Author Topic: Koufos for Joel Anthony and a protected first  (Read 1515 times)

Koufos for Joel Anthony and a protected first
« on: September 19, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Saves us $800,000 this year and we get a starting center.  I would be willing to give up our unprotected Clipper first or a top 15-20 protected pick of ours or the Nets.

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Re: Koufos for Joel Anthony and a protected first
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 06:15:01 PM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Works for me. I am not sure if Memphis bites. They are not contending, but also not rebuilding. They will have only Joel behind Gasol. Still, the pick might enough incentive.

I was thinking about the same package for Biyombo. Probably 2nd rounder instead of 1st. Zeller plays both PF and C, they also drafted Vonleh. Could work.

Happy with both trades, both sound plausible to me.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:19:18 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Pretty fair.  I doubt Memphis would care too much about replacing their backup center with a lesser backup center if they could get a first round pick out of it.

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 06:38:44 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
No thanks. I'm more into seeing Zeller and Olynyk(stretch) at the five and keeping the first. I know everyone wants defense or an experienced center but Koufos no. He has 6 years in the league averaged 5.5/4 with like .8 blocks. You don't give anything up for him maybe a TE.

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 06:40:11 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Lose-lose. Team with deep playoff aspirations loses their backup center, and a rebuilding team loses a first round pick for a likely year-long rental.

Fair value trade, but doesn't make any sense for either side.

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:36:15 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Works for me. I am not sure if Memphis bites. They are not contending, but also not rebuilding. They will have only Joel behind Gasol. Still, the pick might enough incentive.

I was thinking about the same package for Biyombo. Probably 2nd rounder instead of 1st. Zeller plays both PF and C, they also drafted Vonleh. Could work.

Love your idea of Anthony for Biz!!!  I wonder if a second rounder would be enough.  Maybe one of the Philly seconds would work.  Otherwise, it might take the Clips first rounder, which I think I would be fine with.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 07:41:47 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'd pull the trigger, but that's the most I will give up, so I will try to lowball them first...Anthony and a 2nd rounder, see if they are even willing to negotiate

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 08:11:47 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 08:27:55 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Koufos wants to start, really. I invision a sort of "Omer Asik" career path.

Not saying they have the same game, but two very good back up centers, who prove both in limited time and starters time, that they can be very solid starting centers.

I'd absolutely do it if we could get some kind of commitment from Kosta, as he's a FA next summer.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 08:30:31 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Love your idea of Anthony for Biz!!!  I wonder if a second rounder would be enough.  Maybe one of the Philly seconds would work.  Otherwise, it might take the Clips first rounder, which I think I would be fine with.

Smitty77

LOL no chance in Montana CHA even considers anything short of Joel/1st.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.