Author Topic: Karl Towns shows some athleticism  (Read 6335 times)

Re: Karl Towns shows some athleticism
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 11:37:57 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
His tools are already greater than anyone in this years draft... Guy is a 7 footer with handles and has a good looking stroke... With skill sets... Maybe Danny knew... Point guard in this year... Center in next... Him and Kelly .. 2 7 footers... That are mobile... Jeff green at the 3...

Smart
Bradley
Green
Olynyk
Towns

Or really preferably

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Towns
Gasol

^^^ championship

Or
Smart
Bradley
Green
Towns
Defensive center...

Sheesh
I like the first lineup.
Whats really scary is that you did not include Sully, nor the purse we get for dealing Rondo....The scariest thing is that those Nets picks are gonna be lottery 3 . Maybe add Jaylen Brown, or Thon Maker to that lineup.

Or...with the cap hitting 80mil in 2 years, maybe we wait things out and sign  Anthony Davis.

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 08:45:52 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
His tools are already greater than anyone in this years draft... Guy is a 7 footer with handles and has a good looking stroke... With skill sets... Maybe Danny knew... Point guard in this year... Center in next... Him and Kelly .. 2 7 footers... That are mobile... Jeff green at the 3...

Smart
Bradley
Green
Olynyk
Towns

Or really preferably

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Towns
Gasol

^^^ championship

Or
Smart
Bradley
Green
Towns
Defensive center...

Sheesh
I like the first lineup.
Whats really scary is that you did not include Sully, nor the purse we get for dealing Rondo....The scariest thing is that those Nets picks are gonna be lottery 3 . Maybe add Jaylen Brown, or Thon Maker to that lineup.

Or...with the cap hitting 80mil in 2 years, maybe we wait things out and sign  Anthony Davis.

Yeah the thing is with the first lineup, we still don't have a great defensive big man, I mean youth and scoring wise it's great, but we all know defense wins chips.

I didn't even need to add in all the cap space we have and assets from rondo and draft picks because I can't even think of all things Danny has in his pocket.

Danny essentially has a black card with unlimited credit. He can either create a debt, invest and hit large or let the credit just sit there and eventually expire... We all hope it's the middle one... But I do believe the middle option will pan out.

Also the thought of Anthony Davis in green, playing smart and Bradley... Please, don't get me started I might have to start saving for 10years worth of season tickets.

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 09:13:29 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
He will be gone by the time we pick unless we get Cleveland lucky.

Not if DA does his job  ;D

One of the many reasons I'm in the trade Rondo camp.

I'd rather keep Rondo, and not go back to the lottery.

So you'd like to pay Rondo max or near max money. You'd like to keep Smart at the 2. You'd prefer to draft Dakari Johnson (late teens range since we made the playoffs) instead of Towns or Okafor.

I say play the young kids, let them develop further, trade Rondo for assets, and draft our second young franchise player (Smart being the other) to build the team around.

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 12:00:37 PM »

fitzhickey

Smart
Bradley
Green
Olynyk
Towns

Or really preferably

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Towns
Gasol

^^^ championship

Or
Smart
Bradley
Green
Towns
Defensive center...

Sheesh
I like the first lineup.

Any two of Thon/AD/Towns is a mouth watering frontline

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 06:46:06 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

So you'd like to pay Rondo max or near max money. You'd like to keep Smart at the 2. You'd prefer to draft Dakari Johnson (late teens range since we made the playoffs) instead of Towns or Okafor.

I say play the young kids, let them develop further, trade Rondo for assets, and draft our second young franchise player (Smart being the other) to build the team around.

Yes, yes (though Smart more of a combo guard) and yes. Relying on the lottery to take the team to the promised land is silly and relies a lot on luck. I'd much rather work what I have.

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 07:29:09 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170

Bingo! And 1.

Move all vets not nailed down(Rondo, Green, Bass if you can get something for him). Let the kids play and even if we fall short of Towns' projected spot. Right after the draft lottery we whip out our chest of picks and throw the house at whichever other rebuilding team is in his vicinity to secure the necessary spot.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...