Author Topic: I get bored so BOS/Dal trade idea  (Read 3182 times)

I get bored so BOS/Dal trade idea
« on: September 19, 2014, 01:08:48 PM »

Offline Deezzyy

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Boston Out: Rondo, Green, Thornton, Faverani Trade Exception, Clips 15, 2nd round pick
Boston In: Chandler, Parsons, Felton

Boston Lineup
Smart/Felton/Pressey
Bradley/ Turner/ young
Parsons/turner/Wallace
Sullinger/Olynyk/bass
Chandler/Zeller/Anthony

Re: I get bored so BOS/Dal trade idea
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Dallas says no very fast.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:15:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Boston In: Chandler, Parsons, Felton

Even if you lose the first comma Dallas probably still passes. 

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 01:20:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 01:45:27 PM »

Offline Deezzyy

• Oshae Brissett
I don't think they say no very fast because the last time Dallas had a true point guard to point with Dirk they won a championship against the heat. Rondo is much better than Kidd was when he was on the team and they also receive much better wing players than they had on that 11 championship team, the only downside is that they lose Tyson Chandler defensively. Personally I think the mavs say yes to this deal and that it helps both teams.

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 01:59:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I actually think the C's say no really fast.

Rondo's the best player in the deal.  Felton just plain sucks.  We're doing Dallas a big favor taking him off their hands.

Green = Parsons except Green is much cheaper

Chandler is not the player he was during that championship year.

Offering Thornton (a decent SG), a 1st, a 2nd and a TPE (not aware of a TPE from Fav since he hasn't been traded or received in a trade but for the sake of argument we'll say it exists -- other option is to just use Fav himself) on top of all that is ridiculous overpayment. 

Any Rondo deals would need to bring in a player of equivalent talent or preferably someone even better.  This deal doesn't come close to that benchmark.

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 02:08:48 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Rondo's the best player in the deal.  Felton just plain sucks.  We're doing Dallas a big favor taking him off their hands.

Offering Thornton (a decent SG), a 1st, a 2nd and a TPE (not aware of a TPE from Fav since he hasn't been traded or received in a trade but for the sake of argument we'll say it exists -- other option is to just use Fav himself) on top of all that is ridiculous overpayment. 

I think Dallas passes because they'd have a huge hole at center, which was the reason they got Chandler back in the first place.  I do think they'd be a team that would be interested in Rondo, just not at the expense of their interior D.

Any Rondo deals would need to bring in a player of equivalent talent or preferably someone even better.  This deal doesn't come close to that benchmark.

I think that's unfortunately pretty unlikely.  Doubly so in a contract year with no certainty of keeping Rondo.

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 02:09:05 PM »

Offline Deezzyy

• Oshae Brissett

the tpe is from Courtney lee deal last year and I think Parsons is a lot better than green and 4 years younger, he has improved every year since being in the league and I can only see him getting better. As far as Rondo goes I don't believe that we can get as much for him as we want due to the personality and play style he has, at least with this trade we get rid of green and Thornton(players not in future plans) and in return get a young and better wing in parsons and a defensive center desperately needed in chandler at least for a year and clears up cap space for next year.

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 02:26:19 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I don't think they say no very fast because the last time Dallas had a true point guard to point with Dirk they won a championship against the heat. Rondo is much better than Kidd was when he was on the team and they also receive much better wing players than they had on that 11 championship team, the only downside is that they lose Tyson Chandler defensively. Personally I think the mavs say yes to this deal and that it helps both teams.

While Rondo is obviously much better than a 38 year old kid, I think Tyson Chandler was more of the reason the Mavericks won in 2011 than there PG position. Chandler next to Dirk is a great pairing and Chandler turned into a KG-esque (despite not being on KGs level) player for that Mavs team. Sure Ray Felton is terrible, but Jameer Nelson and Devin Harris are fairly sufficient point guards.

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 02:33:12 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I think Dallas passes because they'd have a huge hole at center, which was the reason they got Chandler back in the first place.  I do think they'd be a team that would be interested in Rondo, just not at the expense of their interior D.
excellent point.  that's why I was wondering if the offer included Fav it would make more sense for Dallas but I still wouldn't do this for Boston.  Tyson is in decline and won't make an impact to the C's future.  The trade essentially gives away our best player for a center in decline and a swap of SFs of equivalent talent but very unequivalent salaries.

