Author Topic: Who would you pick? Alexander or Harrell? (Undersized center)  (Read 20276 times)

Re: Who would you pick? Alexander or Harrell? (Undersized center)
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2014, 06:26:53 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Cauley-Stein?

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2014, 10:49:32 PM »

Offline jwmann2

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
 I don't think KG is an accurate comparison to Montrezl Harrell. He's more like a Kenneth Faried. Not that great of a shooter but has a knack for rebounding and has a motor that just doesn't stop.

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2014, 11:01:11 PM »

Offline jwmann2

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Cauley-Stein?
No way. I don't see how anyone would consider this guy a possibility to be a dominant NBA player. Good defensively but that's about it.

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2014, 11:10:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't think KG is an accurate comparison to Montrezl Harrell. He's more like a Kenneth Faried. Not that great of a shooter but has a knack for rebounding and has a motor that just doesn't stop.

Harrell is a better shooter than Faried.  Faried can't shoot if his life depended on it. Harrell can make the open 2. He has really improved vs 1st year in college. 

But yeah, overall kind of similar in terms of size, explosiveness, above the rim, go all out style.  Harrell has a longer 7'4 wingspan, 8'11 reach but Faried is slightly more explosive and quicker.

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Having watched both play season I think Harrell looks more and more like a Paul Milsap style 4/3. He is going to be a really good pro but a bad fit for the current Cs roster. He would be great on the Kings next to cousins. Alexander is a tough prospect to peg he is good at alot but great at nothing. Good size at PF, good athleticism not super skilled. I think he should stay in college 1 year to further develop. That said the season is young maybe he picks it up as the season goes on and is a more explosive sully, I just dont see it yet. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2014, 10:49:03 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Having watched both play season I think Harrell looks more and more like a Paul Milsap style 4/3. He is going to be a really good pro but a bad fit for the current Cs roster. He would be great on the Kings next to cousins. Alexander is a tough prospect to peg he is good at alot but great at nothing. Good size at PF, good athleticism not super skilled. I think he should stay in college 1 year to further develop. That said the season is young maybe he picks it up as the season goes on and is a more explosive sully, I just dont see it yet.
thanks for the update cfan. you have watched alexander and i have not, so i have a question for you about him.

i know he is not tall, but his standing reach is the same as olly's standing reach. plus alexander seems to be able to jump well. do you think he has the strength and athletic ability to play the center position in the nba?

thanks, i'll hang up and listen now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2014, 07:30:32 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
thanks for the update cfan. you have watched alexander and i have not, so i have a question for you about him.

i know he is not tall, but his standing reach is the same as olly's standing reach. plus alexander seems to be able to jump well. do you think he has the strength and athletic ability to play the center position in the nba?

I think he definitely does.  Dude is a mountain of muscle, and while a 6'9" center is never ideal, his reach does help mitigate some of that.

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2014, 07:31:14 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I dont think he will be able to play anything more then spot backup minutes at the 5 on a good team. I dont think he will be able to provide much rim protection in the NBA. Physically he reminds me a lot of Bass just 1.5" taller. They seem to be similar athletes with similar length. Alexander is currently averaging 1.5blks per which is about what Bass averaged in college. The leads me to the rhetorical question of "How good would a 6'9 (not 6'7.5") Bass be as an NBA center?". Another comp might be JJ Hickson at center. He has some good matchups to watch coming up, tonight at 9 VS Florida (they lack a dominat big but have high prospect Walker and Al Horford young brother), the 10th Vs Georgetown (and giant Josh Smith) and the 13th VS Utah (they have potential 1st rd pick 7' Jakob Poeltl) 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 07:40:40 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »

Offline dwoumn

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
Cauley-Stein?
No way. I don't see how anyone would consider this guy a possibility to be a dominant NBA player. Good defensively but that's about it.

Did you see Cauley-Stein against Texas, who have very good bigs? Cauley-Stein is only 21 and still has room to grow but could be an answer for the Celtics. If Cauley-Stein can be close to his comparison Tyson Chandler, then he can be a decent role player down the line and a backup to Zeller. Not only would he be a decent backup but a complement to Sully and Olynyk. Very good defender both on ball and off the ball, athletic, and could work well with Rondo in the P&R. Celtics need to seriously be following him through the college season.

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 02:48:14 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Cauley-Stein?

Did you see Cauley-Stein against Texas, who have very good bigs? Cauley-Stein is only 21 and still has room to grow but could be an answer for the Celtics. If Cauley-Stein can be close to his comparison Tyson Chandler, then he can be a decent role player down the line and a backup to Zeller. Not only would he be a decent backup but a complement to Sully and Olynyk. Very good defender both on ball and off the ball, athletic, and could work well with Rondo in the P&R. Celtics need to seriously be following him through the college season.

He was great in that game and would be a nice complement to Sully and Olynyk as you said.  I'm hoping for more with our draft pick, but if we finish in the late lottery, I think he'd be a good pick for us.

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 02:56:46 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Cauley-Stein?

I don't know anyone who thinks he will be a 'dominant' NBA center.  However, the Celts need a defender/rim protector/rebounder. 

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2014, 03:09:10 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
What a dumb play by Turner

Who would you pick Alexander or Harrell Undersized center
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2014, 08:46:57 PM »

Offline R19Pa

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
LB/DE Chase Thomas - fine, fine college player, but I just dont see how you fit him in a 4-3 defense. Probably as a SLB, but hes not a great fit there IMO.  Id actually maybe use him as an undersized DE as hes an incredibly saavy pass rusher.

Re: Who would you pick Alexander or Harrell Undersized center
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2014, 08:52:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
LB/DE Chase Thomas - fine, fine college player, but I just dont see how you fit him in a 4-3 defense. Probably as a SLB, but hes not a great fit there IMO.  Id actually maybe use him as an undersized DE as hes an incredibly saavy pass rusher.
that's nice. now take a second to look at which blog this is.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2014, 10:08:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We got to get this guy with one of our picks.  Now he has become a sharpshooter. All kidding aside, he has gone from a bad shooter to a decent one.  Plus all the other crazy things he will do on the court to help a team win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHnAKaNPMJ8