Author Topic: Bos/Mem/Tor  (Read 4014 times)

Bos/Mem/Tor
« on: September 20, 2014, 09:11:08 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
To Boston: Kosta Koufos, Tayshaun Prince (expiring), Chuck Hayes (expiring), & Nick Calathes (expiring)

To Memphis: Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, & Vitor Faverani, 2 second rd picks (one from Boston. one from Toronto)

To Toronto: Quincy Pondexter & Joel Anthony

I think all three teams do this deal. Toronto is only involved in the deal because I'm assuming Ainge would prefer an expiring contract (Hayes) instead of another SF (Pondexter) on a 3yr deal. Boston gets an upgrade at C. Zeller can come off the bench. Each contract is expiring so they can create more cap room for 2015. Sully and Olynyk share the PF spot. Hayes/Wallace can play PF if there's foul trouble. Memphis gets a starting SF in Green, Bass to back up Randolph, and Faverani to play a few minutes at C behind M. Gasol. Toronto gets a backup SF in Pondexter.

(Boston's 2nd rounder is made conditional to lessen the chances of Memphis receiving it)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kjoga6r

Re: Bos/Mem/Tor
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 09:42:46 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
TP for a unique idea that makes a lot of sense all around. Brilliant stuff!

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:52:29 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Were trading green and a pick for koufos?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 10:02:48 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
Were trading green and a pick for koufos?

We would likely get to keep the pick. We have Turner, Wallace, Young to play SF if this trade happens. I'd do it in a heartbeat!

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 10:09:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
3 expiring players one that is pretty good plus a pick for Koufos a 5/4/.5 guy who is a 6 year vet. SMH

Stop please stop.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
3 expiring players one that is pretty good plus a pick for Koufos a 5/4/.5 guy who is a 6 year vet. SMH

Stop please stop.

Koufos is a back up Center in Memphis. Jeff Green, Brandon Bass will provide more offense in Memphis than Koufos. Its a no brainer. Not sure what you don't see.

Conley/Udrih
Allen/Lee
Green/Carter
Randolph/Bass
Gasol/Leuer/Faverani

Sounds better to me...

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 10:29:46 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Green> Koufos

Bass>=Koufos

That is the just the facts based on careers past and present.  Koof is tall and can roam the paint so you want to give up two better players for him. You guys are crazy looking for shot blockers. Koof, Dieng, Goob, Sanders. It is beyond silly. It's like has any one on here played basketball before. Also once you can dunk, height doesn't really phase a player. You just adjust your body or shot release to get around big guys.

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 12:11:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I do not think Koufas is the answer for us.

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 12:18:57 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
2nd

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 12:32:34 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
Green> Koufos

Bass>=Koufos

That is the just the facts based on careers past and present.  Koof is tall and can roam the paint so you want to give up two better players for him. You guys are crazy looking for shot blockers. Koof, Dieng, Goob, Sanders. It is beyond silly. It's like has any one on here played basketball before. Also once you can dunk, height doesn't really phase a player. You just adjust your body or shot release to get around big guys.

Besides Gobert, id trade Green for any of the players you named. Id rather have the cap space and young players like James Young along with Koufos heading into free agency 2015 than to have Green who can opt out next year. If you feel not having Green makes us worse, than I'd have to argue that is a good thing (better draft pick). Koufos is also an expiring so he could walk. Leave or stay, this trade gives the C's more flexibility heading into free agency 2015.

Allowing Koufos to start at Center could give us another trade asset in the long run. He could average a DD and be packaged in a deal for an all star. You're acting as if we're trading away Pierce again...Turner/Wallace/Young/Johnson at SF is sufficient and fills a void at the C position.

As far as bass goes, I'm sure he doesn't want to re-sign with us if we have Olynyk and Sully ahead of him in the rotation...

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 12:43:32 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
2nd

Neither are half the players on the team, but they're here...Is green the answer? I don't think so...

Its not as if I'm proposing we trade Rondo for Koufos. Its Jeff Green...This trade creates flexibility for 2015 free agency, and gets us Koufos who can always be traded in a package for a star to put next to Rondo.

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 01:48:42 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
2nd

Neither are half the players on the team, but they're here...Is green the answer? I don't think so...

Its not as if I'm proposing we trade Rondo for Koufos. Its Jeff Green...This trade creates flexibility for 2015 free agency, and gets us Koufos who can always be traded in a package for a star to put next to Rondo.

Koufos help net us a star that is crazy talk. Dude isn't good. 25 and his best year is 6/4/.8. Flexibility in 2015 is a guarantee if Green doesn't get hurt he will opt out. Koufos is not the answer.

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 05:11:49 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
I'd rather we find room to pick up Aron Baynes on a cheap deal, than trade for Koufos.

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 09:19:26 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
i would like to take lucas noguiera and gamble on him

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
We have Turner, Wallace, Young to play SF if this trade happens. I'd do it in a heartbeat!

That's a fairly sobering thing to read on a sunday morning. Egads!