Author Topic: I get bored so BOS/Dal trade idea  (Read 3181 times)

Re: I get bored so BOS/Dal trade idea
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 07:09:43 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
How about Rondo and Green for Parsons, Wright, and Dallas' 2015 pick?

I think this is a fair deal, because we're giving up the best player in the deal and getting a prospect and pick for it. Green and Parsons are similar players, though Parsons still has some upside being much younger than Green. Furthermore, Wright is their backup center, so they keep Tyson Chandler as their defensive big in the middle. This would give Dallas a lineup of:
PG: Rondo
SG: Ellis
SF: Green
PF: Nowitzki
C: Chandler, which I think is good enough to compete in the West.

For us, we'd have a strong young core of:
PG: Smart
SG: Bradley, Young
SF: Parsons, Turner
PF: Sully/Olynyk
C: Wright/Zeller to build with. We'd finally have a go-to scorer, and that's a great mix of offense and defense, though we'd still need a better defensive-minded big in the middle.  Furthermore, we'd have three picks in this upcoming draft that we could potentially package for the number one pick or a disgruntled veteran star.
I think that this trade is more interesting than the original one suggested by Deezzyy. Why would we want the 31 year old Chandler and the 30 year old Felton, who is terrible by the way, if we are rebuilding? If Dallas just had one more good young asset to add to the Parsons-Wright deal (not another mediocre 1st round pick), you would have to think hard about doing this deal. The problem is Dallas is a win-now older team so I can't think of what else they could offer.