Author Topic: Dallas/Boston Trade  (Read 3978 times)

Dallas/Boston Trade
« on: September 20, 2014, 04:12:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I posted this on another link, too, but I thought I'd make my own thread with it.

How about Rondo and Green for Parsons, Wright, and Dallas' 2015 pick?

I think this is a fair deal, because we're giving up the best player in the deal and getting a prospect and late first round pick for it. Green and Parsons are similar players, though Parsons still has some upside being much younger than Green. Furthermore, Wright is their backup center, so they keep Tyson Chandler as their defensive big in the middle. This would give Dallas a lineup of:
PG: Rondo
SG: Ellis
SF: Green
PF: Nowitzki
C: Chandler, which I think is good enough to compete in the West.

For us, we'd have a strong young core of:
PG: Smart
SG: Bradley, Young
SF: Parsons, Turner
PF: Sully/Olynyk
C: Wright/Zeller to build with. We'd finally have a go-to scorer, and that's a great mix of offense and defense, though we'd still need a better defensive-minded big in the middle.  Furthermore, we'd have three picks in this upcoming draft that we could potentially package for the number one pick or a disgruntled veteran star.

Re: Dallas/Boston Trade
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 04:15:40 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Horrible trade.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 04:17:35 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
You got a man-crush on me or something? That's the third time you've posted "horrible trade" on one of my posts within the last five minutes! lol

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Just replying man it's a bad trade. If it was good or decent I'd do a rating. I'd even suggest tweaks to it. I don't just bash a trade idea unless it is really bad. But keep trying don't get discouraged.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 04:38:20 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Dude, I'm just messing with you. What don't you like about it? Parsons is overpaid, but he still has room to grow and he can be our go-to guy. What more do you think we can get for Rondo?

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 04:52:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Rondo is worth much more than Parsons.

I'd rather keep Jeff Green and hope for something better in a trade or hope he opts out than take a backup and a late first for him. We have plenty of firsts.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 05:04:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I think this is a fair deal, because we're giving up the best player in the deal and getting a prospect and pick for it. Green and Parsons are similar players, though Parsons still has some upside being much younger than Green. Furthermore, Wright is their backup center, so they keep Tyson Chandler as their defensive big in the middle. This would give Dallas a lineup of:

C: Wright/Zeller to build with. We'd finally have a go-to scorer, and that's a great mix of offense and defense, though we'd still need a better defensive-minded big in the middle.  Furthermore, we'd have three picks in this upcoming draft that we could potentially package for the number one pick or a disgruntled veteran star.
horrible, just horrible.

this option would break down on a talent level as follows:

Green = Parson but we end up helping Dallas pay a player 2/3 of what they started paying. 
what's left is
Rondo for Wright and a low 1st. 

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL.

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 05:07:43 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Horrible trade.

Horrible response ;)

I don't like the trade either, I am not that high on Parsons.  I don't think he any better than Green and Wright has not done much at all to make me think he has value.

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't believe Parsons can be traded til after January as he was picked up as a free agent.

One guy on Dallas that I'd love to see the Celts go after next summer is Monta Ellis.

I am sure at least a couple people here will give me a hard time for saying so, but I think a scorer like Ellis would be the perfect compliment to Rondo, who is a pass-first PG.

That's another reason why I didn't like the Bradley signing because I am not convinced that a "defensive" minded guard like Bradley meshes with a point guard like Rondo.

For example, Bradley I think would work better alongside a PG like Westbrook or Paul, not Rondo.

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I posted this on another link, too, but I thought I'd make my own thread with it.

I think this is a fair deal, because we're giving up the best player in the deal and getting a prospect and late first round pick for it. Green and Parsons are similar players, though Parsons still has some upside being much younger than Green. Furthermore, Wright is their backup center, so they keep Tyson Chandler as their defensive big in the middle. This would give Dallas a lineup of:

Are you sure that Parsons is going to be your go-to scorer? He scored less per minute than players like Green, Sully and Bradley on a team that outscored us by 11 ppg. If you adjust his scoring based on the difference in team scoring, he scores about the same percentage of is team's points per36 as players like Bass or Bayless did for us.

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Are you sure that Parsons is going to be your go-to scorer? He scored less per minute than players like Green, Sully and Bradley on a team that outscored us by 11 ppg. If you adjust his scoring based on the difference in team scoring, he scores about the same percentage of is team's points per36 as players like Bass or Bayless did for us.

He also played with much more talented scorers, too. Harden and Howard took up a much higher percentage of the points than anyone on the C's did. For example, Harden scored 24% and Howard 17% of the total points. Our highest scorer, Jeff Green, only scored 18% of our total points, so you see how his scoring percentage is skewed by playing with Harden and Howard?

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Dallas would win the title easily, and Boston would fire Ainge.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 04:27:01 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

He also played with much more talented scorers, too. Harden and Howard took up a much higher percentage of the points than anyone on the C's did. For example, Harden scored 24% and Howard 17% of the total points. Our highest scorer, Jeff Green, only scored 18% of our total points, so you see how his scoring percentage is skewed by playing with Harden and Howard?

Yes, I understand that he was playing with much more talented scorers in Houston. I also realize that means he draws less attention from defenses. He had the same usage% numbers as Lee or Bayless for the Celts last year. I think your post is more an explanation of why Parsons wasn't a go-to scorer last year than why he will be one if we trade for him.