Author Topic: Jameis Winston  (Read 4053 times)

Jameis Winston
« on: September 21, 2014, 12:02:44 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
so what exactly was achieved by his suspension? He was on the sideline, the TV broadcast was overwhelmingly about him with various shots of him throughout the game, he was part of the victory and part of the celebration. If he was indeed suspended for the game, why was he on the sideline?

By the way, I don't think he should have been suspended.

Re: Jameis Winston
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 12:36:40 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Agreed. Their coaches were wishing for FSU to still win big to show Jameis that he's not as valuable as he think he is. They still won but barely so Jameis still thinks he's the (crap); the suspension didn't work.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:42:37 AM by indeedproceed »
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 12:42:58 AM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
https://vine.co/v/O7B00X5Ozqm

he showed up before the game started wearing full pads like he was going to play.I have never see some one defy a AD .. when your suspended you should not be allowed on the field in full uniform.. he should have been not able to come in the stadium. just like they don't travel to road games when suspended . He might get more time for that act. He just gave the AD of Florida State a finger in your face.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 08:48:59 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Florida State is definitely coddling the kid.  If he's suspended, he shouldn't have even been at the stadium, nevermind the sideline. 

I think he's a immature kid whose never had anyone say "No" to him throughout his life.  His football talent is pretty extraordinary and he seems to be the one controlling Florida State and not the other way around. 

As for the suspension, it was a pretty ridiculous thing to say but, not something totally unexpected from someone his age.  Just immaturity more than anything.  20 years ago, he's not getting suspending for that.  But, in today's 24/7 faux outrage society, he is.

Btw, Clemson lost that game last night.  Florida State didn't win it.  That was just an absolute chokejob by the Tigers.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 08:20:25 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
https://vine.co/v/O7B00X5Ozqm

he showed up before the game started wearing full pads like he was going to play.I have never see some one defy a AD .. when your suspended you should not be allowed on the field in full uniform.. he should have been not able to come in the stadium. just like they don't travel to road games when suspended . He might get more time for that act. He just gave the AD of Florida State a finger in your face.
He showed up to the stadium and his uniform was laid out in his locker.  Is he not supposed to put it on?  Maybe he thought he could wear it on the sideline.  Maybe he thought the suspension had been lifted (I mean this wasn't a NCAA suspension it was a school suspension).  There is plenty to get on Jameis about, that is not one of those things.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 09:07:11 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Florida State is definitely coddling the kid.  If he's suspended, he shouldn't have even been at the stadium, nevermind the sideline. 

I think he's a immature kid whose never had anyone say "No" to him throughout his life.  His football talent is pretty extraordinary and he seems to be the one controlling Florida State and not the other way around. 

As for the suspension, it was a pretty ridiculous thing to say but, not something totally unexpected from someone his age.  Just immaturity more than anything.  20 years ago, he's not getting suspending for that.  But, in today's 24/7 faux outrage society, he is.

Btw, Clemson lost that game last night.  Florida State didn't win it.  That was just an absolute chokejob by the Tigers.

20 years ago the general public doesn't know that he allegedly raped a girl and definitely got away with it (if it happened) because of FSU and the local police department weren't interested in finding out if he did.

The phrase itself definitely isn't suspensionworthy on its own.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 09:25:35 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

20 years ago the general public doesn't know that he allegedly raped a girl and definitely got away with it (if it happened) because of FSU and the local police department weren't interested in finding out if he did.

The phrase itself definitely isn't suspensionworthy on its own.

I'd agree.  A stupid thing to say but he's also college aged.  Who hasn't said something ridiculously stupid when they were 20-21 years old?   Certainly exercised poor judgement in regards to where he conveyed it, though.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 10:08:44 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The real damage being done is to his draft stock.

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 10:31:09 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I watch a ton of college football and have been watching FSU for years and have been following Winston since they started recruiting him.  On the field Winston is an absolute stud, him and Andrew Luck are the two best QB prospects I have seen since Manning.  He has incredible pocket awareness, reads defenses great and can deliver the ball anywhere on the field.  He also has that "IT" factor that great QB's need and his is clutch...

Off the field he has the mind of a 15 or 16 year old, I am glad FSU suspended him but I think it was more to do with the Title 9 investigation going on regarding his rape allegations....I can't wrap my mind around his off field behavior, it just doesn't make sense???

He literally has a 20-30 million dollar lottery ticket he could be cashing in about a year but now teams are going to be scared...

If he does mature, he will be a top 5 NFL QB for a long time....