Author Topic: A rondo-less 4 team sign and trade bos/mil/atl/phx  (Read 2562 times)

A rondo-less 4 team sign and trade bos/mil/atl/phx
« on: September 20, 2014, 05:36:12 PM »

Offline Deezzyy

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9doayd

Celtics end up with a big man and 2 shooters

Re: A rondo-less 4 team sign and trade bos/mil/atl/phx
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 05:48:40 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
Why would Phoenix do this? They end up with less talent and the privilege to overpay ilysova for 3 years. I'd hang up if I was them.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 06:37:24 PM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
totally agree.... Phoenix would just laugh and hang up the phone.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »

Offline Deezzyy

• Oshae Brissett
They do it because Eric Bledsoe and the front office have a horrible relationship now. As for the players Jeff green is better than any small foward now, Ilyasova is a better 3 point shooter and rebounder than channing Frye who thrived in Jeff horncecks system and faverani is a really good backup center for miles plumlee.

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
They do it because Eric Bledsoe and the front office have a horrible relationship now. As for the players Jeff green is better than any small foward now, Ilyasova is a better 3 point shooter and rebounder than channing Frye who thrived in Jeff horncecks system and faverani is a really good backup center for miles plumlee.

Jeff Green is the only real upgrade they get and he's not enough to give bledsoe away. Ilysova is a salary dump candidate right now, which means they'd have to give up assets to get rid of him, Phoenix isn't taking that contract for nothing and tying up their cap space for 3 years. "Fav is a really good back up center" just shows you're drinking the kool-aid, the same Fav that couldn't get off the bench last year for a team with no center is now magically a really good back up for a playoff contender? How does that happen?

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 10:54:36 AM »

Offline lurkerStrips

• Xavier Tillman
you had me at rondo-less trade...

i have to admit that phoenix is not desperate enough to offload bledsoe for green and redundancies, though. that and i'm not too keen on parting with olynyk. while the trade would be great for the c's, i think this would be highway robbery  :(

speaking of which, here's another idea i suggested to a bucks fan who said they might be interested in smart:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ncvjdvp

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Atlanta only gives up Korver and Teague and comes away with Bledsoe? There would be many other teams willing to give up much more to get him.

Why wouldn't Phoenix just keep Bledsoe rather than come away with only Green, Ersans big contract and a third string center.

Sanders gets traded for a minimal return?

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm interested in making a move with Smart and Milwaukee. Something like Smart/Bass for Sanders/Knight? Or even better:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n6jmefn

I'd take that. Give me a starting unit of Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sully/Sanders and a bench of Olynyk/Middleton/Zeller/Turner/Thornton and we're in the playoffs. Not sure we get out of the first round but I'd like to keep Rondo and this is an excellent first step.