I think that's unfortunately pretty unlikely.  Doubly so in a contract year with no certainty of keeping Rondo.
the fact it's unlikely is a primary reason I'm against trading Rondo in the first place.  I'd rather keep him and add better players around him OR if there really is no other option but to trade him (and that would require him actually telling the front office he will not resign after this season---none of this speculative garbage some people are floating around as 'fact') then I'd want youth/good picks if a better player than Rondo cannot be had in deal.

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 02:47:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

the tpe is from Courtney lee deal last year and I think Parsons is a lot better than green and 4 years younger, he has improved every year since being in the league and I can only see him getting better. As far as Rondo goes I don't believe that we can get as much for him as we want due to the personality and play style he has, at least with this trade we get rid of green and Thornton(players not in future plans) and in return get a young and better wing in parsons and a defensive center desperately needed in chandler at least for a year and clears up cap space for next year.
Lee TPE makes more sense but doesn't change the fact C's are overpaying.

Parsons is not better than Green, not by any measurable statistics that have been kicked around here in numerous threads.  He's paid a lot more -- 50% more.  no matter how much you like him, he does not produce 50% more than Green.  I'll go along with him being more consistant than Green but in the end they average about the same across the board.  I don't think is ceiling is much higher than where he's at right now. 

Comments that Rondo's value is low due to personality issues is unproven.  if your argument was that he's coming off surgery and didn't look like old Rondo that would carry some merit but the personality and style of play isn't going to impact his value.  if anything, his style of play should increase his value since he is the foremost 'pass-first' PG in the league and can put up a triple-double in almost any game if he chooses.  if he were using his inconsistant effort as an issue, I could understand that but that's not what you're basing your comments on.  also, I haven't heard any comments about players wanting to play with Parsons whereas there have been a number of the top players commenting they like Rondo's game.  Rondo may or may not draw other players to the team when the C's have cap space but you can be sure that Parsons won't draw anyone.

Getting rid of Green and Thornton just to get rid of them is counterproductive. 

Tyson may fill a hole we have, no debate there, but why get a center that's on the downside of his career and would be off the team long before it's ready to make a run at a title?  seems rather pointless.  Parsons certainly won't get that resulting roster into the playoffs -- certainly not if you don't think Rondo could.  C's would be left foundering for several more years. 

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 04:00:33 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
How about Rondo and Green for Parsons, Wright, and Dallas' 2015 pick?

I think this is a fair deal, because we're giving up the best player in the deal and getting a prospect and pick for it. Green and Parsons are similar players, though Parsons still has some upside being much younger than Green. Furthermore, Wright is their backup center, so they keep Tyson Chandler as their defensive big in the middle. This would give Dallas a lineup of:
PG: Rondo
SG: Ellis
SF: Green
PF: Nowitzki
C: Chandler, which I think is good enough to compete in the West.

For us, we'd have a strong young core of:
PG: Smart
SG: Bradley, Young
SF: Parsons, Turner
PF: Sully/Olynyk
C: Wright/Zeller to build with. We'd finally have a go-to scorer, and that's a great mix of offense and defense, though we'd still need a better defensive-minded big in the middle.  Furthermore, we'd have three picks in this upcoming draft that we could potentially package for the number one pick or a disgruntled veteran star.

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 04:15:10 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

I think this is a fair deal, because we're giving up the best player in the deal and getting a prospect and pick for it. Green and Parsons are similar players, though Parsons still has some upside being much younger than Green. Furthermore, Wright is their backup center, so they keep Tyson Chandler as their defensive big in the middle. This would give Dallas a lineup of:

C: Wright/Zeller to build with. We'd finally have a go-to scorer, and that's a great mix of offense and defense, though we'd still need a better defensive-minded big in the middle.  Furthermore, we'd have three picks in this upcoming draft that we could potentially package for the number one pick or a disgruntled veteran star.
Horrible trade.

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 04:54:37 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

horrible, just horrible.

this option would break down on a talent level as follows:

Green = Parson but we end up helping Dallas pay a player 2/3 of what they started paying. 
what's left is
Rondo for Wright and a low 1st. 

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL.

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 05:54:04 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
IMO Green is just as good as Parson's...and paid more...good jk

Tyson Chandler is not the same player he once was. Theres a reason Phil moved him. If TC was the same TC there would have been outrage after Phil traded him, especially bc it was one of his first moves.

I think/hope we say no. This does not help us and we give up picks and Rondo.