Author Topic: Bos/Mem/Tor  (Read 4037 times)

Re: Bos/Mem/Tor
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 11:43:29 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
To Boston: Kosta Koufos, Tayshaun Prince (expiring), Chuck Hayes (expiring), & Nick Calathes (expiring)

To Memphis: Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, & Vitor Faverani, 2 second rd picks (one from Boston. one from Toronto)

To Toronto: Quincy Pondexter & Joel Anthony

I think all three teams do this deal. Toronto is only involved in the deal because I'm assuming Ainge would prefer an expiring contract (Hayes) instead of another SF (Pondexter) on a 3yr deal. Boston gets an upgrade at C. Zeller can come off the bench. Each contract is expiring so they can create more cap room for 2015. Sully and Olynyk share the PF spot. Hayes/Wallace can play PF if there's foul trouble. Memphis gets a starting SF in Green, Bass to back up Randolph, and Faverani to play a few minutes at C behind M. Gasol. Toronto gets a backup SF in Pondexter.

(Boston's 2nd rounder is made conditional to lessen the chances of Memphis receiving it)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kjoga6r

so, you're proposing trading a solid starting SF, a solid starting PF, 2 back up C's and a 2nd for a single back-up quality C? 

and you think that's a good deal?   SMH

Re: Bos/Mem/Tor
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 11:47:13 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
To Boston: Kosta Koufos, Tayshaun Prince (expiring), Chuck Hayes (expiring), & Nick Calathes (expiring)

To Memphis: Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, & Vitor Faverani, 2 second rd picks (one from Boston. one from Toronto)

To Toronto: Quincy Pondexter & Joel Anthony

I think all three teams do this deal. Toronto is only involved in the deal because I'm assuming Ainge would prefer an expiring contract (Hayes) instead of another SF (Pondexter) on a 3yr deal. Boston gets an upgrade at C. Zeller can come off the bench. Each contract is expiring so they can create more cap room for 2015. Sully and Olynyk share the PF spot. Hayes/Wallace can play PF if there's foul trouble. Memphis gets a starting SF in Green, Bass to back up Randolph, and Faverani to play a few minutes at C behind M. Gasol. Toronto gets a backup SF in Pondexter.

(Boston's 2nd rounder is made conditional to lessen the chances of Memphis receiving it)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kjoga6r

so, you're proposing trading a solid starting SF, a solid starting PF, 2 back up C's and a 2nd for a single back-up quality C? 

and you think that's a good deal?   SMH

I'm assuming Koufos would become our starting center.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.