the comments that are along the lines of "I would rather just sign Rondo" or "we should just build around Rondo".  If it was that simple to "just sign Rondo", there would be no trade rumors.  Rondo is going to become an unrestricted FA and play the field.  Rondo will decide whether he wants to stay and be built around, not Ainge.

Is it smart to stand pat (not trade Rondo) and just hope he decides to come back?

At this point, it appears that an off season trade of Rondo is very unlikely.  It looks like we are going to start the season with Rondo, see what he has, see what the team has, and the trade talk will escalate all over again until the trade deadline. 

As the term of the rental diminishes, I am not sure what we are going to be able to get for him.  It is kind of a rock and a hard place.  Trade Rondo for what appears to be less than full value or wait and potentially seem him walk for nothing.

Or I guess some will say "just sign rondo"; wait for all the FA to flock to Boston to play with Rondo, see Tyler Zeller and others become fringe stars because of all the brilliant passes Rondo will make, and just sit back and count the titles.

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 01:44:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't see this trade as likely because I don't think Bledsoe is worth committing to when we have Smart.

I don't get the comments that are along the lines of "I would rather just sign Rondo" or "we should just build around Rondo".  If it was that simple to "just sign Rondo", there would be no trade rumors.  Rondo is going to become an unrestricted FA and play the field.  Rondo will decide whether he wants to stay and be built around, not Ainge.

Is it smart to stand pat (not trade Rondo) and just hope he decides to come back?

At this point, it appears that an off season trade of Rondo is very unlikely.  It looks like we are going to start the season with Rondo, see what he has, see what the team has, and the trade talk will escalate all over again until the trade deadline. 

As the term of the rental diminishes, I am not sure what we are going to be able to get for him.  It is kind of a rock and a hard place.  Trade Rondo for what appears to be less than full value or wait and potentially seem him walk for nothing.

Or I guess some will say "just sign rondo"; wait for all the FA to flock to Boston to play with Rondo, see Tyler Zeller and others become fringe stars because of all the brilliant passes Rondo will make, and just sit back and count the titles.

The issue with just dealing Rondo for pennies on the dollar however is you don't know what kind of market there will be for him next summer.

I am not convinced that he's going to have dozens of teams waiting to offer him either a max deal or something close to it.

And that's not a knock on Rondo, by the way.

I just think he's more useful to the Celts right now as a free agent draw and as the senior player on the roster than he is to another team.

Remember if DA keeps Rondo through the season and he doesn't end up resigning here next summer, sign and trades are still an option.

I would just think that if a deal involving Rondo for Bledsoe was going to happen, it would've happened by now.

Bledsoe has been a restricted free agent, available for the taking all summer along, yet all we hear is crickets.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:50:16 PM by gpap »

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 02:01:26 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No chance I do this. We give up Rondo, an expiring, and a first round pick? Not only do we give up the best player in the deal but we also give up Bass and a first for Morris? Huh?