Author Topic: Gobert for James Young + future first  (Read 4141 times)

Gobert for James Young + future first
« on: September 19, 2014, 02:49:14 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
This gives us a center to develop and gives the Jazz a young SF to develop and a future first rounder!!

Thoughts???

Smitty77

Re: Gobert for James Young + future first
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 02:50:41 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'd like to see Young play against some NBA competition first.

Gobert looked good in that one game against Spain, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 02:53:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think giving two firsts for a guy who went near the end of the first last year isn't a great use of assets, especially when Gobert hasn't shown he can consistently perform in the NBA.

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 02:58:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think giving two firsts for a guy who went near the end of the first last year isn't a great use of assets, especially when Gobert hasn't shown he can consistently perform in the NBA.
this.

would like to see what these 2 can do in the next couple of years.  both are pretty unproven right now.  I'm guessing a 1st is being thrown in because Gobert is a center while Young is a SF but Young was selected much higher in a much deeper draft. 

also not sure Young is the player they'd want with Hayward already there unless they see him as a SG but even then they already have a few guards ahead of him on the depth chart.

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 03:09:50 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I think Gobert may eventually be worth something like that. But there's no way I could make that move. Young is a solid prospect and throwing in an additional first for an unproven guy is just too much risk.

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 03:30:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
After FIBA this has no chance of happening folks.

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 03:39:42 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think sending out that much based on one game, or stretch of games, is a good idea. I think the Jazz would jump on it just to build assets, unless they really want to dump Kantor/Favors

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 03:43:35 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
this

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 04:11:17 PM »

Offline Queensdeep

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Wait, let me get this straight.
You want to trade not one but two first round picks (one of whom is a lottery pick) for Gorbet?
Really??
Have faith in Ainge, glad we have him making the decisions.

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 04:41:52 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
With next years draft being heavy on Centers, I'd rather hold on to Young, especially if what they were saying about him in the work outs are true. Killer instinct is hard to come by. And Young showed int he Tourney he has some of that, and wants to be in the spot light and take the big shot.

Plus I see Young more of a 2 guard, his speed and athletic ability isn't elite, so having size on the two would be great. And it's good to have a back up for if, I mean when AB goes down with an injury...:P

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 04:42:27 PM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
it is premature for the Celtics AND the Jazz to move on from either one of these players.  Boston really likes James Young and Utah really likes Gobert. 

Personally, I like Gobert.  For a young kid he already defends the post really well.  His learning curve is primarily on the offensive end of the court where he needs to develop some sort of post game.  He also needs to learn how to stay out of foul trouble, but that's a common issue for young bigs. 

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 05:26:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Young> Gobert

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 05:37:37 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Coming from the founding member of the go for Gobert team at cb i think we can do better than this. I would do it if I was Utah but I think we can do much better and get Gobert

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 05:50:30 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Wait, let me get this straight.
You want to trade not one but two first round picks (one of whom is a lottery pick) for Gorbet?
Really??
Have faith in Ainge, glad we have him making the decisions.

Funny, I don't recall my saying which first round pick to include!!  I would lottery protect or top 20 protect any pick.  I was thinking the Clips pick to be honest.  Don't assume.

Smitty77

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 06:19:42 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
it is premature for the Celtics AND the Jazz to move on from either one of these players.  Boston really likes James Young and Utah really likes Gobert. 

Personally, I like Gobert.  For a young kid he already defends the post really well.  His learning curve is primarily on the offensive end of the court where he needs to develop some sort of post game.  He also needs to learn how to stay out of foul trouble, but that's a common issue for young bigs.

This, pretty much.